\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

20190119_180253.jpg

Steeda joint that be in my jobs parking lot every once in a blue moon.

7833B10A-1FFB-42DE-A8B4-3B525B13A79C.jpeg

Emptied the catch can last night.

How often yall changing air filters?

I got one of those expensive looking ones I wanna see how long I can use it for.

Just ran into a guy at the gas station who has the exact same car as mine, 2003 lexus gs300 sportdesign (only 3000 made I believe). Same color, same year. Pretty cool, what are the odds. Haha. He is thinking about selling it, if you are in the bay area and interested, let me know, I have his contact information. He said his has about 35k miles on it, so about half the miles as mine. :pimp:

This looks a million times better than what Toyota did. Damn.

MUCH better, it isn't the FT1 but I could get with this physical appearance. However the engine is still underpowered for a Supra, with cars pushing 700+ HP. Supra should of came with no less than 420/435 HP with a very tuner friendly engine. Not a huge fan of the big duck tail on either.

MUCH better, it isn't the FT1 but I could get with this physical appearance. However the engine is still underpowered for a Supra, with cars pushing 700+ HP. Supra should of came with no less than 420/435 HP with a very tuner friendly engine. Not a huge fan of the big duck tail on either.
Why? The TT A80 came with 320hp from the factory, it just so happen to have one of the best engines in history. The new one actually has a pretty tunable(?) engine from BMW, and you know shops are gonna squeeze every single horse out that thing...

Why? The TT A80 came with 320hp from the factory, it just so happen to have one of the best engines in history. The new one actually has a pretty tunable(?) engine from BMW, and you know shops are gonna squeeze every single horse out that thing...
320 HP is quite respectable however with the Supra badge comes higher expectations. I should not have to start so low on the hp climb with a new Supra. As someone said this should have been called a FT86 with a lower price tag.. BMW engine is not impressive when you realize the maintenance cost for a BMW engine. You buy Toyota for reliability, which is lost when you throw BMW into the mix.

Also 320 on a MK4 yet we are only getting 355 in the new Supra, 35 HP gain since 2002.

Lol that's why I said sell it as the new GT86. They're also releasing a 4 cylinder version along side this. They could scrap the inline 6 all together and rebadge the 4 cylinder as the new GT86. People wouldn't be so up in arms.

Another render

Digg this more than the white one rendered. Looks like its own car and not a rip from the previous model

320 HP is quite respectable however with the Supra badge comes higher expectations. I should not have to start so low on the hp climb with a new Supra. As someone said this should have been called a FT86 with a lower price tag.. BMW engine is not impressive when you realize the maintenance cost for a BMW engine. You buy Toyota for reliability, which is lost when you throw BMW into the mix.

Also 320 on a MK4 yet we are only getting 355 in the new Supra, 35 HP gain since 2002.
A lot of people have said that Toyota would've lost money building a 3jz, because of how many Supra's they'd sell. It's a niche car. But Im not sure if they could've rebuilt the 2jz and sold it at 450hp stock. Either way the fans would've found something to complain about. There's no way Toyota can give the world a 500hp car under $40k, as much as that's what we want.

I think the price is fair based on inflation. There's just so much competition now that it seems so weak for the price.

A lot of people have said that Toyota would've lost money building a 3jz, because of how many Supra's they'd sell. It's a niche car. But Im not sure if they could've rebuilt the 2jz and sold it at 450hp stock. Either way the fans would've found something to complain about. There's no way Toyota can give the world a 500hp car under $40k, as much as that's what we want.

I think the price is fair based on inflation. There's just so much competition now that it seems so weak for the price.
500 would be nice but a 400/450 HP car for under 60 seems doable, obviously have different models that step up the power curve starting in the 380/390 HP for a base model. Personally I'm not tied to a possible 3JZ, however a Toyota engine researched and designed I would have been happier with.

485hp for 38995 from dodge.
no excuses.

Man I wish japan would do like they did in the golden era.

Basically sell econoboxes that could hit 400 hp to the wheels with basic bolt ons and run to 200k easy.

I understand it’s a different time now and everyone wants suvs but I still feel like they would kill it if they offered more beastly cars for under 40k. Subaru is basically the only one doing that right now and look how many wrx you see, they are everywhere.

Then they do stuff that has potential like the brz and kill it, would it really be that hard to slap a turbo or supercharger on it from the factory? Why is bmw and Mercedes making the motor for the Supra and new Z? Come on... the mk4 Supra and 300zx has some of the greatest engines of all time.

Good thing is importing is getting easier but parts are a pain. I used to have a fc rx7 in the early 2000s. So easy to work on but even then good luck finding a brake caliper or something basic.

Back
Top Bottom