\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Depends on how you’re planning to drive it.
Fun car to drive as a daily driver. I’ve had it for 3-4 years now. I race it often so I have mild mods on it. (Limitations on what can be done with the car)

They’re several issues to be aware of:

The terrible slow CUE system, unless you’re buying 2017+ . They replaced the old Cue system with a new one.

I have a 2014, had mine replaced twice. Lockup and very slow response.

Turbo rattling. 2017+ don’t have this issue as much but most people either had their turbos replace or wastegate solenoid replaced (easy fix).

Here’s a google document on more details of some issues:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UpYpg8PQFx0bALIQ-90ZHUhHe6gcC_XK

And of course the infamous Cadillac sunroof leakage issue. This is just something Cadillac can’t ever get right. It’s been around sense the release of the CTS model. Luckily I don’t like sunroofs. I believe the 2017+ doesn’t have that issue so far.

I would avoid 14-15 models. It’s a 50/50 with those. Luckily I got a good one. :lol:

Also, see it that you get the premium trim so you can get the digital dash. It’s amazing. You can control the whole car from there.

The adaptive cruise control is worth it solely on the car.

The Vsport braking system is ranking top tier for its sedan class. The handling and the magnetic suspensions is heaven on the road. Even with my car lowered, I hit sharp curves at 100mph+, and it’s consistent.
Thanks for the info.

The one I'm eyeing is indeed a 14. =\

They might have it incorrectly advertised in their ad as it's stated to be a "Premium" trim but it doesn't have the digital display. It has the standard display with the smaller screen under the speedometer. It looks so dated.

I love the styling of the car. Always have. Been wanting a CTS-V since the very first one came out but that moster is beyond my pay grade. And will continue to be for the foreseeable future. :lol:

The Vsport seems like a fun compromise.. I'm excited for the test drive.!

Anyway, thanks again for the reply. I'll keep all your points in mind when i go see it. :smile:

Thanks for the info.

The one I'm eyeing is indeed a 14. =\

They might have it incorrectly advertised in their ad as it's stated to be a "Premium" trim but it doesn't have the digital display. It has the standard display with the smaller screen under the speedometer. It looks so dated.

I love the styling of the car. Always have. Been wanting a CTS-V since the very first one came out but that moster is beyond my pay grade. And will continue to be for the foreseeable future. :lol:

The Vsport seems like a fun compromise.. I'm excited for the test drive.!

Anyway, thanks again for the reply. I'll keep all your points in mind when i go see it. :smile:

Even with the smaller display, you can still control a lot. Just make sure that you bring up those issues for the 2014 - turbos and cue screen.

Other than that enjoy.

I read that ZZP are releasing their tune, cia and downpipes.

Here’s a great FB group. A lot of owners are mechanics and Mechanical Engineers.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/974763435994990?view=info&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity

Before you purchase, see if you’re able to find the ATS-V. It should be close to price range of the CTS-Vsport. Basically the same setup, just better turbos, lighter and quicker. Test drive them. They’re super fun.

Took the FJ to the great smoky mountains a couple weeks back.

Attachments

• 5340F774-2EC2-4485-897B-16057A6289BC.jpeg
    5340F774-2EC2-4485-897B-16057A6289BC.jpeg
    731.1 KB · Views: 11
  • B0CFC0B7-34A0-4661-8931-A509FF0B8642.jpeg
    B0CFC0B7-34A0-4661-8931-A509FF0B8642.jpeg
    656.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 05E7CB34-8191-40EE-86D7-7E4C70AAA164.jpeg
    05E7CB34-8191-40EE-86D7-7E4C70AAA164.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 10
Dealer almost tried to deny a third water pump repair attempt under warranty lol I’m having another leak from a coolant line which is a lot more obvious so I knew I’d just get into a back and forth with them and left the dealer to fix the line ASAP.

This is the only problem I have with the new Mazda 3 it’s that weird shape they went with on the hatch. Almost like they extended the back by another foot. Would’ve been perfect if they just updated the old shape with the new features.
70853379-F2DF-4110-9048-F95F5C2BDC1B.jpeg
49A47E11-7409-41E2-94E9-04CE6FF07383.jpeg

Yeah that rear is kind of odd looking. Looks like blind spots/visibility would be serious

How can i respect dudes opinion when he calls a Mustang a muscle car when it is clearly marketed as a pony car.

An engine that was designed to sound European is the best muscle car???

Muscle cars are all about chop and V8 burble.

This is the only problem I have with the new Mazda 3 it’s that weird shape they went with on the hatch. Almost like they extended the back by another foot. Would’ve been perfect if they just updated the old shape with the new features.
70853379-F2DF-4110-9048-F95F5C2BDC1B.jpeg
49A47E11-7409-41E2-94E9-04CE6FF07383.jpeg

Adding my Civic Hatch for comparison.

0B4F1371-8D17-4408-A951-0327618A89B3.jpeg

Def prefer the Civic more exterior wise, hands down Mazda got the interior.

EDIT

Mazda 3 got AWD too? Hands down the better car. If I could do it over, id take the M3.

How can i respect dudes opinion when he calls a Mustang a muscle car when it is clearly marketed as a pony car.

An engine that was designed to sound European is the best muscle car???

Muscle cars are all about chop and V8 burble.
Technically the original challenger was dodges answer to the mustang so you could even say the challenger is a pony car. I’d say the more true muscle car has always been the charger. But really there isn’t a definition to what a muscle car is. To some people it’s pretty much any American car with a v8 that’s fast.
Edit: looks like people do consider the challenger a pony car.
6E08BA8C-382C-4BF2-BE52-891B11C4E6D6.jpeg

Adding my Civic Hatch for comparison.

0B4F1371-8D17-4408-A951-0327618A89B3.jpeg

Def prefer the Civic more exterior wise, hands down Mazda got the interior.

EDIT

Mazda 3 got AWD too? Hands down the better car. If I could do it over, id take the M3.
Yeah Mazda had a good thing going with that interior but idk about that exterior id probably go with the sedan

Sonoma Speed Festival was pretty incredible. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cars, that you'll almost never see aside from a trip to certain museums, being pushed hard on track. What an experience

Back
Top Bottom