\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So park it, let it run for a while, and then check the reservoir to see if the coolant level has changed?

Yes - starting with a cool engine with the radiator cap removed. It can take a while for the car to get up to temp and for the coolant to start circulating

Just observe the coolant level and your temps as you go. If you see bubbles that means air is escaping. Depending on how long it's been you may just want to flush the entire system and proceed with the steps above

Also when up to temp check to see if your heater blows hot air in the cabin. If not that could indicate bad thermostat

Thoughts on the current Si? All youtube reviews I've seen have been positive.

Considering picking one up as my current car is soon approaching its end. Runs well, but any time there could be a major repair.

First choice is actually Integra Type S or FL5, but I don't think I can justify the price tag. Si would be a nice compromise for a sporty car that can still fit car seats lol.

SI is a solid car. Reliable, good gas mileage, well designed interior, and fun to drive.

Is it underpowered relative to the segment? I would say so. But do you really intend on using all that power? Most of the time, people are doing pedestrian driving which the SI is a good solve for. If you're looking for a car with a lots of horsepower for spirited driving, you might as well just save your money for a Type R or integra type s.

Boy if you dont do that Intergra conversion! Or are you holding on to it to sell it as you really don't see RSX's on the road anymore?

Yes - starting with a cool engine with the radiator cap removed. It can take a while for the car to get up to temp and for the coolant to start circulating

Just observe the coolant level and your temps as you go. If you see bubbles that means air is escaping. Depending on how long it's been you may just want to flush the entire system and proceed with the steps above

Also when up to temp check to see if your heater blows hot air in the cabin. If not that could indicate bad thermostat
I tried running the heater yesterday, and everything seemed fine while idling. When I got home, I checked the coolant reservoir after topping it off earlier, and it was super low again. I topped it off once more, but I’m not seeing any leaks. If this doesn’t resolve it, I’ll take it in for a full flush. I’ve never done one myself, but I assume they did it when I had the timing belt, pump, and tensioner replaced.

Boy if you dont do that Intergra conversion! Or are you holding on to it to sell it as you really don't see RSX's on the road anymore?

Yeah hate the idea of letting it go since it's stock and low miles. DC5s one of my favorites of all time

Picked it up cheap in like 2011-12. Always a second or third car though so not driven much

Just wish it had the black interior man :lol: Ik people do the swaps but I've never attempted something like that

I tried running the heater yesterday, and everything seemed fine while idling. When I got home, I checked the coolant reservoir after topping it off earlier, and it was super low again. I topped it off once more, but I’m not seeing any leaks. If this doesn’t resolve it, I’ll take it in for a full flush. I’ve never done one myself, but I assume they did it when I had the timing belt, pump, and tensioner replaced.

Was the pump something that was done recently? They may just not have bled the system properly

Hopefully that or a just a leak you're not noticing. Not sure if those engines were prone to head gaskets or not

As I mentioned, I topped it off again, and by the time I got home, the coolant was back below the minimum. However, this time the temperature stayed steady the whole drive. I’ve been idling in the Chick-fil-A line for about 10 minutes now, and everything seems fine. I plan to top it off again in the morning, but I’m starting to think I barely had any coolant to begin with, and the system is refilling itself every time I add more to the reservoir.

Linked up with a couple of friends in Honolulu…. beautiful LC’s
1729727592938.jpeg

So pissed right now. A deer jumped out on me at a curve on the highway and I hit it. It wasn't fully grown so thankfully my airbags didn't go off. Grill, front camera, radar sensors got knocked off cuz my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree with malfunction warnings.

Can't open my from passenger door fully. Headlight lens shattered and needs to be replaced and it's one of those led adaptive headlights so I know it will be pricey. Might need a new fender and hood but I'm hoping the body shop can salvage those parts.

1000010929.jpg

1000010905.jpg

So pissed right now. A deer jumped out on me at a curve on the highway and I hit it. It wasn't fully grown so thankfully my airbags didn't go off. Grill, front camera, radar sensors got knocked off cuz my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree with malfunction warnings.

Can't open my from passenger door fully. Headlight lens shattered and needs to be replaced and it's one of those led adaptive headlights so I know it will be pricey. Might need a new fender and hood but I'm hoping the body shop can salvage those parts.

1000010929.jpg

1000010905.jpg

Could have been a lot worse. Glad you are okay.

Sorry to hear that, glad your okay.

1000010929.jpg

1000010905.jpg
Damn broski, sorry to hear that. Most importantly thank God you're ok. A deer hit always has potential to end far worse than it did, you'll bounce back in no time 👍. Cars can be replaced, lives can't.

9D3A723B-36C1-41B7-9000-5206A50F7FAB.jpeg

We had tint talk recently - but thoughts on a 50% windshield?

