\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

damn...imagine watching eddie griffin crash your enzo

i wouldnt let anyone drive my honda

To be fair, this popped up for sale years later and the current owner (who will never sell it) saw it on the auction listing and snagged it. Accident doesn't matter on these types of cars. It's rebuilt using Ferrari parts and done to the highest standard. Sort of like when Mr Bean crashed his F1 TWICE (with the 2nd accident having the motor launched from the car). Rebuilt, and when he sold it, with a lot of miles on it, many years ago, it still did £15M GBP! Seeing this up close yesterday, with how crappy I've been feeling with dealing with Crohn's so badly (some days I can't honestly leave the house for hours) perked me up A LOT!

i dont mind salvage/rebuilt title cars...youre driving the car...not the title...

still, it sucks to see something so nice driven into k-rail on a closed course/parking lot

From what I’ve read the 765 is not really usable on the street. I would consider a 750 but don’t think I want to spend that much.

You'll be really happy with the 720. A friend of mine made the same upgrade recently. 992 C2S to 720s. I actually talked him into it one night, I told him I basically never drive my Targa anymore because the R8 V10 with an exhaust is just a different emotion. Sure the R8 is an entry level supercar, but it just does it for me.

Plus I'm in LA where every doctors girlfriend has a 911.

The Porsche is obviously great because it's good at everything, but if it's your weekend car, it only needs to be good at being a weekend car, and unless you're in a 3RS, taking out the 911 on Sunday morning will never ever feel like taking out a McLaren.

He traded in his 992 and got the Mclaren within days of having this conversation. He's over the moon about it. I also hooked him up with the same wheels I have but in black. Looks great. He tells me he will never go back to Porsche, especially for what they cost nowadays.

The R8 and 720 are probably the best deals on the market today in terms of driving experience. (At supercar level).

IMG_0846.jpeg

The 4s is a great daily but since I’ve gotten the CT I really haven’t driven it much at all. While I love the 7MT it is annoying in traffic. And it’s really not practical if I have to do anything involving both kids. If I’m gonna have something I drive once a month may as well go for it.

I finally decided to go for the Cadillac Escalade Sport Platinum. During negotiations and just before finalizing the deal, I went through a detailed inspection to ensure everything was in working order. When I opened the glove compartment and pulled out the folder with the owner’s manual, I found paperwork in the back showing the vehicle had failed an emissions test 2,000 miles ago. While it eventually passed, I wasn’t comfortable with the potential issues that could arise, so I walked away from the deal. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom