\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Does Chevy have the balls to drop a Jeep SRT competitor or is it going to be a snailblazer like of old?
theyre all in different classes
Equinox is small suv/cuv with 4cyl
Blazer is midsize crossover with v6 and sporty
Traverse is family size large crossover 3 row with v6(i wish it came with the 5.3 v8 optional)

pricing overlaps which is dumb but GM overprices their cars/trucks because they know rebates/discounts put them in a position to still make ptofits

no Chevy sadly. but they need a new SS truck but they will never do it, esp after how the older SRT8 GC killed the TrailBlazer SS
Both trucks are great options. No other SUVs can compete especially with the aftermarket support and for the price range.
In stock form the wk1 is superior over the tbss.
Neither are perfect both have issues in stock form
But when you really break down the vehicles and the capabilities of them I say the trailblazer is the better buy and superior platform. Looks are subjective. And I am biased
IMG_2250(1).jpg

Both trucks are great options. No other SUVs can compete especially with the aftermarket support and for the price range.
In stock form the wk1 is superior over the tbss.
Neither are perfect both have issues in stock form
But when you really break down the vehicles and the capabilities of them I say the trailblazer is the better buy and superior platform. Looks are subjective. And I am biased
IMG_2250(1).jpg
I've owned both, and I loved both of them. But if I had to pick, it would be the Jeep SRT8 over the TBSS (which is what I have now). Like you said, the Jeep offers better performance stock. It also doesn't have the transmission issues that the TBSS is plagued with. With that being said, TBSS' do tend to be a fair bit cheaper, can tow more, and there is more aftermarket support for the LS platform. So it really comes down to what you want to do with it, and which one you like better looks wise. They're both badass though :smokin

20180830_165021.jpg

Went to the dealer to get an oil change and my last free maintenance (about to hit 60k) the other day. Been noticing recently when I go over bumps or certain turns I hear noises. They said it was the sway bar or sway bar bushings (I don’t remember) and said it would be $410 to fix including everything. I know they jerk you over there so what’s a good realistic price I should be expecting to pay somewhere else?

Google says this

ABCD0EB7-F2BB-4BA6-8DBC-C52373473FF6.png

bruh. do not pay that much.
u have a toyota its probably not even a swaybar. sway bars rearly ever go bad.
find an independent mechanic on yelp or even on instagram if you find a "motorsports" shop they will gladly work on your rav4.

Went to the dealer to get an oil change and my last free maintenance (about to hit 60k) the other day. Been noticing recently when I go over bumps or certain turns I hear noises. They said it was the sway bar or sway bar bushings (I don’t remember) and said it would be $410 to fix including everything. I know they jerk you over there so what’s a good realistic price I should be expecting to pay somewhere else?

Google says this

ABCD0EB7-F2BB-4BA6-8DBC-C52373473FF6.png
Put the palms of your hands (with the window down) on the upper portion of the door. Push against the car to make it rock back and forth, you’ll hear that sort of clicking noise. It’s a sway bar end link and usually it’s super easy to replace.

Depends on what you're looking for. I used to own a '94 Miata with suspension upgrades. It was a dog in a straight line but handling was so much fun. I felt like I could make the car do anything (except accelerate at highway speeds). Borrowed a friend's S2k for a month. Fit and finish were much better than the Miata. It was civil around town but turned into a different beast when wrung out.

Bruh the handling on the chally sucks man.

No confidence when I'm on a bend and accelerating and if the road is not perfectly smooth it just throws my confidence out the window.

I feel like I need coils but will that make a substantial improvement?or should I just save that for a build?

Bruh the handling on the chally sucks man.

No confidence when I'm on a bend and accelerating and if the road is not perfectly smooth it just throws my confidence out the window.

I feel like I need coils but will that make a substantial improvement?or should I just save that for a build?

What type of Challenger do you have? Check your alignment and try running a tire with a stiffer sidewall.

After driving in the rain with my car the other night, it’s time to upgrade tires , if I floor it I was fishtailing all over the place. Felt like I was in a drift car. Guess it’s time to spend that 1k for those pilot super sports. Which I was trying to be cheap to never have to do.

After driving in the rain with my car the other night, it’s time to upgrade tires , if I floor it I was fishtailing all over the place. Felt like I was in a drift car. Guess it’s time to spend that 1k for those pilot super sports. Which I was trying to be cheap to never have to do.
What are you driving again? Spend $500 and get the back ones replaced. SMILE.

I've owned both, and I loved both of them. But if I had to pick, it would be the Jeep SRT8 over the TBSS (which is what I have now). Like you said, the Jeep offers better performance stock. It also doesn't have the transmission issues that the TBSS is plagued with. With that being said, TBSS' do tend to be a fair bit cheaper, can tow more, and there is more aftermarket support for the LS platform. So it really comes down to what you want to do with it, and which one you like better looks wise. They're both badass though :smokin

20180830_165021.jpg
Truck sitting nice af.
I completely agree GM is notorious for their crappy (auto) transmissions in the late 90s and early 2000s. A 4l80e and a oil pickup tube swap and the truck is bulletproof ready to make 6-700hp
Scat pack.
It's not the tires the car just does not handle bumps well at all.

I actually think coils should improve it
What you expect? The car is designed to go straight a quarter mile at a time not turn on a dime. Coilovers would forsure help along with some sway bars. Just make sure you go with the right spring rate. I believe they are solid axel cars so it will always be unstable at high speeds on bumpy roads

Scat pack.
It's not the tires the car just does not handle bumps well at all.

I actually think coils should improve it

I have lowering springs which I think is what the issue is.

It's possible that your current dampeners aren't working well with the lowering springs. Safe to assume that you had the car aligned after the spring installation too? Next suggestion would be to check bushings, end links, etc... Find it a bit hard that a newer Challenger like yours would be impacted by bump steer and/or feel disconnected on uneven surfaces.

Your tires OK? Decent tread, good brand?

Truck sitting nice af.
I completely agree GM is notorious for their crappy (auto) transmissions in the late 90s and early 2000s. A 4l80e and a oil pickup tube swap and the truck is bulletproof ready to make 6-700hp

What you expect? The car is designed to go straight a quarter mile at a time not turn on a dime. Coilovers would forsure help along with some sway bars. Just make sure you go with the right spring rate. I believe they are solid axel cars so it will always be unstable at high speeds on bumpy roads

It's IRS

It's possible that your current dampeners aren't working well with the lowering springs. Safe to assume that you had the car aligned after the spring installation too? Next suggestion would be to check bushings, end links, etc... Find it a bit hard that a newer Challenger like yours would be impacted by bump steer and/or feel disconnected on uneven surfaces.

Your tires OK? Decent tread, good brand?

Well I spent time in a friend's exotic which is why it's messing with my perception .

I'm expecting too much I feel.

Back
Top Bottom