Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

greenrhino, Didn't think about that. A league logo is a touch different than a brand logo I would think.

Have you ever checked out http://mlbcollectors.com/index.php (used to be prosportscollectors.com). It's been a huge help dating some of my hats.

I just don't see a lot of size 8 or 7 3/4 in the vintage hats. Even game used for players are always in the 1/2 range. It really makes me sad that I have to live in this era. Even your wool on fields from the mid 90s to mid 2000s just simply don't come in my size too often.

With New Era deleting FB comments, I just don't know where to go from here. Why even support them at all? I actually have my eyes on a couple American Needle 400 series fitted caps. Does anyone own any of those?

greenrhino, Didn't think about that. A league logo is a touch different than a brand logo I would think.

Have you ever checked out http://mlbcollectors.com/index.php (used to be prosportscollectors.com). It's been a huge help dating some of my hats.

I just don't see a lot of size 8 or 7 3/4 in the vintage hats. Even game used for players are always in the 1/2 range. It really makes me sad that I have to live in this era. Even your wool on fields from the mid 90s to mid 2000s just simply don't come in my size too often.

With New Era deleting FB comments, I just don't know where to go from here. Why even support them at all? I actually have my eyes on a couple American Needle 400 series fitted caps. Does anyone own any of those?

A company logo is a company logo. MLB goes for uniformity.

Yes it's a very good site, especially for post 1994 New Era info. I have contributed to that site.

And I know about your size 8 situation...it ain't like I'm taunting you :tongue:

size chart from older new era cap box...

size 8+ didn't become common until the steroid era

So I love this hat. I have one but I can not find another one. I have searched and searched. It's a Seattle steelheads hat from 2015 when they did a turn back the clock night. Had I know these would just disappear I would have bought more. Can anyone help me out finding these?

Although I am a Mariners fan my buddy from Oakland sent me this hat from Emanual. They are awesome hats that's for sure

I want to wake up one morning and believe this was all a dream.

Nope.. Lids has a full stock of most of the playoff teams.. I love how they decided to show the hat from the left angle (vs. how almost every other hat is on the site). I realize its probably to display the patch, but still, even photos of them look odd as hell.

All this pretty much made me jump at a half dozen more hats. I'm calling it quits.. Photos when they arrive later this week.. Indians collection is about to catch a few more missing pieces.

fyi, I mentioned this site called iamchotofu.com awhile back. I've had two successful transactions and one where they messed up the shipping address. One more is coming soon. They have 95% of their mlb on fields for 50% off. Some date back to the 2008 pre-cool base era. Some noticables include Minnesota M, black Oakland As alternate, Indians I, and some Houston Astros 50th Anniv. patch hats

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/09/19/confirmed-mlb-caps-will-fly-the-new-era-flag/

MLB On-Field hats are going to have the New Era "N" logo on the side :smh: :x
HORRIBLE.

even though it won't effect me since i got every damn team already sans da logo, its gonna be a change for sure...its gonna feel like everyone rocking street fitted on da field. :lol:

also i aint too tight, custom fitted shops will almost immediately make "onfield retros" with tonal New Era logos on da sides.

Most onfield customs (not named cooperstown collection :smh: ) sold on sites like 4ucaps.com, hatclub.com, and iamchotofu.com appear to be 100% to spec without any essence of a NE Flag, let alone a tonal flag. It can, aod does happen. May the flag logo ROT in hell.

I feel NE will either curb this sort of China made "custom" faux on field situation by making flags appear on all hats, or the custom game is about to explode.

4ucaps has a Mets wool grey under 2015 WS patched (embroidered on the right side).
I can't tell if there is a tonal flag. But most that I've seen have NOT had the flag. It's when cooperstown gets involved for a "collection" that you see flags show up. The low key custom game is about to get bombarded with interest imho.

I've never really seen a custom go for 100% polyester. But that may be the new thing if it doesn't have a flag on the side.

Last edited:
Damn it! I don't have a single hat that has the NE logo on the side. I might have to buy up the teams that I don't have before all current stock are gone.

I just saw the post season hats and was wondering why the hell is the post season patch on the right side.

Not a re post. Sorta doubling up with this terrible flag news.

- 2010 Cleveland Indians alternate 2 "I". Last year of the I. 100% poly. USA made. Black under
-Another 2008 Cleveland Indians home onfield. USA made. 100% poly black under
-Another 1995 Cleveland Indians home & away set. 100% wool. USA made. Grey under

- 2013 Milwaukee Brewers promo onfield. Worn for a spring training game & exhibition. Promo was design our 'YOUinform" contest. This was the winning hat. USA made. 100% poly. black under. Technically an onfield I guess.
- Another 2012 Minnesota Twins alternate. Sticker says cool base. Tagging inside indicates 2007-2008 era. 100% poly. China made.

More to follow shortly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom