Post Your Favorite Athlete Quotes. vol. inspirational/swag

post some of your all time favorite quotes from athletes....this one comes to mind because I was just watching  Kobe highlight vid..

*After dropping 50*

Reporter: Kobe, how did you feel out there?
Kobe: Felt good, like i was playing playstation or something

Iron Mike:
"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian."
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Jerry Rice:
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

David Robinson (not an exact quote):
"What if we were measured according to what we did for those who can't do anything for us?"

John Wooden:
"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability."

"Basketball fights last two punches, make sure you throw both of them." - John Thompson Jr.

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." - Earl Weaver

"I'll +$$% you till you love me !$$!%#" - Mike Tyson

"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

Not my favorite quote.. But is the most recent one

"It's always interesting to hear people talk after a game like that, like I'm done and all this stuff, the amount of idiots that live out here after 16 years is baffling. … I guess people just get dumber over the years." -Kobe Bryant

The movie Jaws came out the same year the Big Red Machine was rolling (1975.)
Reporter:  "Hey Pete, have you seen the movie Jaws?"

Pete Rose:  "I am Jaws."

pimp.gif

Surprised at no Ali quotes so far. Tyson was the quote machine though 
pimp.gif

“[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.

when you rich you don't write checks. straight cash homey

I may have smoked too much weed, but I wasn't taking any drugs or anything

I'm not a LeBron fan in the slightest, but I can respect this:

: "At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."

All the scrutiny and the slander from the media/beat writers/haters.... he just %%*!*$% on em.  
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom