\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

SORIANOTRON SORIANOTRON just in the mood for a discussion so don’t take this personal, a heavy luxury sedan with loads of power used to be called AMG, if you wanted a lightweight drivers car you got a ///M

It’s well known the AMG is the sledgehammer and the ///M is the scalpel, so what is gonna make this hybrid M5 so amazing?

This is kinda hard
Genesis-G80-Magma-Special-main-copy-1024x576.jpg

kaz109 kaz109 Indeed this will be the heaviest M car ever, but also one of the first M hybrids (XM dont count lol)....the battery technology is where it is at this point....as battery tech progresses weight to power ratio will balance out....I mean BMW has mastered weight to power balance....so without knowing the official powertrain specs of this M5 its hard to say if it will be more hammer or scalpel...probably somewhere more in-between but we have to wait and see, but yes its heavy.

Based off M's legendary track record its hard to bet against them.

The CS was a bench mark for the sedan, I expect them to raise it with this. They don't exactly go backwards in terms of performance

I'm optimistic yes, but BMW give me good reason to be.

Last edited:

If it’s true call it a M11. Ridiculous. The new one looks like an old Kia.

It’s literally the size and weight of a 7 series which is wild. Yes it will be fast and capable but that’s 1000 MORE than the current M5 which was already heavy.

kaz109 kaz109 Indeed this will be the heaviest M car ever, but also one of the first M hybrids (XM dont count lol)....the battery technology is where it is at this point....as battery tech progresses weight to power ratio will balance out....I mean BMW has mastered weight to power balance....so without knowing the official powertrain specs of this M5 its hard to say if it will be more hammer or scalpel...probably somewhere more in-between but we have to wait and see, but yes its heavy.

Based off M's legendary track record its hard to bet against them.

The CS was a bench mark for the sedan, I expect them to raise it with this. They don't exactly go backwards in terms of performance

I'm optimistic yes, but BMW give me good reason to be.
So nothing you said chances my original question to you. I have no doubt it will be fast but just adding HP does not counter balance weight.

Have you driven a GT-R? It set many records and was brutally fast for it’s time (2009-2015ish) but that doesn’t mean it was recognized as a good driver’s car. Isn’t that what the ///M slogan is? They make the best drivers cars….

Also, you say the XM doesn’t count but the truth of the matter it’s only a couple hundred pounds heavier than the new M5 will be and it has more HP and TQ ( if the numbers on the M5 I posted are correct ) so by your logic, it to balance out.

That was the original point of my post , by definition of monster, do you just mean times? Isn’t BMW about the driving experience? Isn’t AMG supposed to be the “ monster “ sledgehammer and ///M the lightweight precision scalpel?

nearly 6000 pounds is crazy. i might be in the minority, but i was never overly impressed with the F10 or F90. yeah, powertrain numbers look good, but aesthetically they are pretty boring imo and they're huuuge.

personally, I'd rather ride my road bike than drive a bright orange hyundai.....but thats just me.
I wouldn't drive anything bright orange unless you love tickets, but I think this is sleek. Great effects and wheel choice plus the bucket seats. I'll pass on the "It's a Hyundai" game in 2024. Irrelevant either way, only 20 will be released in the middle east.

So nothing you said chances my original question to you. I have no doubt it will be fast but just adding HP does not counter balance weight.

Have you driven a GT-R? It set many records and was brutally fast for it’s time (2009-2015ish) but that doesn’t mean it was recognized as a good driver’s car. Isn’t that what the ///M slogan is? They make the best drivers cars….

Also, you say the XM doesn’t count but the truth of the matter it’s only a couple hundred pounds heavier than the new M5 will be and it has more HP and TQ ( if the numbers on the M5 I posted are correct ) so by your logic, it to balance out.

That was the original point of my post , by definition of monster, do you just mean times? Isn’t BMW about the driving experience? Isn’t AMG supposed to be the “ monster “ sledgehammer and ///M the lightweight precision scalpel?
Never driven a GT-R

so then do you consider any M5 a drivers car? Just asking for context.

I'm not sure I have heard that slogan regarding //M....I'm familiar with "The ultimate driving machine"

Yeah **** the XM, that **** is a money grab. And the numbers you posted haven't been confirmed, their just rumors from a source so we don't know that for sure either.

This is a new era for BMW and M....hybrid/electrical is uncharted territory

You're asking me about the performance but technical details about the car but they haven't been released yet so therefor I cannot answer you directly.

Yes its heavy, yes it will have alot of power, aside from that we don't know much.

We shall wait and see.

Car goes into production in July, I'm sure it will be revealed any day now.

I wouldn't drive anything bright orange unless you love tickets, but I think this is sleek. Great effects and wheel choice plus the bucket seats. I'll pass on the "It's a Hyundai" game in 2024. Irrelevant either way, only 20 will be released in the middle east.
LOL true....admittedly the design isn't bad at all, body lines and proportions look good (not a fan of the tail or head lights) but I aint nevaaaaaaaaa driving a Hyndai or Kia

the g82 m4 is around 4000 but is surprisingly agile and a great driving machine
6000 seems like alot
one of my pickup trucks is around 6000 pounds for context :lol:
just looked it up a new f250 can also be molded into the ultimate driving machine :lol:
1712175951071.png

Never driven a GT-R

so then do you consider any M5 a drivers car? Just asking for context.

I'm not sure I have heard that slogan regarding //M....I'm familiar with "The ultimate driving machine"

Yeah **** the XM, that **** is a money grab. And the numbers you posted haven't been confirmed, their just rumors from a source so we don't know that for sure either.

This is a new era for BMW and M....hybrid/electrical is uncharted territory

You're asking me about the performance but technical details about the car but they haven't been released yet so therefor I cannot answer you directly.

Yes its heavy, yes it will have alot of power, aside from that we don't know much.

We shall wait and see.

Car goes into production in July, I'm sure it will be revealed any day now.
You call the XM a money grab yet it uses the same power plant as the new M5 and is pretty close to the same weight so what makes it any less of an ///M car in your opinion? I ask because from the outside looking it it is just because you don’t care for the design.

I asked if you have driven a GT-R because it was a monster, numbers backed it but it was hated because of the driving characteristics and AMGs have never been drivers cars ( outside of when the GT line cam out in 2016ish)

I feel like ///M division started losing its way around the time of the F10 when they started playing the numbers game like other AMG. The E39 and E60 were great drivers cars

Gt-r never did it for me.

I’ve driven them plenty, my old boss had a gtr and built evo IX. The evo was infinitely cooler to drive. Dude had a racing clutch in it so you had to rev it up and dump it to even move. :lol:

Yeah, the XM was a money grab....who is that car for?

The Urus market?

No one from that market bought them, TBH no one from any market has really bought them.

You call the XM a money grab yet it uses the same power plant as the new M5 and is pretty close to the same weight so what makes it any less of an ///M car in your opinion?
Um, Its an SUV and not a car so theres that right off the rip.

I've been driving an Orange truck for 2 yrs now and have yet to be pulled over. I'm very much an offensive driver but not to the point of being stupid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom