\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thanks for the correction on the hp figures. For some reason I has 240 on my brain. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I see why it's desirable, but I couldn't justify the value some of these are attaining. And Lotus definitely has a good niche for themselves. I'm very interested in seeing the upgraded V6 models before they drop it and go only AMG 4/DCT, which for us who love a great manual gearbox, will be a sad day. 😢😢 Thankfully it won't be for a while yet and there are good choices of earlier Evoras around for sale (though I wouldn't get an early S1 car. No where near as comfortable & roomy as the S2 400/GT cars). 👍

Cant justify the value of an NSX? Just look at the damn thing, its gorgeous one of the best cars of all time. :lol:

But yeah as wonder said, same philosophy as the Lotus. Saying it aint enough power yadda yadda, but again as is with the Lotus, that wasnt the point. Every video ive seen of the NSX just praises the **** out of its driving feel, its balance, its clutch and shifter action, overall analog feeling.

Tbh Lotus has always been a B tier brand in that class. No one really checks for them. Good rep, good cars, “but why would you when you can just get a Porsche”.

Cant justify the value of an NSX? Just look at the damn thing, its gorgeous one of the best cars of all time. :lol:

But yeah as wonder said, same philosophy as the Lotus. Saying it aint enough power yadda yadda, but again as is with the Lotus, that wasnt the point. Every video ive seen of the NSX just praises the **** out of its driving feel, its balance, its clutch and shifter action, overall analog feeling.

Tbh Lotus has always been a B tier brand in that class. No one really checks for them. Good rep, good cars, “but why would you when you can just get a Porsche”.

So I don't like an NSX, big deal. There are 31 flavors of Baskin Robbins for a reason. You say it's "one of the best cars of all time". Yet, let's flip the roles. When the Evora first came out (2010 MY), it was 276 HP on a car that weighed about 3,000-3,100 and people said it was slow. Handling was amazing, but didn't have "enough" go. But the NSX which has 270 hp (thank you boywonder boywonder ) at launch was a marvel. And it weighted the same.

Yeah, times were different, when each came out, but while the Evora was constantly upgraded in terms of power (276, 345 in the S, 400 for the 400 and 416 in the GT, we didn't get the 430 tune as it didn't pass emissions) the NSX went its whole lifespan with only a 30 hp bump. That's it. There is a reason why a lot of owners sold their cars. They wanted something a little quicker. I'm not talking supercar speed, but something that gets moving faster without needing to tach it to get V-Tech to kick in. There is a local owner with a 1992. He's selling it as he can't stand driving it anymore. And I hate to break it to you, but he is NOT ALONE.

I'll take a B tier brand if it means the values stay low for a bit. It's finally happening that the V8 Esprit Twin Turbos are getting their due. 2002-2004 cars selling for 100K for food cara and well above that for excellent examples. They were $30k a few years ago. People finally see the value.
If this means, I can grab an Evora GT in the low $90s to high $90s based on options, I'll take a B tier.

And your question to someone looking at a Lotus: "but why would you when you can just get a Porsche"? Gee, maybe because I don't want a Porsche? 🤷 Maybe I don't want my car to look like every other Porsche on the road? That only car people will know the visual difference between a 992 and a 992 C4s to a GT3 Touring.

For me at least, I buy a Lotus because of what it stands for and the ethos that Colin Chapman put into his car. "For The Drivers" means something. Reliability with a Toyota engine is the cherry on the sundae. Bulletproof. Oil changes are pennies compared to a Porsche ($8 TRD filter). And I don't want to pay the "Porsche Tax" lol!

And again, this is me, I want something that is "different" & "unique" and "special". Hell, I'll say it, RARE! To me, a 911 Carrera S is a great car, but they have gotten bloated in terms of size (friends telling me this), EXPENSIVE, their steering, once the pinnacle of the automotive world is not there anymore. And frankly, they aren't "special enough" to me at least (I'm sure they are to others).

