\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Terrible reflection cause I recorded it off my dash cam, but I came within inches on hitting a mf UPS truck yesterday:
484493A3-5B3E-4867-AF41-19914191023A.png

Love this thing, should've bought one sooner.

Kind of glad I waited, tho, because I love this lime green :lol:
It’s a nice color if you like bright.

I prefer darker colors and think I’ll always get my Tacomas in the Magnetic Grey Metallic

It’s been an interesting gestation regarding BMW-and really, a lot of the luxury legacy automakers not named Mercedes:

China is BMWs biggest market. The sedan segment is dying outside of it. BMW isn’t interested in keeping a Sedan market in Europe that is dying, and the brand is trying to maximise is growth in China instead.

Audis customer data from mainland China led it to slap on the oversized grill on the C6-Audi as an at the time was a ‘challenger’ brand to the other German legacy luxury automakers saw an opportunity.

Fast forward to then FCAs China data driven Jeep Cherokee:

A8F03573-5805-47A0-87E9-7180ABA53EFC.jpeg

Even though this isn’t my favorite design to put it lightly (there are some mathematical issues with surface transitions that I can’t ignore when I look at it) the same conclusions are evident: large grille, smaller headlights/larger emphasis on fog lights, two tone color and trim.

Another ball to juggle: the BMW group is investing heavily in new EV battery technology. Sharing headlight module locations/wiring can be a HUGE cost savings-even between chassis sets. So lighting and cooling locations are very similar between the 7 and RR models-which isn’t exactly in line with the rest of the worlds expectation of BMW styling-but again, China is different.

As a note stylists have varying levels of leading input in design directions. BMW in particular is very data/engineering driven, (the ‘Bangle’ raised trunk was all about aerodynamics) and designers have to work around those parameters. (Advanced studios, have a bit more leway)

Last edited:
So during my search for my sons first car he has been driving my wife’s S7……..I’m really starting to second guess the original budget I had in mine lol. He’s not horrible but not confidence inspiring. On the other hand I don’t want to get home something very cheap were I have to worry about it breaking down to or from tournaments.

personally if i had a kid i'd get them something big
that way if him and his friends go somewhere i would want him to always drive
and usually bigger means safer

Reminds me of all the tiny soccer moms driving escalades with the driver seat moved all the way forward to the steering column :lol:

Personally I like smaller cars. More nimble and agile if you gotta make a quick maneuver.
Nimble is great on an autocross track but on the streets where a 3 ton SUV can barrel into you at a stop light size is where it’s at. That nimble will only make for less pieces to pick up at the accident scene.

So during my search for my sons first car he has been driving my wife’s S7……..I’m really starting to second guess the original budget I had in mine lol. He’s not horrible but not confidence inspiring. On the other hand I don’t want to get home something very cheap were I have to worry about it breaking down to or from tournaments.

Ford Fusion. Safe, reliable, and plentiful. Easy to maintain and they aren't as pricey as Hondas or Toyotas right for used.

Back
Top Bottom