\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thinking about changing my own brakes bc I don't wanna get slapped over the head by a mechanic but I've never done any work on my car before. I've been told it's pretty easy to change brake pads. Is that the case or am I gonna take my wheels off and be confused :lol:

Thinking about changing my own brakes bc I don't wanna get slapped over the head by a mechanic but I've never done any work on my car before. I've been told it's pretty easy to change brake pads. Is that the case or am I gonna take my wheels off and be confused :lol:

It's not that hard, as long as you have the right tools, you can do it yourself.

So just watch a YouTube video and I'm good?
yes sir

make sure u start in the morning ur first time can take all day

man one time I took my truck to a shop for brakes, even tho i would usually do it myself. then my dad is driving my truck and calls me saying the wheel locked up

i’m like WHAT

he’s like yeah the caliper/assembly came off and is jammed in the rim

those suckers didn’t tighten it and it could have been dangerous thankfully no one was hurt

Trying to pinpoint a issue, car randomly unstable at times with any bumpy road, especially if I do a hard pull. Only had car for 2 weeks but I do notice there’s two different brand tires on the car but doubt that could be the reason. They both summer tires , Bridgestone Re050A and extreme contact sport in the rear. Was randomly doing some spirit driving and car pushing me hard left or right on bumpy roads like it’s trying to auto correct my steering for me but 370Z don’t have no such features for that.

Trying to pinpoint a issue, car randomly unstable at times with any bumpy road, especially if I do a hard pull. Only had car for 2 weeks but I do notice there’s two different brand tires on the car but doubt that could be the reason. They both summer tires , Bridgestone Re050A and extreme contact sport in the rear. Was randomly doing some spirit driving and car pushing me hard left or right on bumpy roads like it’s trying to auto correct my steering for me but 370Z don’t have no such features for that.
What year.

Some cars require a special tool to compress the rear caliper piston (it’s sort of like a clamp with a key that spins the piston and pushes at the same time). FYI. You probably won’t be able to do it without it, but there could be some tricks out there idk about.

edit:this is it
8MILELAKE Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool 24pc Professional Disc Brake Caliper Tool Set Amazon product ASIN B0122Q83T4

damb.. finally broke my lip after having it for 1 year... :lol: idk what it hit on the freeway it looked like tumbleweed...

BD63D291-96C0-4F30-B0E0-258B47A76DA7.jpeg
A73141D5-94D4-4B6A-89E4-A757FAFB0CAE.jpeg
28CE9EB2-6A6E-470E-B076-BA7FA699C9AF.jpeg

Washed, quick detailed and covered

Is the car lowered at all? If the alignment is off, specifically the “toe” it will be unstable on bumpy roads. This happened after I lowered my mustang I felt it Would steer for me on bumps. I got a “bumpsteer kit” that fixed that though. If you’re not lowered just have them check alignment and your tie rods

Is the car lowered at all? If the alignment is off, specifically the “toe” it will be unstable on bumpy roads. This happened after I lowered my mustang I felt it Would steer for me on bumps. I got a “bumpsteer kit” that fixed that though. If you’re not lowered just have them check alignment and your tie rods
Thanks for info, and not lowered yet but i have an appointment today with pep boy so they gonna check the alignment and suspension for me, hopefully it’s not a big issue. If that don’t work I’ll look into a bumpsteer kit because I plan on ordering some lowering springs and wheel spacers today so for sure need to get this problem fix before all that comes in the mail.

Thanks for info, and not lowered yet but i have an appointment today with pep boy so they gonna check the alignment and suspension for me, hopefully it’s not a big issue. If that don’t work I’ll look into a bumpsteer kit because I plan on ordering some lowering springs and wheel spacers today so for sure need to get this problem fix before all that comes in the mail.
You cop another z? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom