Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Taking no chances anymore. Been watching this one for atleast 6 months. No biters until this week

You just have to be careful with multi size 3 photo auctions. Photo shows one size sticker so you think your getting one era of hat. Instead I get an obvious replaced newer era size sticker put on backwards and the inside labels indicate a different era. This is looking like 2003-2005. I was thinking I was getting 2000-2002.

It's still technically 100% wool, made in USA, and grey under so the important details are met. I'm again met with such high praise upon trying it on. Such a gem of an era. Every new 2011-2017 on field I try on needs months of breaking in time. This one here is perfect from the onset. Soft yet thicker grade of materials all around. Easily worth retail thst no one for at least 6 months was willing to dish out.

Last edited:
Zyzz, Nothing is really wrong per say, just a touch not as described in a collectors sense. Petty I guess you could say.

I told this to another seller who did something similar. Basically a heads up that some collectors are looking for specific years. They are already charging retail when others are not, so they sorta know what they're doing by selling it at a higher price. It's just mildly irritating when they have it as a 2007 on field in the description, yet have a photo of one with a sticker from 2000, and finally end up sending a 2003-2005 era. It's just nice if people knew what they were selling at a premium.

If I get something cheap and its description/photos are vague, I dont tend to mind too much. I was happy regardless that it stayed true to the wool grey under, but others can be less forgiving. I left +fb and just gave them that heads up.

I'll try to get my As collection posted later today. I think I have three generations of As on fields. It'll be cool to see them side by side

I know some people who have been leaving bad feedback to sellers of older on fields. They dont realize that they didnt have the flag on the side back then and are calling them fake. lol. A flag to this newer generation is a sign of authenticity sadly

ii Flash ii, its this one
Amazon product ASIN B001XON4E6$11.25 with free shipping when I got it

Last edited:
I had that same A's on field wool and gave it to a buddy. He wanted to give me 20 bucks for it but I gave it for free. he loved that thing

My bravest de-flagging yet.

I had this heritage series hat I got for like $5 awhile back. I don't like any flag even if it's trying to blend in.

Same color threads hurt my brain after 20 minutes. Came out great though.

Family photo
1992/2003-2005/2012-2015

1992 slightly lighter shade of green but nowhere near the same type of changes I see out of the Indians. After 25 years, they are basically the same design.

Upon reading up on As, greys werent used until 1995.

Heritage series thrown into a family photo. It's eerily similar to the 2005 wool on field. Despite being made in China, it could really pass as the older era of on fields.

I highly recommend the heritage series if you see any online still

Last edited:
@Wally, def agree the heritage series is A1. pretty close to the real deal and fit is pretty solid and not a gaudy huge crown like most new eras.

def wish I would have scooped up more. Got a Dodger I bought slightly smaller to stretch since the 7 3/8 was still a lil too big for my liking

I actually really like the lighter kelly green the A's used on the hats/uniforms up until the early '80's.

Am guessing those caps are rare these days.

Last edited:
@ Green Rhino, yeah theres something special about the kelly green look. The 2016 TBTC seemed like a great representation. I'm sad I missed out. I went with the brewers instead. Now the hunt really begins as there just isnt much out there at all.

A lot of older hats are seemingly rare, like A LOT of them. There is however an interesting amount of 7 1/2- 7 3/4 As 92-99 era on fields. I'm seeing a heck of a lot just totally dry up out there. Like there may just be one Minnesota Twins M hat in my size on ebay at all times, so to find any variation of that is just super rare. Luckily, rarity and price rarely intersect. The resell game here just isnt so lively. Everyone tends to just buy the latest at their neighborhood lids or sports shop and call it a day.

bigsexyvic, nice pickup. They went away from black something like 5 years ago, so to see them still around is really interesting, but not surprising.. Is yours made in US? I bought one years ago and it came with the crappy china poly that dust just LOOOVES

@ Green Rhino, yeah theres something special about the kelly green look. The 2016 TBTC seemed like a great representation. I'm sad I missed out. I went with the brewers instead. Now the hunt really begins as there just isnt much out there at all.

