Post Your Motorcycle

You’ll learn more on a small bike for sure.

I’d say no way on a 600 if he was like 18 but I feel like an adult will be fine.

even on a small bike, provided a person isn’t massive, they’ll still be faster than most cars in acceleration and well fast enough to get in trouble 😅…the place it can be a bit of a chore on a smaller bike is passing at top end/highway speeds. it’s definitely good advice to sit on different bikes but it kinda doesn’t mean much if you don’t already have experience riding

i wouldn’t ever talk a new rider out of getting whatever bike what they want, but i will always recommend taking a course to get good idea of the basics before buying & starting on a smaller displacement machine because it just gives more grace for missteps than larger bikes

Yeah I just meant sit on it with your feet on the pegs to see if you’re good riding like a gargoyle.

I can sit on a bike and it’s an instant nope from me based on the rider triangle sometimes.

And yeah nothing wrong with a small bike, I have tons of fun on my 300 because I can get away with anything on that bike. It’s not I can do 100 in first gear like a super sport. Plus I can do stupid **** like drag the foot pegs in round abouts. :lol:

For sure take courses. Ride all the bikes and take all the courses. Do msf, hit track days, ride dirt bikes. Take your boys cruiser out etc etc.

If you’re really about it and love it all of its fun and will make you a better rider.

Met some dude on the new sportster s. I was riding this twisties by my house and he wanted to hit that road a couple times with me. That thing is no joke in the straights.

He said it’s a sick bike for what it is.

:lol: don’t know what I’m looking at

586E4956-72D4-47F2-9235-9AC1F7F0DC50.jpeg

One of the more aesthetically pleasing EV bikes

I looked at both this and the Metabike after this vid was posted. Both seem like solid "fast scooter" options. However, the companies selling the product seem shady as hell. Gonna stay away until more of the actual products are in consumer hands.

I don’t see the appeal of electric personally. Maintenance isn’t a big deal on most bikes.

Oil change takes 10 minute and valves aren’t very often.
Yeah it's hard to even really quantify the cost savings considering motorcycles are already cheap on gas to begin with.

With that said some of them just look really cool and I'd be open to that. I liked the Anthem and the Metabike because I was already on the market for a grom to do hoodrat **** with my friends.

Yeah I’m not against them. It’s just not for me. You can pick up a dope bike for under 10k used all day.

I’d be more inclined to get an electric dirt bike if it was actually good. Those require way more maintenance and like you said. I could do hood rat **** with my friends since they are quiet.

Congrats on the bike.
As for the shoes. Look up shift cover or shift sock on google. It's a rubber piece that goes over the shift peg that's designed to "protect" your shoes form scuffs and such, but idk how effective they are.... I mean it's just a cover that will also get dirt on it when riding around so idk how it doesn't eventually just stain your sneakers. Unless you wash it ever time you go for a ride.

I haven’t had a bike in over 25 years but I spent too long trying to make a thing I could strap onto my foot to prevent scuffing shoes.

I can’t believe I didn’t think of putting it on the shifter instead!

Sumo night was wild tonight. Some dude cut me off on the inside as I was entering a turn.

Causing me to nearly *** pack him so instead I just ran off the track. Then everyone behind him got scared and he got kicked out of the track. :lol:

My wife got out on the track for the first time and had a blast.

Took out a race prepped street triple on the track today. First time I rode something on the track that wasn’t mine.

Slicks and ktech suspension is a game changer. I might look for an older one to do a build on.

Super fun bike, that engine is a good one.

Yeah I’m not against them. It’s just not for me. You can pick up a dope bike for under 10k used all day.

I’d be more inclined to get an electric dirt bike if it was actually good. Those require way more maintenance and like you said. I could do hood rat **** with my friends since they are quiet.
depending on which dirt bike u compare it to
a 300 two stroke weights about 20 pounds less than the ktm free ride exc

i want a ktm electric bike to mess around inthe neighborhood in, but not sure its worth 10k :lol:

Ive debated grabbing a KTM Freeride since I still have my supermoto set up from my old bike, still not worth it now. Scrapped the whole idea and may just grab another KTM smoker to scratch the itch.
I feel like electric motorcycles are only being hindered by the battery technology we have now, and in about 3 years it's going to be next level.
Something like the Surron X/XX is the perfect street machine IMO. its a weird cross between a mountain bike and a small 125cc 4 stroke.
Rode one a few weeks back and I'm really into them, and the price point is pretty reasonable for the ability to modify them in the future

Does anyone have a line on an old honda CB1? like an 89-91? that may be the new winter project but they're going for way too much in my area currently

Took out a race prepped street triple on the track today. First time I rode something on the track that wasn’t mine.

Slicks and ktech suspension is a game changer. I might look for an older one to do a build on.

Super fun bike, that engine is a good one.
SV650 bro, ive never steered you wrong

depending on which dirt bike u compare it to
a 300 two stroke weights about 20 pounds less than the ktm free ride exc

i want a ktm electric bike to mess around inthe neighborhood in, but not sure its worth 10k :lol:
definitely not worth the 10k yet. just not ready

I feel the same way about electric bikes. Give it a few years and we might actually be onto something good.

No way I’m taking one now though when you can get a good two stroke the same price and a good used one for 6k or less.

The sv is dope but I got 4 old street triples in my circle of friends with a ton of parts… dude is going to sell me a brand new ktech rear shock for 100 bucks if I get a st.

You weren’t wrong about the klx, I put that thing through it’s paces man. :lol: I plan on riding that all the way to advanced group. All you really need is some new tires and high temp brake fluid and you’re ready to rip the track on it.

took some i would say lesser experienced riders trail riding a couple months back
finally put together the footage
most of the riding is slow since im riding sweep (in the back of the pack to make sure everyone gets through)
there is absolutely nothing like some singletrack

ima start recording more of my riding and sharing

took some i would say lesser experienced riders trail riding a couple months back
finally put together the footage
most of the riding is slow since im riding sweep (in the back of the pack to make sure everyone gets through)
there is absolutely nothing like some singletrack

ima start recording more of my riding and sharing

Where’s this? Looks awesome! Maybe a little dry but I’m accustomed to Hollister hills, which is as dry as it can get with single track

Where’s this? Looks awesome! Maybe a little dry but I’m accustomed to Hollister hills, which is as dry as it can get with single track
yeah with the drought most riding areas are kinda dusty but we used to it

its in frazier park
really really great riding out here, plenty of trails for all skill levels
ranging from beginner blue trails to double black diamond

Back
Top Bottom