\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

How much yall paying for oil changes nowadays? I got a spot ive been going to for years, havent the past couple since dealer had free oil changes but I went last time it was due and full synthetic with everything was damn near $90 for my Accord. The hell? I dont remember it being that much (guy sold it to the new owners). Didnt think anything of it and thought new owners just taxing but I need another one and im wondering if I got jipped or it really is how much oil changes are nowadays.
thats a tax for an accord motor
what u can do is buy oil wholesale at like costco which is what i do and then order filters online or autozone/pepboys
then i take it to a shop which charges me 20 bucks for labor

one time i was about to go on a road trip and it had been like 7k miles since my last oil change so on the way i went to jiffy lube they got me for 180 bucks smfh

never again

what u can do is buy oil wholesale at like costco which is what i do and then order filters online or autozone/pepboys

one time i was about to go on a road trip and it had been like 7k miles since my last oil change so on the way i went to jiffy lube they got me for 180 bucks smfh

never again

How they get you for $180? :lol:

never again

Can’t believe people still charge 20 for oil labor. They have to be losing money at that price unless they’re doing it on their driveway.

How they get you for $180? :lol:
bruh i don't know, it was like 7/8 quarts so i know they taxed me on the oil
Can’t believe people still charge 20 for oil labor. They have to be losing money at that price unless they’re doing it on their driveway.
i'm a lil surprised too, it takes them 20-30 min so i guess its quick lunch money for the guy lol

How much yall paying for oil changes nowadays? I got a spot ive been going to for years, havent the past couple since dealer had free oil changes but I went last time it was due and full synthetic with everything was damn near $90 for my Accord. The hell? I dont remember it being that much (guy sold it to the new owners). Didnt think anything of it and thought new owners just taxing but I need another one and im wondering if I got jipped or it really is how much oil changes are nowadays.
I believe $90 sounds about right. My dad pays I want to say between $60-$75 at the dealer. They always send coupons in the mail so he gets a little discount.

For my Maxima I pay my brother to grab the oil & filter & he changes it for me, lol. For the Challenger I used to get lifetime free oil changes at the dealership but since I got the engine mods done it runs on a higher performance oil so I take it to the speed shop & they do it for $120.

My guy at the dealership said I can bring them the oil & they have the filter and it'll still be free. Might do that starting Spring.

How are they losing money? Takes 15 minutes or less if you don't have to undo plastic covers underneath. Which are usually on european luxury cars.

For a Japanese car, you just put in on a lift, undo the drain plug, let the oil drain, replace the oil filter, lower the car, put new oil in at required quantity, done

How are they losing money? Takes 15 minutes or less if you don't have to undo plastic covers underneath. Which are usually on european luxury cars.

For a Japanese car, you just put in on a lift, undo the drain plug, let the oil drain, replace the oil filter, lower the car, put new oil in at required quantity, done
overhead cost

I got the fumoto valve

giphy.gif

Y’all must some high *** cars to be running that. The last thing I need is that to snap off when I’m going over speed bumps or driveways :lol:

Yea for a sedan or something lowered I wouldn't risk it but most people are driving crossovers and off road mall crawlers

You take my gti oil plug out with a screwdriver and toss it. 🗑️🚮

It’s a quarter turn and clicks when it’s in. Easy af. You could re use it but the kit comes with a new one every time

Overhead mainly, but just the liability of doing the work would make me not want the 20 dollars.

I wouldn’t want the first model year of that ram charger but that idea is actually good.

A guy made a logging truck like that. Eddison motors is what he calls his company.

Back
Top Bottom