\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Two-tone RARELY looks good. Folks in Texas love it. You see it on the wildest vehicles.

IMG_8139.jpeg
42BD481C-D0D0-4B26-B673-AD5270398795.gif

Copped my first real JDM car last night. Really excited about this one already ordering parts and at the same time running into roadblocks looking for certain parts like a windshield 😭
IMG_1816.jpeg
IMG_1820.jpeg IMG_1814.jpeg
I know it looks rough on the outside but inside is very clean and underneath there is actually minimal rust too deal with and the frame is surprisingly in great shape.

Give me 6 months to a year

Last edited:
Old people love excessive amounts of chrome trim and rag tops on random cars they don’t belong on too.

They’ll put a rag top on a 2024 Camry.

I know, right? This car has jumped into Supercar territory with the power increase. More than a Huracan Technica, with an overall package is just beautiful. AND this is their entry level, so the price is gonna be incredible. Rumor is the starting price will be around $160k before options(prior car was $145k base). So add some stuff, and maybe it gets close to $200k. I already made one on the configurator and I'm in LOVE!! 😍

Either this color, Plasma Blue with red, Caribbean Blue Pearl 2 with grey, or Aston Martin Green with black/green inside. The config tool, is addictive. 😂

Oh, one main reason why it doesn't get more press, is this car suffers the same fate as the Maserati MC20, which is MASSIVE depreciation from new. Almost every MC20 that comes up on BaT never reaches reserve. Cars that pop up on car sites, that are used, usually do anywhere from $70k to $110k below the original MSRP. And this is only 2 years old. Prior Vantages dropped a lot initially as well. I'm sure this will be the same case. Shame as specing out a new one of these would be so much fun.

Love the new Vantage and I did the configurator too. Legit might think of this if the lease deals are good whenever that time comes and those prices drop like a rock (which we all know they will). Aston is coming with it and I really love it.

I am playing with the configurator too :lol:

Was a watching a video where a CX90 owner stated that a simple tune up had his CX90 cranking out 392 HP at the wheel.

Also saw a video with a 4 cylinder LS motor cranking over 300 HP and weight less than 400lbs.

Last edited:
Ok let’s approach this from a different angle, how much money do you need to make annually for it to justify buying this GR Corolla?
319F3796-CDA2-4808-B04D-27A665434A98.png

NO amount of money you make justifies paying $80k for a freaking Corolla! Don't care if it's a GR (I know what they are). At the end of the day, it's still a Corolla and will depreciate like other "normal brand" sports cars (CTR, GT350, etc).

Need to look at his from a different perspective. Think of the other cars you could buy for this amount? M3 (used obviously) Audi RS7 (again used but who cares). I'm sure there is a Cayman you can get around this number (not sure of the year but unless you NEED 4-doors, I'm sure there is some out there).

Remember what happened to the Focus RS. Ford didn't kill that car, the damn dealers did by charge $20k-$25k over for them. No wonder they sat. Who the hell was gonna pay $65-70k for a Focus? And look at what they are worth today? Nowhere close to that ADM price. I hate dealers who do this ****! 😡

NO amount of money you make justifies paying $80k for a freaking Corolla! Don't care if it's a GR (I know what they are). At the end of the day, it's still a Corolla and will depreciate like other "normal brand" sports cars (CTR, GT350, etc).

Need to look at his from a different perspective. Think of the other cars you could buy for this amount? M3 (used obviously) Audi RS7 (again used but who cares). I'm sure there is a Cayman you can get around this number (not sure of the year but unless you NEED 4-doors, I'm sure there is some out there).

Remember what happened to the Focus RS. Ford didn't kill that car, the damn dealers did by charge $20k-$25k over for them. No wonder they sat. Who the hell was gonna pay $65-70k for a Focus? And look at what they are worth today? Nowhere close to that ADM price. I hate dealers who do this ****! 😡
Meh I have a different perspective, while I 10000% agree that 80k for a Corolla is madness if I had let’s say 5mil annually income I’d splurge on this.

I wouldnt even compare it to the vehicles you did but rather the vehicles I miss that they don’t make anymore ( well besides lotus ) but 300hp and under 3300lbs would be a really fun modern car. That’s the HP and weight from mid 2000s but with modern suspension and technology.

To me that’s a win win just not at that price point. This car at 30-35k is the sweet spot imo

Meh I have a different perspective, while I 10000% agree that 80k for a Corolla is madness if I had let’s say 5mil annually income I’d splurge on this.

I wouldnt even compare it to the vehicles you did but rather the vehicles I miss that they don’t make anymore ( well besides lotus ) but 300hp and under 3300lbs would be a really fun modern car. That’s the HP and weight from mid 2000s but with modern suspension and technology.

To me that’s a win win just not at that price point. This car at 30-35k is the sweet spot imo
I think if you was making 5mil annually, the last place you'll be looking for a fun car, would be at a Toyota Corolla.

Ok let’s approach this from a different angle, how much money do you need to make annually for it to justify buying this GR Corolla?
319F3796-CDA2-4808-B04D-27A665434A98.png

I think they are 52k msrp… only 200 made…. couldn’t get one at all… a lot of coin for a Corolla and at 80k that’s insane. .

but it will retain value being a Morizo and Akio proven to be a real car guy and his connection to it. I won’t be surprised when these hit over 100k in a few years.

Wild to me tho.. here is my hot lap in one.. it’s incredible.. it is on Michelin Pilot Cups…

I think if you was making 5mil annually, the last place you'll be looking for a fun car, would be at a Toyota Corolla.
Very valid point…. Even when I am trying to pretend to be a baller I still look at things through a peasant lens lol

Totally get you. Yeah, if one has millions, definitely gotta have one. But if I wanted a car and I made decent money, Lotus Evora 400 easily for $80k. And if the GT has miles, they have been seen in the mid $80k range with 20k on the odo. That is what I would buy. 👍

Back
Top Bottom