Post your favorite Movie Cliche

How in action movies there's absolute chaos, mayhem, and destruction yet no one is pursued by law enforcement for the damage done & lives that would have been lost in real life

Someone getting their as whooped for 75% of a scene barely clinging to life and somehow comes back to win the fight never taking another blow :stoneface:

Street racing films like Fast and Furious where they shift gears like 347 times on a straight away.

Fight scenes that one guy can take down 50 bad guys who instead of rushing him at once they all wait 1 or 2 at a time to get their as whooped :stoneface:

This is my favorite/worst ... makes absolutely ZERO sense

They have someone surrounded at gun point in a big circle. Should that person decided to open fire who's gonna shoot back? They gonna kill their entire team :stoneface:

*found this John Wick pic for an example
template1.jpg

Being a hacker in any movie basically makes you
original.gif

Whenever a realistic character is dropped into a somewhat exaggerated world and they basically undermine the characters in that world

some that come to mind
Jeremy Renner in Mission Impossible(Ghost Protocol?) bugging Tom Cruise about how he knew a floating dead body would draw literally all the guns aimed at them away, giving them just enough time escape. There is never an actual answer given

Henry Cavill in the latest Mission Impossible(Fallout) when Tom Cruise tells him of the elaborate plan to swap identities with the target and scan their face and put on a mask before they jump out of a plane. Cavill then replies "People actually fall for this ish?"
I always found it funny because in that universe the mask are pretty impressive, Cavil wasn't havin it:lol:

Jon Hamm in The Town, his entire character acted like the movie should've been 10 minutes long and he should've caught the crew by then. Even when Affleck leaves the note for him he just kinda scoffs as if to say "well of course you got away, it's your movie." Most of his lines basically trash on the plot. When Affleck runs to Florida he tells the chick "You know, we are an international organization, right?"

When people are in a restaurant and order something, take one bite then leave. So many dine and dashes

Favorite: When the antagonist gets exposed, ridiculed, or fails. Typically is best when the antagonist has really made a strong impact throughout the film.

Least favorite: Protagonists in films being pretty much invulnerable. They could get shot, stabbed, blown up, lose a lot of blood, but somehow don't need medical attention and save the day.

Cliche's I miss: At the end of the film, when they would have some text catching you up on either what happened after the film, or what happened to individual characters after the film as a way of expanding the story past the movie itself. Keeps you thinking about it for a bit.

Really gets me mad when an thriller/action movie turns/ends in a romance.

Nothing like almost dying, explosions, and guns getting you love juices flowing. Whole make out session by the end of the movie with some cheesy line

When a couple are getting down to business and they're making out but knocking over everything in sight. Lamps, flower pots, coat racks, dishes.
I'm gonna add to this:

I can't stand how dudes usually just slides it in. No build up, no lube, he just slides it in. Also, girls almost always pee after sex. They don't show that.

Back
Top Bottom