\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Have you considered starting a small used car dealership? You could even leverage your connections and expertise to acquire vehicles that you wouldn't necessarily stock on the lot for specific clientele!

Man if you enjoy sales and are truly good at it, you gotta use that to get out there and make deep 6 figures in things like Tech or mortgages etc. Just another product.

I hear you, but I gotta enjoy what I sell. I love cars, loved the Ford product when they actually sold sedans and I looked forward to going in daily. I can't sell something that I'm not passionate about. Then it would just be a job with no interest in it. Customers who walked in and met me for the first time, could see my passion for the product, and that helps break that wall down and helps earn business vs the other salesperson down the street who doesn't know ANYTHING about what they sell.

I can't do that with other products I'm not into. I never faked my job or my love of cars. It's why I can't sell Toyotas or Honda, etc. These are brands I'm not passionate about. Plus auto sales would just put me back where I was, in horrible condition health wise as stress is the #1 cause for severe issues in regards to GI health (Crohn's for example).

Someone said, do real estate. Not the type of job where you are away from a restroom when a flare pops up and you gotta go (and you can't use the restroom in the home that's for sale). My life is not in a good spot right now. I try to keep a good face on, but it gets tougher and tougher. 😞

Money really is the devil in disguise. Too many greedy @ $ $ mofos walk amongst us.

This is SO true. And I NEVER did my job for the money! I did it for the love of the product and to help people make the right decision on buying a vehicle. I've bet some sleezy people who only cared about the $$ and didn't care about ANYTHING else and that made me sick!

Have you considered starting a small used car dealership? You could even leverage your connections and expertise to acquire vehicles that you wouldn't necessarily stock on the lot for specific clientele!

Nope, and here's why. Pennsylvania is one of the HARDEST states, if not the hardest to get an actual dealer license. Have an acquaintance who has a storage place for cars and he also is a dealer. Took him well over 2 years to get a license, and you also need an actual building. Not an open lot, but a physical building to put cars in, and have to have insane levels of insurance, plus high levels of liquid money for incidentals. I don't need those levels of headaches.

Like I may have mentioned, Lotus has a new dealer in the area. I constantly kept in touch with the manager, keeping my name in front of him every 60-90 days. He finally told me, after I was up front asking if there will be any openings for positions at the dealer, that all positions would be filled internally. 😕😞I didn't even want to work sales, but behind the scenes, helping build the store in regards to client relations, marketing, event coordination, you name it. The people there have ZERO clue what Lotus is about. They are all Porsche dealer employees, and a Porsche customer is the polar opposite of a Lotus client. I could have added a good amount of positive things to the store, with so many owners I already know and are friendly with, but NOPE!

Last edited:
I hear you, but I gotta enjoy what I sell. I love cars, loved the Ford product when they actually sold sedans and I looked forward to going in daily. I can't sell something that I'm not passionate about. Then it would just be a job with no interest in it. Customers who walked in and met me for the first time, could see my passion for the product, and that helps break that wall down and helps earn business vs the other salesperson down the street who doesn't know ANYTHING about what they sell.

I can't do that with other products I'm not into. I never faked my job or my love of cars. It's why I can't sell Toyotas or Honda, etc. These are brands I'm not passionate about. Plus auto sales would just put me back where I was, in horrible condition health wise as stress is the #1 cause for severe issues in regards to GI health (Crohn's for example).

Someone said, do real estate. Not the type of job where you are away from a restroom when a flare pops up and you gotta go (and you can't use the restroom in the home that's for sale). My life is not in a good spot right now. I try to keep a good face on, but it gets tougher and tougher. 😞
Makes total sense man, didn't even consider part of what would make you a great salesman is true passion for the product. I know you've had your health issues but I hope it eventually makes a turn for the better.

Nope, and here's why. Pennsylvania is one of the HARDEST states, if not the hardest to get an actual dealer license. Have an acquaintance who has a storage place for cars and he also is a dealer. Took him well over 2 years to get a license, and you also need an actual building. Not an open lot, but a physical building to put cars in, and have to have insane levels of insurance, plus high levels of liquid money for incidentals. I don't need those levels of headaches.

