\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

djlunchbox djlunchbox You do all your mods yourself?

Anything I’m able to DIY I’ve done, aero lower and upper parts, intake and interior lighting accents. My mechanic did my lowering springs and installed my ceramic brakes and slotted/drilled rotors.

That steering wheel was the last piece. Now I’ve got all the carbon lol

IMG_7182.jpeg IMG_7179.jpeg IMG_7177.jpeg IMG_7181.jpeg IMG_7175.jpeg IMG_7176.jpeg IMG_7092.jpeg

IMG_7110.jpeg

IMG_7037.jpeg

This is why I don't mess with Kia/Hyundai.

Although they are making nice looking vehicles with great technology, they have a bunch of reliability issues. Yes, they have a 10 year warranty, but who wants to deal with headaches all the time?

Although they are making nice looking vehicles with great technology, they have a bunch of reliability issues. Yes, they have a 10 year warranty, but who wants to deal with headaches all the time?

The FB Hyundai/Kia groups are wild. Issue after issue. 600 miles their fake 4x4 bombed out lol

I'm helping my niece buy her first car and I wanted to get some suggestions on a good reliable car for under $18K. Thank you all in advance for your help.

They have a notorious habit of their first year models when the car is refreshed having issues. The k5 from 2021 when it took its new form had bad transmission problems as well. My k5 is my 3rd Kia and 6th overall between me and my wife and neither of us have had a single major issue. I will say my wife’s ‘21 Sorento started having push to start button issues where we’d hear just a click, but outside of that we’ve been solid with ours.

Toyotas are overpriced for what you get on the used market.

Look at current Mazdas. Same reliability with more features for less
Thank you so much. Is there a particular model I should look at? I saw a 2021 3 locally but didn’t know.

Toyotas are overpriced for what you get on the used market.

Look at current Mazdas. Same reliability with more features for less

Same reliability is wild… lol they are not close… There is a reason people value them so highly.

And mind you I absolutely love Mazda. But no way I’m taking a used mazda 6 over a camry if reliability is a major concern. If I want a fun used one, the madza 6 manual is the way to go.

Same reliability is wild… lol they are not close… There is a reason people value them so highly.

And mind you I absolutely love Mazda. But no way I’m taking a used mazda 6 over a camry if reliability is a major concern. If I want a fun used one, the madza 6 manual is the way to go.
I own both brands and my bro just bought the new Rav4 since my family buys Toyota.

Reliability is on par now. My Mazda is made in Japan which Toyota reserves for their more expensive Lexus vehicles.

Toyota purposefully omits features to not sabotage Lexus sales.

Mazda doesn't have a luxury brand to protect.

The last Mazda 6 was on par with the Lexus ES when it was on sale compared with the Camry before they discontinued it. I cross shopped them. I'm using the previous ES as an example because the product cycle is similar.

2021-mazda-mazda6-carbon-edition-122-1611709062.jpg

dash-2.jpg

2018_Toyota_Camry_212.jpg

Last edited:
I own both brands and my bro just bought the new Rav4 since my family buys Toyota.

Reliability is on par now. My Mazda is made in Japan which Toyota reserves for their more expensive Lexus vehicles.

Toyota purposefully omits features to not sabotage Lexus sales.

Mazda doesn't have a luxury brand to protect.

The last Mazda 6 was on par with the Lexus ES when it was on sale compared with the Camry before they discontinued it. I cross shopped them. I'm using the previous ES as an example because the product cycle is similar.

2021-mazda-mazda6-carbon-edition-122-1611709062.jpg

dash-2.jpg

2018_Toyota_Camry_212.jpg

Reliability isn’t on par. Your experience might be that way but Mazda is behind Toyota and Lexus. You can go back the past few years and results always have Mazda significantly behind. But yes they are more reliable than most.

FYI we have owned a couple of 929’s. They were awesome. No major issues while we had them except I think one had a rough transmission. Some interior things that didn’t hold up as well as my ES over the same time frame. Engine felt stronger and it was RWD but handled like a boat lol.

1708415791583.jpeg

Yeah the Mazda 6 didn’t touch an ES. The cheap doors and okay dash lets you know that. Wind noise like crazy. Sorry that’s a major reach. The MMC was nice for the interior. Mazda 6 certainly drove a ton better and was certainly more interesting than an Accord or Camry. And if it was better than an ES or on par it certainly wouldn’t have been discontinued. I wish they gave it another shot. 🥹

Contrarily Toyota’s features are off the chain right now seriously creeping into Lexus territory. The Toyota Crown showcases that for example. Sequoia has a full pano roof my LX 600 doesn’t have etc etc.

I do agree Mazda isn’t held back and has made the choice to move into the Acura etc space of premium. Above mainstream but not quite full luxury. Mazda has done a really great job with it, better than Acura to me.

Cliffs- Both brands are great, I still give the reliability edge to Toyota. Love what both brands are doing currently.

Reliability and fuel economy. My goal is to get her a nice enough car but also encourage her to keep pushing for something better as she gets older
i would go for this tbh
kinda ugly so it hits ur point of "motivation" :lol:
also safe
also has enough space for friends, so if shes responsible its better for her to drive then a knucklehead friend drive
maintenance shouldn't be much and all wheel drive is safe for inclement weather

My bros 2021 K5 has been pretty reliable aside from battery issues but thats probably his fault. Son starting to rice it out though, he got little animr stickers and added louvres or whatever on his rear quarter panel windows and I said take that BS off immediately. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom