\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah i'm really diggin the new gs. Hard to come outta pocket for that price when you can get the previous gen for 10 g's though. I'll wait till they come down a bit to look at them again.

how much do they go for now? sick car

you can find the oldest ones (2008) for around $35k. this is the last year for them though so the price might drop even more when the next gen is officially announced.

update: got my brakes flushed for $130. everything works fine now and they said there were no leaks whatsoever. i trust no mechanics from now on...easily could have spent $1100 had i not left that first shop :smh:

**** like that really makes it hard to trust anyone.

Last edited:
Yeah thats an LS. But the only problem with the IS right now, is they still feature that STUPIDLY outdated 2.5L v6 engine. the 3.5L in the is350 isnt as bad, but its still pretty old now. Although they did add the new 8 speed trans with it, I'd wait till they either refine the motors, or start turbocharging them.. but im sure lexus wouldnt go the whole turbo route (oil consumption/relability/smoothness)
Seen the new CTS V-Sport on the road
sick.gif

most beautiful car on the road right now

anyone have info if they are doing a supercharged v8? if they are just doing the turbo 6 or w/e then its such a let down. a big beautiful car like that should get a big v8
thought it used the same engine as the zr1? it was detuned or something. but for sure i know its a supercharged v8. 6.2L if i recall correctly..

im referring to the newly designed CTS

they only have shown the V-sport and some people have said they have no plans for a V8 so i dont know if i believe it. CTS is just a beautiful car all around, i hated the prvious one except for the V.

wish i had a good paying job, this is the only care i would buy on the spot without a big engine in it. everything else sucks IMO :lol:

still might try to get the SL at some point early next year. my friend knows i don't want this car anymore and said he'd be willing to buy it for a decent price once the new year hits.

i had my mom's hand me down benz for 5 years and never had any major problems with it. she had it for 6 years before that when she bought it new and never had any problems though. the e60 i bought has a new light like every other week though.

bought a used c63 and i've never had any problems with it.....well except for the ones i caused myself. put new, painted calipers on this past week and tried to flush out the old fluid. something still wasn't right and i just took it to the shop and they said the master cylinder and 3 of 4 brake lines are leaking because we used too much pressure. about to go get a second opinion, because i just got quoted $1017 for something i could have just paid $600 to get done right the first time :lol:

new wheels get here tomorrow so i was hoping to have everything ready by then. i will literally not mess with this car anymore once this whole ordeal is over.

30m6e5z.jpg

Sooooo dope bro.

Yeah thats an LS. But the only problem with the IS right now, is they still feature that STUPIDLY outdated 2.5L v6 engine. the 3.5L in the is350 isnt as bad, but its still pretty old now. Although they did add the new 8 speed trans with it, I'd wait till they either refine the motors, or start turbocharging them.. but im sure lexus wouldnt go the whole turbo route (oil consumption/relability/smoothness)
sick.gif

anyone have info if they are doing a supercharged v8? if they are just doing the turbo 6 or w/e then its such a let down. a big beautiful car like that should get a big v8
thought it used the same engine as the zr1? it was detuned or something. but for sure i know its a supercharged v8. 6.2L if i recall correctly..
yeah thats the only reason why i wouldn't get the 2014 one. They need to change that.. but still the C Class has a C250, there are G35s, 328is, A4 2.0's .... thats why they make the IS350, 335, g37, a4 3.0, c350.

i doubt they'll ever supercharge it. but im still dissapointed they didnt change the engine for the 3rd gen IS. Wish it was a IS300 and IS370 or something liek that...

waiting for that IS-F, or GS-F.

whats your guy's thoughts on e38's? im giving my truck to my brother and im thinking about gettin an older big body sedan to cruise in for a DD this fall. was thinking either a 01' 740i or possibly a 95-99 Lexus LS... need something thats fast, roomy and comfy.

does anyone know the name of wheels? ^

yeah thats the only reason why i wouldn't get the 2014 one. They need to change that.. but still the C Class has a C250, there are G35s, 328is, A4 2.0's .... thats why they make the IS350, 335, g37, a4 3.0, c350.

i doubt they'll ever supercharge it. but im still dissapointed they didnt change the engine for the 3rd gen IS. Wish it was a IS300 and IS370 or something liek that...

yeah but the c250 is turbocharged, the 328 is turbocharged, the a4 2.0 is turbocharged.. see where im going? and the g37 is just a bigger motor compared to its predecessor. all other companies are downsizing + forced induction.

whats your guy's thoughts on e38's? im giving my truck to my brother and im thinking about gettin an older big body sedan to cruise in for a DD this fall. was thinking either a 01' 740i or possibly a 95-99 Lexus LS... need something thats fast, roomy and comfy.

e38 is one of my fav bmws ever. 740i definately seems like a good choice. if you want more leg room, find yourself a 740iL. I'd stay away from the 750i with the v12s.. they arent very reliable motors. but the v8 4.4L in the 740 is definately a good choice. tons of power, and very smooth. i just love closing the doors on those older body bmws.. it sounds so solid. these newer bmws just arent the same.

That gen BMW is sick, straight James Bond mode. But to get it to look like that your gonna have to drop some dough. Those look like new 7 series wheels. 

Finally ordered my tires today, can wait to get this setup rockin 
pimp.gif

you can find the oldest ones (2008) for around $35k. this is the last year for them though so the price might drop even more when the next gen is officially announced.

update: got my brakes flushed for $130. everything works fine now and they said there were no leaks whatsoever. i trust no mechanics from now on...easily could have spent $1100 had i not left that first shop :smh:

**** like that really makes it hard to trust anyone.

Do these have a brake vacuum pump ? I had similar problems in the past with a BMW 3 series - turned out to be a slight leak in the brake vacuum pump. Worth checking out if you encounter further brake problems (wooden brakes)

still might try to get the SL at some point early next year. my friend knows i don't want this car anymore and said he'd be willing to buy it for a decent price once the new year hits.

i had my mom's hand me down benz for 5 years and never had any major problems with it. she had it for 6 years before that when she bought it new and never had any problems though. the e60 i bought has a new light like every other week though.

bought a used c63 and i've never had any problems with it.....well except for the ones i caused myself. put new, painted calipers on this past week and tried to flush out the old fluid. something still wasn't right and i just took it to the shop and they said the master cylinder and 3 of 4 brake lines are leaking because we used too much pressure. about to go get a second opinion, because i just got quoted $1017 for something i could have just paid $600 to get done right the first time :lol:

new wheels get here tomorrow so i was hoping to have everything ready by then. i will literally not mess with this car anymore once this whole ordeal is over.

30m6e5z.jpg

Love your ride bro. Looks sick
Are thinking sl amg?

Last edited:

My fam had one of those - 740iL, and it was nonstop problems. Beautiful car though. Through the years we had about four different Legends and four different LS400's, and needless to say those were way way way more reliable while still being pretty great cars. Id look into the 99 LS, I believe the last year of the 400 before they redesigned for the 430.

Those look like 06 750li Rims.

LS are raw too. See them alot at car shows modded. VIP

yeah but the c250 is turbocharged, the 328 is turbocharged, the a4 2.0 is turbocharged.. see where im going? and the g37 is just a bigger motor compared to its predecessor. all other companies are downsizing + forced induction.
328 is not turbocharged. The 335 is. 

Seen the new CTS V-Sport on the road :x

Very unlikely that we'll ever see a newbody SCV8 CTS.

For 2014 they overlapped bodystyles... GM offers both the new TTV6 and the 556hp SCV8 for 2014 model years but the SCV8 is only available in the old platform body. That fact combined with EPAs new MPG standards for 2015 is a pretty strong indicator GM has no plans of producing this new style with the SCV8.

Last edited:

Yes it is... In fact, every single engine BMW sells in USA is turbo charged...

For 2014 they overlapped bodystyles... GM offers both the new TTV6 and the 556hp SCV8 for 2014 model years but the SCV8 is only available in the old platform body. That fact combined with EPAs new MPG standards for 2015 is a pretty strong indicator GM has no plans of producing this new style with the SCV8.

There is going to be a CTS-V though... Will probably be a twin turbo 4.5 V8..

Look up style 95. They put these on all sorts of cars now, Lexus, Nissan, etc. They love the wideness x concave.

Yes it is... In fact, every single engine BMW sells in USA is turbo charged...
thanks to emperor obama....

sick.gif

they are gonna make it, da CTS V sport isn't replacing da supercharged CTS-V, i asked da representatives at da car show and its confirmed they

are making another one...

da v sport is there as a notch between da 3.6 and da supercharged LSA

they are gonna make it, da CTS V sport isn't replacing da supercharged CTS-V, i asked da representatives at da car show and its confirmed they

I've read its no longer gonna be the LSA... But the TT 4.5 V8 from the Elmiraj... Which may also be the new Z06 or ZR1 engine as well....

Last edited:
You would have regretted the SL500 if you had got that too. I had a CLK500 and had constant issues. Just this year I had to replace the alternator ($1000), battery($300), multiple control arms($2-300), both valve cover gaskets($600), power steering pump($1000), and had the check engine light come on a week ago for something else. That's not including regular maintenance like tires, brakes, oil, etc.

I also had a friend that bought an E55 with low miles. It had so many problems that he had to get rid of it at a loss quick. The engine blew and all types of crazyiness.

30m6e5z.jpg

:x :x :x :x :x

the black door handles are a SICK touch :pimp:

Last edited:

I've read its no longer gonna be the LSA... But the TT 4.5 V8 from the Elmiraj... Which may also be the new Z06 or ZR1 engine as well....

Good to know.... Dont know how I feel about using that in a Vette yet though

Just picked this up last week & have already started with a few minor additions. After letting go of the E70, I realized that I still needed a larger vehicle so I started looking into a Wrangler, 4Runner, etc. Toyota stated a couple of months ago that 2014 would be the last year for the FJ Cruiser & knowing that this model covers such a small, niche market, I made a quick trip to my local dealer more so as an inquiry. After letting the salesman know that I would be willing to drive it off the lot that day provided the price was right, he quickly drew-up an offer & I left with it. As of now, I definitely prefer the Predator step/nerf bars over the OEM sliders. I'm still looking for a bull bar that isn't too ostentatious as well as a few aesthetic add-ons, but other than that, I'm completely content with the overall look. I just sold my rims from the F30 with the intent of ordering a new set, but I think I'll have fun with this one for awhile...

Here's a shot from earlier today after coming from my buddy's shop. I'm having a few interior pieces like the dashboard cluster redone so that the bezels over the temperature, compass & inclinometer gauges are body matched, but I might just buy brushed aluminum bezels if I don't like the finished product...

Last edited:
^ :nthat: Very nice... Personally I like the FJ alot more than the 3

They maintain their value better than the Bimmer too. That car should run to 300k + with very few issues.

Back
Top Bottom