Never had ws tint before but the contrast of the sides vs windshield on this car bugs me. I'd also like to better protect the wood and leather trim

50% is the darkest I'd consider I just don't want any visibility issues. There are 70% films specifically for windshields but those seem practically clear

Don't get me started on the front license plate bracket :smh:

1000010929.jpg

1000010905.jpg
Whats up with the bad juju? I just got into an accident with an elderly woman. I hit both the front and back of her driver’s side. She was apparently stopped, waiting to make a left turn, while I was preparing to make a left into her lane. Due to the blinding sun around 8:00 a.m., visibility was significantly limited, and I didn’t see her until the moment of the crash. She made a heartbreaking comment about her life being over, which left me feeling deeply upset. Her words have stuck with me, and I can’t help but feel terrible about the situation.

Whats up with the bad juju? I just got into an accident with an elderly woman. I hit both the front and back of her driver’s side. She was apparently stopped, waiting to make a left turn, while I was preparing to make a left into her lane. Due to the blinding sun around 8:00 a.m., visibility was significantly limited, and I didn’t see her until the moment of the crash. She made a heartbreaking comment about her life being over, which left me feeling deeply upset. Her words have stuck with me, and I can’t help but feel terrible about the situation.
Damn bro. Hope everyone is ok

9D3A723B-36C1-41B7-9000-5206A50F7FAB.jpeg

We had tint talk recently - but thoughts on a 50% windshield?

Never had ws tint before but the contrast of the sides vs windshield on this car bugs me. I'd also like to better protect the wood and leather trim

50% is the darkest I'd consider I just don't want any visibility issues. There are 70% films specifically for windshields but those seem practically clear

Don't get me started on the front license plate bracket :smh:
Is the paint dark blue?

I think it's the beige interior that's making the windshield stand out

Is the paint dark blue?

I think it's the beige interior that's making the windshield stand out

Yeah dark blue. Close to black in certain lighting

Agreed it's bc of the light interior. Which is also the reason I went 20 on the sides instead of 35

Contrast never bothered me on my cars with black interiors

Aloooohaaaaa :emoji_call_me:

Velocity the Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer is right across the street...the showroom has some pretty neat cars inside and they have a nice restaurant with good eating on the ground floor...super Bougie tho

no way i stayed right there. Missed it

So I was actually going to go with the Si instead as I think the sedan looks better than the hatchback. For the price tag, right at $30k, there isn't a better option from any other brand. It's got good power, a 6spd manual, and great looks inside and out. I've owned Civics my whole adult life and I have to say the 11th gen interior is easily the nicest.

My brother had 24 Si in red earlier this year, but sold it back in April to get a Morizo GR Corolla. I drove it and loved everything about it. Has a great sounding factory exhaust note.

Edit: Just realized we don't own any of those cars in that pic anymore. Si replaced by a 4Runner Pro, Tacoma replaced by the CTR, 4Runner SR5 replaced by a 4Runner TRD Off Road.

2d8acc76-5712-41cf-a6e8-2d81e74ebde5.jpeg
That's an awesome garage! thanks for the input!
lauk4kicks lauk4kicks

Its underpowered, the new Hybrid Civic is faster actually. Its fun to drive these “slow” cars fast though, you can atleast row through a few gears before hitting the next light or be at felony speeds lol. Also its high revving, and the shifters feel real good on em. Only knock besides power is it does feel a little cheap inside. Id look into a GTI as well.
Also considering the hybrid civic as well! its got more torque and would be good on gas (feels like a more responsible choice lol)
I want the Si for the manual transmission as I've always wanted to own a MT car. Need to practice how to drive it though and hesitant that I will hate or be annoyed by it in traffic (my friend taught me a long long time ago). I do love the mechanical feel and the control you have over the car with MT though. GTI would be a nice option too! (I wanted to buy my friend's MK6 GTI to see I could commit to owning a MT, but he didn't want to sell it to me cause of engine reliability issues after a certain mileage has been reached).

SI is a solid car. Reliable, good gas mileage, well designed interior, and fun to drive.

Is it underpowered relative to the segment? I would say so. But do you really intend on using all that power? Most of the time, people are doing pedestrian driving which the SI is a good solve for. If you're looking for a car with a lots of horsepower for spirited driving, you might as well just save your money for a Type R or integra type s.
200 hp will be more than what I have now lol and most of time driving will be to and from work. Weekends we take the family car lol.
Type S or FL5 would be a dream though for sure, but not sure if its worth the additional $10K and the dealer markup for myself since its only to and from work. Also, I'd feel awful driving them in the northern winter lol.

Have a 05 RSX-S still that's bone stock. Just don't love the color combo enough to put money into
Jade green metallic which I like but has the grey interior that's meh
RSX type S JDM conversion would be awesome!

Hopefully will have time this weekend to check out a dealership and get a feel for the Si and hybrid

Back
Top Bottom