When I get in the Lotus in my garage, and I see (and smell) all the alcantara everywhere, see the carbon fiber, and leather, the little plaque of who made the car, and remind myself how rare it is, THIS is special to me (722 made in 2 years, 535 in manual. More rare than any SVJ or Huracan). And I can tell you, with all honestly, so many people have never seen one before, which is a cool conversation starter anywhere we go. You don't get that with a "normal" 911 or Cayman. Again, others may disagree but it's why I always get PB Ripple or Cookies & Cream at BR instead of Vanilla Bean 👍

Last edited:
So I don't like an NSX, big deal. There are 31 flavors of Baskin Robbins for a reason. You say it's "one of the best cars of all time". Yet, let's flip the roles. When the Evora first came out (2010 MY), it was 276 HP on a car that weighed about 3,000-3,100 and people said it was slow. Handling was amazing, but didn't have "enough" go. But the NSX which has 270 hp (thank you boywonder boywonder ) at launch was a marvel. And it weighted the same.

Yeah, times were different, when each came out, but while the Evora was constantly upgraded in terms of power (276, 345 in the S, 400 for the 400 and 416 in the GT, we didn't get the 430 tune as it didn't pass emissions) the NSX went its whole lifespan with only a 30 hp bump. That's it. There is a reason why a lot of owners sold their cars. They wanted something a little quicker. I'm not talking supercar speed, but something that gets moving faster without needing to tach it to get V-Tech to kick in. There is a local owner with a 1992. He's selling it as he can't stand driving it anymore. And I hate to break it to you, but he is NOT ALONE.

I'll take a B tier brand if it means the values stay low for a bit. It's finally happening that the V8 Esprit Twin Turbos are getting their due. 2002-2004 cars selling for 100K for food cara and well above that for excellent examples. They were $30k a few years ago. People finally see the value.
If this means, I can grab an Evora GT in the low $90s to high $90s based on options, I'll take a B tier.

And your question to someone looking at a Lotus: "but why would you when you can just get a Porsche"? Gee, maybe because I don't want a Porsche? 🤷 Maybe I don't want my car to look like every other Porsche on the road? That only car people will know the visual difference between a 992 and a 992 C4s to a GT3 Touring.

For me at least, I buy a Lotus because of what it stands for and the ethos that Colin Chapman put into his car. "For The Drivers" means something. Reliability with a Toyota engine is the cherry on the sundae. Bulletproof. Oil changes are pennies compared to a Porsche ($8 TRD filter). And I don't want to pay the "Porsche Tax" lol!

And again, this is me, I want something that is "different" & "unique" and "special". Hell, I'll say it, RARE! To me, a 911 Carrera S is a great car, but they have gotten bloated in terms of size (friends telling me this), EXPENSIVE, their steering, once the pinnacle of the automotive world is not there anymore. And frankly, they aren't "special enough" to me at least (I'm sure they are to others).

When I get in the Lotus in my garage, and I see (and smell) all the alcantara everywhere, see the carbon fiber, and leather, the little plaque of who made the car, and remind myself how rare it is, THIS is special to me (722 made in 2 years, 535 in manual. More rare than any SVJ or Huracan). And I can tell you, with all honestly, so many people have never seen one before, which is a cool conversation starter anywhere we go. You don't get that with a "normal" 911 or Cayman. Again, others may disagree but it's why I always get PB Ripple or Cookies & Cream at BR instead of Vanilla Bean 👍

Damn dude, i'm sold. Where do I sign up for an Emira?

the more i watch the more i want a g80 m3 in matte black as a daily

Yes, I agree. I think everyone who says the G80 is ugly is off their rocker. M3 is sick as hell. Would take an M3 over a C8 anyday.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 4.48.11 PM.png

I mean you didn’t show a stock one. You show a heavily modified one to help ugly lol

Lol we don't keep our cars stock anyways. I still love the G80, just something about it...Not speaking on the rest of the lineup, as I agree with most that they're not the nicest to look at, and were clearly geared towards the asian market vs US market.

But that G80 though, lovely, especially in black.

I'd probably own one, but I need an EV for my commute.

i see so many nowadays
and the front end i actually went from hating to liking, if u see it on the road i bet you'll be a fan

I live in Atlanta, see them all the time, know owners .. pretty much every new BMW was designed by a 4 year old. It is what it is. Being fast is no excuse for ugly. I do admit darker colors help and mods. And sunset. With shades on. With your eyes closed.

Contrarily an E46 is timeless,

Back
Top Bottom