\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

what did you order? what point in production is it at, can you track it in myBMW?
We ordered i40 sport package - davit gray etc. that’s the thing - have zero clue where we are with anything. Rep told me over a month ago slated for April production. Haven’t seen anything or gotten anything, it’s turning us off big time.

I was about to trade the AMG GTS in for a gtc. Slept on it and was like…you know what? I still wouldn’t be truly happy with that so now I’m about to trade it in for an amg gtr instead. Talked them down to $153k.

Gonna go swing by Audi and look at a v10 r8 and a 992 c4s tomorrow to see if either of them would make me change my mind. I doubt it’ll happen though, but anything else around $150k I should consider?
The American option would be a viper, I think you’re on the right track with a 992 and gtr. I love the R8 but I think if you’re looking for a “ fun “ car it’s heavier than the other two options and you’ll notice it

A friend of mine went from a ‘16 GT-S to a 2018 M5 and now a 992 C2S. Couldn’t be happier. I ask him all the time if he preferred the AMG and he says not at all. 150 is a fair deal for a C4S in todays market, that’s about MSRP.

R8 is probably the right answer here because it will be discontinued shortly and value retention is likely there. I would just get one with some miles and throw a TT on it.

A3F9DC6B-1914-47A8-8877-987E06A738A1.jpeg

My buddy copped a mint prelude on Washington for 5k. Drove it to mn put it on BAT and sold it for 20k. :lol:
Don't come in here talking about a Prelude and not having some pictures. LOL I have a Prelude and would love to see some pics of it.
Gentlemen. Wife is not pleased with how the BMW purchase/sales process has gone. We ordered 2/25 and our guy has basically brushed us aside. I can do a whole other post on salesmanship but I digress.

Should we consider - like really - the Tesla M3? I do like their charging network and although no tax credit, they’re pretty comparable pricing wise.
If you aren't happy with the process talk to a manager or just leave. We have, you have to many car options. Another dealer or another car.

Awd Electric corvette coming soon.
I have alot of mixed feelings..... mostly negative

You have to face facts and realize that this (Hybridization & full EV) happening to the Corvette (among other cars) is an inevitable fact. I got no problem with it as it will probably look crazy and be fast as bleep. Heck, the sounds the Evija that Lotus is making is ridiculous. Sounds like a space ship when accelerating. Ignoring it hoping it will not happen won't make it so. It is what it is.

Find a qtip that will fit through the holes and clean em one by one.
LMAOOO laughed too hard at this
I was about to trade the AMG GTS in for a gtc. Slept on it and was like…you know what? I still wouldn’t be truly happy with that so now I’m about to trade it in for an amg gtr instead. Talked them down to $153k.

Gonna go swing by Audi and look at a v10 r8 and a 992 c4s tomorrow to see if either of them would make me change my mind. I doubt it’ll happen though, but anything else around $150k I should consider?

amg gtr's are nice!!

have you driven the r8?

you will definitely miss the brunt force of the amg v8 if you with the r8 but it handles pretty beautifully tbh and motor sounds great behind ur head

What do you guys use to clean leather seats? I hate the shiny stuff. Someone told me a little baby shampoo in water is fine

Don't come in here talking about a Prelude and not having some pictures. LOL I have a Prelude and would love to see some pics of it.

If you aren't happy with the process talk to a manager or just leave. We have, you have to many car options. Another dealer or another car.
:lol: I never even saw it becasue it sold so fast.

We ordered i40 sport package - davit gray etc. that’s the thing - have zero clue where we are with anything. Rep told me over a month ago slated for April production. Haven’t seen anything or gotten anything, it’s turning us off big time.
If youre looking for order updates/transparency, Tesla will likely be a step in the wrong direction

Cant recommend the cars enough, but that aspect is simply not their strong point

What do you guys use to clean leather seats? I hate the shiny stuff. Someone told me a little baby shampoo in water is fine

Chemical Guys leather cleaner...It's very neutral and doesn't leave your seats with that sticky/shiny look. It was on sale for like $2.99 at Amazon a while back.

I use that with a horsehair brush and give it a quick wipe down, then I use their leather conditioner on top.

Before and after. I dunno why the color looks completely different lmao but you get the idea.

1650913981214.png

7BFB1034-3043-487E-8216-CB47E2961F4A.jpeg

Last edited:
Chemical Guys leather cleaner...It's very neutral and doesn't leave your seats with that sticky/shiny look. It was on sale for like $2.99 at Amazon a while back.

I use that with a horsehair brush and give it a quick wipe down, then I use their leather conditioner on top.

Before and after. I dunno why the color looks completely different lmao but you get the idea.

1650913981214.png

7BFB1034-3043-487E-8216-CB47E2961F4A.jpeg
Could it be different lighting cause the different color in the pics? Natural light versus fluorescent lights.

Chemical guys is legit. Cleaned our interior on the MDX before selling it in January and was a believer afterwards.

Finally got a call back from my BMW sales guy. It's hilarious that I'm buying a damn near $70,000 car but treated like a non client. If I treated my clients like this, I'd have no work.

Production slated for May - target delivery July/August.

We'll test drive the Tesla 3M for comparison sake....It's not that I need absolute transparency, but when I'm building a damn car it'd be nice to have some touchpoints. On a DTC model like Tesla, I'm less worried on that aspect since their process is likely more refined (in terms of production/assembly/take delivery).

Spoke to my clients husband that is a GM @ Ferrari.

I was offered a Roma build @ MSRP or a 296 GTB @ MSRP.

Both are 2-3 year wait times.

296 to me is a bit expensive. Roma is a great price, and he’s really pushing me in this direction, and he is going to loan me one for a day. He’s also offered to give me first dibs on trades for 488/F8 before they go into Ferrari certification so I may be able to nab a deal.

He told me apparently 60% of their sales are open end lease, which I found quite surprising.

Adding a gt3 to the list of cars to check out. I feel like if it’s not a 992 at this point though, I wouldn’t even want it. Obviously a 992 gt3 is out of the question though.

Chemical guys is legit. Cleaned our interior on the MDX before selling it in January and was a believer afterwards.

Finally got a call back from my BMW sales guy. It's hilarious that I'm buying a damn near $70,000 car but treated like a non client. If I treated my clients like this, I'd have no work.

Production slated for May - target delivery July/August.

We'll test drive the Tesla 3M for comparison sake....It's not that I need absolute transparency, but when I'm building a damn car it'd be nice to have some touchpoints. On a DTC model like Tesla, I'm less worried on that aspect since their process is likely more refined (in terms of production/assembly/take delivery).
You should see it in mybmw if the order has been entered (I can’t remember all the diff statuses). Do you know if it has even been submitted? You could still be on a wait list, but if you have a build week assigned you are good. I have a good ca who kept me up to date but generally he didn’t know more than I did by checking the app. You can get more specific details about status and such over on bimmerforums fyi.

Look into neuspeed. I like mine, oem fit. No hub rings and lug nuts to worry about which I like because I swap to stock in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom