\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thank yall for the suggestions. I might be on the way permanently by the end of fall. San diego and la seem to be extremely busy but again i didnt have enough time to explore too much.

Angeles Crest and Ortega Highway (outside of commuting hours) I've found to be less busy.

Saw two new-ish Supras parked next to each other at a burrito spot with parachutes installed on the back. Am I out of line, or is that the corniest thing anyone could ever do with their car? Even had a little license plate holder at the bottom.

IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1346.jpg
IMG_1353.jpg
PXL_20230325_220401810.PORTRAIT_Original.jpg

Bought my wife her dream car for her 40th the other day. Came out super clean. Gonna be fun having one of these in the summer.

This thing really blows my mind. AMAZING comfort, and ride quality. Not the biggest fan of the exterior, but black makes it better. I also get lots of looks while driving. Need tint ASAP, but not sure how crazy I should go since it's a lease.

Fingerprint driver recognition, massaging seats, pillow headrests. Just needs a better AUTOPILOT. Now I know that anyone who says Distronic Plus is the same thing as what tesla offers is just another sheep. Subpar doesn't even begin to describe.

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4144.jpeg

Last edited:
Either way they’re ripping the tints off when the lease is up so get what you want.

I usually spend around 1k for tint (XPEL XR Plus) on my last 5 cars.

I just figured this time I should cheap out since it ain’t my car. But I still want ceramic, anyone recommend any more budget friendly brands?

Am I the only one that doesnt like that steering wheel design. Thats the new wheel for alot of MB models right? It reminds me of a ghost (arms, body, the Mercedes symbol would be where the head is) or a penguin with its arms out. :lol:

Im not high I swear.

I usually spend around 1k for tint (XPEL XR Plus) on my last 5 cars.

I just figured this time I should cheap out since it ain’t my car. But I still want ceramic, anyone recommend any more budget friendly brands?
Does ceramic really make a difference? Always stuck with carbon tint.

Yeah $500 on ceramic sounds about right. Ceramic has better heat cut and lasts longer without bubbling. But truthfully if u get the right tinter. Any tint can last long without bubbling.

If I'm spending money on an exotic, it's gotta be in a bright color. Can't be blending in with Altimas and Camrys.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a sucker for bright colors on exotics….but that car doesn’t blend in with 99% of any other black vehicles out there.

Whip like that is a black panther amongst the hogs.

Anyone ever buy a G-Wagon new from MB dealer? What is process? Trying to talk my wife into one for her. I understand there is some wait.

Forget the wait. What’s dealer markup on them these days. Used to be like 40k markup in SoCal.

I’m seeing G63s 25k over for combos like black Magno over red, white/black etc etc.

Anything exclusive like sand, China blue, Arabian grey still 30 over.

G550 is MSRP or 5 over.

And regarding tint, I live in SoCal, there’s lots of competition so our prices can actually be less at times. But 1k for tint is because of the material. XPEL is basically the best on the market, unless you include Spectra which is mainly sold in Asia. But that **** is like 1500.

Is XPEL worth it? Yes. My 911 had 3M Crystalline on it when I bought it and I notice the difference. I also hate that it has a brownish green tint vs. the blue of the XPEL. To me spending an extra 300 for the life of the car isn’t really worth thinking twice about.

I got a quote for Llumar IRX for 650 with windshield, might go that route. My lease is only two years and I’m parking the Benz outside.

I’m less worried about markup then lead time and/or allocation. Have an acquaintance who owns a MB dealership and has been encouraging us to come in and grab something. Is it years like a GT3 or can you have one built in a few months?

I’m less worried about markup then lead time and/or allocation. Have an acquaintance who owns a MB dealership and has been encouraging us to come in and grab something. Is it years like a GT3 or can you have one built in a few months?

You can spec out your own car, and it will be nearly 6 months at a smaller dealer, and you will pay market ADM when the car arrives. Having an acquaintance at a dealership will definitely help, but only your particular dealership can answer how long.

GT3 isn’t even years, they base it off how much more money you can pay or how much value you bring to the dealership.

My friend just picked up his 992 GT3 RS. When he ordered it a few months ago, the dealer stipulated that he must trade in his 992 GT3, he must also spec the car with red wheels and red decals, he must spec carbon brakes and race buckets, and he must only choose white or arctic gray as the color (in case he backed out). He picked it up last week.

Thanks. It sounds do able. We are not in a major market. A business partner of ours recently used same connect for AMG GLS63 at MSRP. Our connection is a little closer so optimistic we might be able to grab G550 with little or no ADM.

Back
Top Bottom