Like I may have mentioned, Lotus has a new dealer in the area. I constantly kept in touch with the manager, keeping my name in front of him every 60-90 days. He finally told me, after I was up front asking if there will be any openings for positions at the dealer, that all positions would be filled internally. 😕😞I didn't even want to work sales, but behind the scenes, helping build the store in regards to client relations, marketing, event coordination, you name it. The people there have ZERO clue what Lotus is about. They are all Porsche dealer employees, and a Porsche customer is the polar opposite of a Lotus client. I could have added a good amount of positive things to the store, with so many owners I already know and are friendly with, but NOPE!
It appears that you genuinely miss it and still have a strong passion for it. It's a pity that Pennsylvania has such strict regulations. I would recommend considering a move to a neighboring border town in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, etc. I would encourage you to take the leap and give it a try. If it doesn't work out, at least you won't have any regrets because you made the effort.

It's interesting because I've known people from various backgrounds, and a few of them had a dealer's license without a physical location. They would either rent the plates or purchase cars on demand.

Makes total sense man, didn't even consider part of what would make you a great salesman is true passion for the product. I know you've had your health issues but I hope it eventually makes a turn for the better.

Thank you buddy. Much appreciated, it really really is. 🙏🙏🙏 I'm bound for a break someday. 🤞

It appears that you genuinely miss it and still have a strong passion for it. It's a pity that Pennsylvania has such strict regulations. I would recommend considering a move to a neighboring border town in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, etc. I would encourage you to take the leap and give it a try. If it doesn't work out, at least you won't have any regrets because you made the effort.

It's interesting because I've known people from various backgrounds, and a few of them had a dealer's license without a physical location. They would either rent the plates or purchase cars on demand.

If I was single, that would be a different story buddy. Not leaving where we live. Plus my wife is very successful in her job here. Plus moving, especially with how expensive houses are. I feel horrible for anyone who wants to move as you gotta pay out the rear for both the house and the rate.

Yeah, Pennsylvania is NOT like that. I'm sure some states are very lax on stuff like this, but not Pennsylvania. Plus, like I said, I would NOT want to deal with that aspect of the business. It's why I never wanted to be a sales manager or general manager. Your life is basically the dealership and everything else is secondary and that isn't gonna fly with me. I gave everything I had to the business and it did give me a whole lot back.

If I was single, that would be a different story buddy. Not leaving where we live. Plus my wife is very successful in her job here. Plus moving, especially with how expensive houses are. I feel horrible for anyone who wants to move as you gotta pay out the rear for both the house and the rate.

Yeah, Pennsylvania is NOT like that. I'm sure some states are very lax on stuff like this, but not Pennsylvania. Plus, like I said, I would NOT want to deal with that aspect of the business. It's why I never wanted to be a sales manager or general manager. Your life is basically the dealership and everything else is secondary and that isn't gonna fly with me. I gave everything I had to the business and it did give me a whole lot back.
Got it!I was attempting to offer you a motivational boost just in case it might be helpful. I know isb random, especially coming from an unexpected place like NT. 😄 I genuinely hope an opportunity comes your way soon. Did you happen to send me current auction rates?

IMG_4023.jpeg

Bro’s Caprice at the show in Houston this weekend

Got it!I was attempting to offer you a motivational boost just in case it might be helpful. I know isb random, especially coming from an unexpected place like NT. 😄 I genuinely hope an opportunity comes your way soon. Did you happen to send me current auction rates?

I do appreciate it buddy. Means a lot. My hope is the new biologic I'm on works, then I can probably start looking come new year. At least that's my hope. 🙏🙏 I appreciate all the kind sentiments. 👍👍👍

I figured the dealership did that to you guys. Wrong on EVERY POSSIBLE level!! 🤬 Back when I sold, the dealer let us have it all. But we didn't sell things over list. I sold all the Shelby Mustangs for years 2007 to when I left in 2020, due to all my connections, and they were all MSRP but it was a good sale with about $2,500 to $3,000 in margins. When we got bought out by the large group (we were a single point mom & pop store) that all went out the window. Capped us at I believe $2000 at most and they DID charge well over MSRP 👎👎