A lot of older hats are seemingly rare, like A LOT of them. There is however an interesting amount of 7 1/2- 7 3/4 As 92-99 era on fields. I'm seeing a heck of a lot just totally dry up out there. Like there may just be one Minnesota Twins M hat in my size on ebay at all times, so to find any variation of that is just super rare. Luckily, rarity and price rarely intersect. The resell game here just isnt so lively. Everyone tends to just buy the latest at their neighborhood lids or sports shop and call it a day.

Ya I brought up rarity cause those kelly green joints are at least 35 years old now & probably next to impossible in sizes close to 8.

I mean, they cool but not that great. :lol:

Last edited:
Add another gem to the book. I know I said I'd never buy a hat of theirs. It was too hard to pass up.

Nice eBay grab the other day

Two photos on the site. Not exactly described wrong. Ended less than $20. Took a chance with them saying it was used. I make a bigger mess after one wear than what I see here.

After looking at different websites, I'm calling this one a first year grey under 1994/1995 NY Yankees on field. I guess in '96, there was some foam padding added to the NY logo to make it stand out more. This one does appear more of a flat embroidery. Absolute steal imho. And the 7 3/4 isn't shrunken down like a lot of '99-'06 wools can be.

Last edited:
Nice work n pickups Wally

Spoke to the ceo of new era, said 'they have a lot planned for their 100th anniversary'
Wiki says that's in 2020. Obviously vague and will probably mean very little to us [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Just came to name drop [emoji]128526[/emoji]

As a collector, I'm bummed to see them get the NBA license. Worked hard to get my bulls 5950s!

Fear of gods going for in excess of $400 on eBay. That's like 10-20 vintage low key pickups. Sad state of afffairs imho.

Stumbled upon these on eBay.

2010 inaugural season patch twins cool base, made in USA 100% poly for $10 shipped.
The other is a bit of a holy grail. I've seen smaller sizes for years but never anything close to 7 3/4. The crown is a touch bent and smashed but overall, American made quality is a sight to be seen. It's a 1994-1996 road Detroit Tigers on field. Only ever produced during that short time frame

Detail is incredible

It's crazy man...

That latest Minnesota Twins cap was listed as " Vintage Minnesota Twins New Era Hat/Cap - Fitted 7 3/4 Wool Rare 1980's NEW"

It has the 2010 Target Field IS patch, #1. It's a black under and 99% likely to be 100% polyester.. I agree that the logo does date the team to the World Series era of the 80s.. But c'mon man. I gave the person positive feedback. I guess given the price, and knowing what I was actually getting helps out a lot.

Of the 13 key words in the description above, wool is probably the only wrong terms to be using. Vintage (7 years now since it came out) does have some merit. Rare, yeah. I dont see that stadium patch too often.. 1980s... Yeah I guess the logo was used back then and has most nostalgia driven to that era.

---------
I got another gem coming in next week. I'm excited about that one. That one happened to be described correctly and it just didnt sell for more than a #3 at wendys.

It's a tough selling market out there. Great time to be buying for your own consumption. Set your BIN and just wait it out... But thats more seller talk than buying.

Last edited:
Wow. These liquid chrome 4th of July hats are hideous. The astros, upon the stadium lights shining down, have the logo look like liquid dog crap. Indistinguishable

anything holiday related is gonna be trash. the only valid one was the all camo with the grey underbrim from a couple years ago.

^wow. I will now.

Looks like a Retro Classic collection dropping in July, lids exclusive. Made in USA. 100% wool. Pretty true to spec with no NE marks on the inside of the seams on the hat crown. I do wonder what the price point will be though. I've had my eyes on an all navy Indians "made in china" '99 on field custom for awhile now. This just made my choice easier.

I ask and greenrhino might know.. Does anyone know when the first "cooperstown" collection hats came about? I see some online with 2002 era tags that also include the "Cooperstown Collection" tag.

I just hope for no NE flag at all. If I'm paying top dollar for something, it has to been nearly 100% true to spec.

here's what I was ranting about from yesterday. The astros logo is indistinguishable.
mlbf_1563309583_th_45.jpg

For every solid decison like the retro classic series, we have the holiday themes that are destroying baseball

Last edited:
I looked around for that top hat a few weeks ago couldn't find it

Thanks for posting but... $300
roll.gif

That's a $40 hat tops
definitely agree its not worth $300, but apparently some people feel it is (check out the updated sizes on the yellow fitted  
nerd.gif
)

most I wouldve spent was $100 for the blue one

Back
Top Bottom