\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

under 150k

i want fun

For under 150k you can buy a Porsche 996 Turbo and an E46 M3...You will have two insanely fun, capable cars that are also somewhat practical. And these cars are only going to go up in value...If you hold them for a few years you won't lose money, 5-10 years+ you will see the prices of these much higher. Unlike if you bought some expensive new car which will only depreciate in value. Not to mention the driving feel of a 996 and E46 M3...Much more "fun" than driving a new car IMO.

For under 150k you can buy a Porsche 996 Turbo and an E46 M3...You will have two insanely fun, capable cars that are also somewhat practical. And these cars are only going to go up in value...If you hold them for a few years you won't lose money, 5-10 years+ you will see the prices of these much higher. Unlike if you bought some expensive new car which will only depreciate in value. Not to mention the driving feel of a 996 and E46 M3...Much more "fun" than driving a new car IMO.

Im starting to appreciate those 996’s more. I thought they were hideous at first, common notion, but they arent that bad. 996 GT is something else too.

Im starting to appreciate those 996’s more. I thought they were hideous at first, common notion, but they arent that bad. 996 GT is something else too.

Yeah man especially the later models. Lights aren’t bad on them.

Cannot go wrong with a 911.

996 aren't bad. Just can't get over the headlight shape. Don't know what Porsche were thinking when they approved the design :smh:

Yeah a lot of people are slowly coming around to appreciating the 996. I never really got the headlight hate (which seemed to be the most common criticism)...I actually think that the fried egg style headlight looks better than everything after it...

Proportions on the 996 were just right...Later gen Porsche have a very cartoony and weird look to them, I just can't get down with it.

Ugh!!! 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Thank you for letting me know. I hadn't checked my daily BAT email. The most beautiful color Lamborghini ever!! Way different in person vs photos. Such a stunner. Even the Autoart 1:18 scale model of this is worth big bucks (and I got one NIB). Always said, in a perfect fantasy world, I would have a new Ford GT allocation, and THIS would be the color I would choose. Extended Color Palette Verde Artemis. 🤤🤤 Would be an AMAZING one-off Ford GT.

Thank you again!! This is gonna be a record for an Anniversary. Should come close to $500K. Here are the photos I took many years ago at F.C. Kerbeck in Jersey when they had a new one for sale (November 2003), then at the Philly Auto Show in January 2004 and at La Bella Macchina D'Italia, the Italian car show at Skytop Lodge in Pocono, Pa.

PXL_20220421_154746024.jpg
PXL_20220421_154805124.jpg
PXL_20220421_154834474.jpg
PXL_20220421_154920987.jpg

Was one of the best Italian car shows outside of California. Shame it doesn't happen anymore.

Ah man nice, I assumed you had already seen it on BAT but thought to post it just in case haha.

Those are some epic pics, looks like a crazy turnout...The color of the Artemis def looks different in every pic, really wish I could see it in person one day. And agreed, would look epic on a Ford GT.

Any details on that red and white striped Diablo? That is wild. 05fordgt 05fordgt

And what colors are the 2nd and 3rd Murciealgo? Can't tell if that 3rd one is Verde Draco or Grigio.

I'm sorry, but this is just bleeping stupid! 🤬🤬

That car is not worth anywhere near that value!
its crazy what bring a trailer has done to the value of many cars that used to be attainable for fairly reasonable money:

993 911
supra
integra type r
s2000 cr
nsx

BAT has definitely elevated the values of nuanced cars, but at the same time I am starting to see a lot of bogus results. Lots of blatantly obvious shill bidding, things of that nature going on.

Since BAT has essentially become a de-facto price guide, if you own a similar model of a certain collector car, why not overbid like crazy and "win" an auction? At worst, you're out the maximum $5k buyer fee (which you can file a chargeback and get back with relative ease), and suddenly the value of your car has increased by $x amount. Shady as hell, but the car business has always been shady.

I'll never sell a car on BAT, nor will I ever purchase one on there.

BAT has definitely elevated the values of nuanced cars, but at the same time I am starting to see a lot of bogus results. Lots of blatantly obvious shill bidding, things of that nature going on.

Since BAT has essentially become a de-facto price guide, if you own a similar model of a certain collector car, why not overbid like crazy and "win" an auction? At worst, you're out the maximum $5k buyer fee (which you can file a chargeback and get back with relative ease), and suddenly the value of your car has increased by $x amount. Shady as hell, but the car business has always been shady.

I'll never sell a car on BAT, nor will I ever purchase one on there.

Unfortunately shill bidding is something you will likely deal with on almost every auction type site.

I can understand not buying a car on BAT, but why wouldn't you sell there? Huge audience, not many fees for sellers, and for the most part cars sell for more there. As long as you are willing to entertain a lot of questions from buyers and internet car gurus for a few days, IMO selling on BaT is a no brainer, especially if you have a slightly unique car in a desirable spec.

Gentlemen. Wife is not pleased with how the BMW purchase/sales process has gone. We ordered 2/25 and our guy has basically brushed us aside. I can do a whole other post on salesmanship but I digress.

Should we consider - like really - the Tesla M3? I do like their charging network and although no tax credit, they’re pretty comparable pricing wise.

Gentlemen. Wife is not pleased with how the BMW purchase/sales process has gone. We ordered 2/25 and our guy has basically brushed us aside. I can do a whole other post on salesmanship but I digress.

Should we consider - like really - the Tesla M3? I do like their charging network and although no tax credit, they’re pretty comparable pricing wise.
what did you order? what point in production is it at, can you track it in myBMW?

I was about to trade the AMG GTS in for a gtc. Slept on it and was like…you know what? I still wouldn’t be truly happy with that so now I’m about to trade it in for an amg gtr instead. Talked them down to $153k.

Gonna go swing by Audi and look at a v10 r8 and a 992 c4s tomorrow to see if either of them would make me change my mind. I doubt it’ll happen though, but anything else around $150k I should consider?

I was about to trade the AMG GTS in for a gtc. Slept on it and was like…you know what? I still wouldn’t be truly happy with that so now I’m about to trade it in for an amg gtr instead. Talked them down to $153k.

Gonna go swing by Audi and look at a v10 r8 and a 992 c4s tomorrow to see if either of them would make me change my mind. I doubt it’ll happen though, but anything else around $150k I should consider?

992 gets my vote for sure. R8 the biggest headturner though, you can get a V10 for around $150? Im assuming this is used then?

Interior of the 992 >

Back
Top Bottom