Their rational, it was luck to get a deal on a Shelby and it would alienate the others. I SERIOUSLY questioned it, as I said, I sold these to former clients, or fellow Mustang enthusiasts who knew me as "The Mustang Guy" at the dealership and they came from states over to SEE ME! So any deal I got, no one else would have gotten them, unless they got a lucky phone up. Needless to say, I lost. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Always hoped I would have sold my buddy his Ford GT when they came back out. While the dealer didn't have anything to do with the actual sale, as the cars were allocated to clients bases on the application process, the dealer the client picked to do the paperwork, got a flat $20,000 to do the transaction. Yeah, if my buddy had gotten his car while I was there, he would have picked me to do the deal! And I would have fought tooth and nail for my % of that $20K that's for sure! I feel for you buddy!! 😞😞

Oh, he did get his car, well, actually his wife got the allocation as she too is an owner of a prior Gen GT (the white one in the background) but I left the business by the time she got her allocation window. This is the car and a custom Extended Color Palette color...Dark Teal Metallic, from a 1969 Mustang. It's STUNNING in person! 🔥🔥
PXL_20210905_184903569.jpg
Yea as you know, it’s a lot involved in selling a high end vehicle. Service after and even just the delivery process is the work, the sell is the easy part:
To cap a commission on the units that require the most care from your Rep is just inanse. Dealers always figure out a way to cap you. Not like they don’t already have packs. With have a $1280 hard pack on used, then an another 640we owe in every deal, and before your commission is payable there is another $640 soft pack so.
I trade for a car at 10000 ACV
ADD
the folkowing
$1280

Now I own that car for 12560
Then, the real work is added.
Service
Detail
Touch up
Wheel fix
Bumpers etc etc etc

So that10k car is going to be at 14k+ cost before I even get to sell it. I’m order to make 2k gross if need to sell that vehicle at 16k

If you're not someone who's really into speed, is it justifiable to invest an additional $15,000 to upgrade from a TX350 to a TX500? Apart from the drivetrain, what other enhancements come with the upgrade?

ALNotSure ALNotSure

Yea as you know, it’s a lot involved in selling a high end vehicle. Service after and even just the delivery process is the work, the sell is the easy part:
To cap a commission on the units that require the most care from your Rep is just inanse. Dealers always figure out a way to cap you. Not like they don’t already have packs. With have a $1280 hard pack on used, then an another 640we owe in every deal, and before your commission is payable there is another $640 soft pack so.
I trade for a car at 10000 ACV
ADD
the folkowing
$1280

Now I own that car for 12560
Then, the real work is added.
Service
Detail
Touch up
Wheel fix
Bumpers etc etc etc

So that10k car is going to be at 14k+ cost before I even get to sell it. I’m order to make 2k gross if need to sell that vehicle at 16k

$1280 hard pack?!? 😳 I've been out too long. It was about $700 roughly when I left on used cars. Most were under warranty so the shop bills weren't crazy (covered under warranty) but man o man! 🤯 At that rate they really can't give fair MMR on the car! Hell, my own former employer didn't give me the most on my trade in. AutoLenders beat them by a grand! And they wondered why I didn't let them have the trade in 😂😂

And you're so right. The sale is the easy part. It's all the delivery (it can take an hour or more to go over some cars nowadays with all the tech they have) and after sales stuff.

If you're not someone who's really into speed, is it justifiable to invest an additional $15,000 to upgrade from a TX350 to a TX500? Apart from the drivetrain, what other enhancements come with the upgrade?

ALNotSure ALNotSure

The 350 is a base kinda old school Lexus. Power is fine, either fwd or a traditional fwd based awd system .

The 500h drives completely different. Like a different vehicle. 366hp and 409lbs of torque. Still get 28 mpg. Rear steer so this thing is easy to turn and park and helps handling. Then it has the direct-4 awd which is torque vectoring with small electric motors behind each wheel.

500h absolutely is worth it.

I’m not in love with the styling so caviar or incognito for me.
IMG_3177.jpeg

1699211922307.png
1699211944737.png

1699211964269.png

I really want one of these gt3's and run it into the ground and rebuild it with a high revving ls

1699212008796.png
widow maker

1699212031860.png
love this interior with the car phone
1699212054068.png
Simply put….. we would no longer be friends and you will have done 1 of only 3 things I am willing to fight over .

Back
Top Bottom