\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Bought the AMG gt from a Porsche dealer about a month and a half ago. Got the oil changed at Mercedes this week and they inspected the car. Both rear wheels have small cracks and one front wheel is bent. I ordered new wheels already anyway and they finally come in Monday so it’s not a big deal. Obviously wish I had done a ppi before buying though, but since it was a Porsche dealer I figured they would have looked it over and there’d be no issues like this.

Gonna email Porsche today and see what they say. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll work something out, but I’m not optimistic.

Never trust any of these dealers 100% especially on the used market or CPO. Always PPI if it’s used and especially if you spending that much.

Never trust any of these dealers 100% especially on the used market or CPO. Always PPI if it’s used and especially if you spending that much.

Highly unlikely a franchise dealer is going to let you PPI a car.

But I do agree, CPO gives buyers a false sense of security and I have seen some GT3s that have been completely abused being sold CPO by the Porsche dealership.

With regards to PPI, I don't think it's always a must and sometimes you need to roll the dice if/when a deal comes up. Not saying you can't get burned, but I'll bought more cars sight unseen and without inspection than I have with a PPI, and ironically the only Porsche I ever had PPI'd turned out to be one of the worst cars I've ever owned (passed PPI with flying colours).

Barely fits...

20210108_133041.jpg

But I do agree, CPO gives buyers a false sense of security and I have seen some GT3s that have been completely abused being sold CPO by the Porsche dealership.

With regards to PPI, I don't think it's always a must and sometimes you need to roll the dice if/when a deal comes up. Not saying you can't get burned, but I'll bought more cars sight unseen and without inspection than I have with a PPI, and ironically the only Porsche I ever had PPI'd turned out to be one of the worst cars I've ever owned (passed PPI with flying colours).

I’ve def seen some cars that are CPO that shouldn’t be.I think CPO is nice because it at the very least guarantees that the car has decent tires and brakes done and a reliable warranty from the manufacturer. When I got my car across the country sight unseen, I had Porsche do a CPO inspection on it and it was relatively thorough for the mechanical bits. Then for the visual aspect I used https://lemonsquad.com/ they sent me 200 photos with a lot of minor details as well as a detailed write up. I spent around 800 for both the Porsche CPO inspection and the lemon squad inspection but well worth it if seeing the car in person isn’t an option.

Bought it from my aunt years ago for next to nothing... no work done on it other than the 3k I wasted on the stereo. Gonna work 9n a complete restoration in the coming years but it's in pretty good shape for a 72.

Your right on everything.Actually thinking about it now sometimes you really do gotta roll the dice cuz if you try and PPI on something rare or a crazy discount you’ll miss out on the deal cuz someone else scoops it up without PPI.

E9523B3D-9706-420F-AE09-A23F54FC048C.jpeg

this is what I got from the dealer CPO inspection for 550 bucks, if taking it to an Indy isn’t an option.

Then I paid a third party company to go there and inspect the car. They sent me a 107 page PDF containing 200+ photos, paint measurements and write up of the inspection. This cost me 230. The Lemon Squad report was very meticulous and essentially the main reason I felt comfortable buying a car 2000 miles away sight unseen. Can’t recommend them enough.

AFB55FEC-238D-4DAF-B03B-C2BF63E62ACD.png

That’s a very extensive ppi. I’ve had them done on a few cars and definitely recommend it, especially if you can’t see the car in person.

Back
Top Bottom