Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Man hatclub just cancelled my order for the 1 admirals hat I was able to grab. Honestly never been more bummed about not getting a hat. I'm about done with them.

#FOTD Chicago White Sox custom. Made this back in 2011. Light navy/white pinstripes crown, red visor, and a kelly under visor.
D9FB9634-EC9D-4A07-BDDE-484A9B516CF5.jpeg

Anyone speak in the quality of these? Haven’t bought a fitted in years but caught one of these and couldn’t resist. Am I missing something with NE not slapping their logo on here?

Anyone speak in the quality of these? Haven’t bought a fitted in years but caught one of these and couldn’t resist. Am I missing something with NE not slapping their logo on here?
Don't own that one specifically but it's likely just your traditional made in China 'custom'. Wool thats a tad slick. Crowns that are a tad boxy. It's the best available at the moment.
USA
CHINA WOOL
VIETNAM
BANGLADESH
HAITI
is how id currently rank overall production quality.

Many customs when they first got going did not have the ne side flag. That's a newer thing they've been pushing for every cap imaginable.
Here's a 2003 with it

And one that is tonal

You'll now find many customs with the patch on the wrong side too. So when you find one that has no flag, and patch on the right side, I'd buy it.

The disparity isn’t a matter of legit vs fake. From my understanding, new era/MLB sets the rules with what logos are available and such. These rules/guidelines can change monthly. Some Chinese factories may be running with old (yet totally accurate to on field specs) designs, but MLB or new era institutes new regulations. One of those is the side flag. It's crept up into Cooperstown caps many years back, and it hasn't let up.

Here's another example

For years, 97 ws patch was on the correct size
1a2c4622c2e5cf206f6b9a4647042501.png

Years later, It suddenly switched up
images

There's also the element of the person ordering the caps knowing how it should look and getting them to change. Some sellers just don't care. So there's that too.

I hear a lot of sellers saying it wasn't their fault. 'It's all they had available'.
Lastly, some stock images are computer generated. The side patch may likely be on the other side, like the first two links I posted. I wouldn't exactly spend $40 on a Chinese wool. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Ask them about wahoo. We're on different spectrums. Wahoo is extinct IMHO. You say they'll never die.

Ask them about wahoo. We're on different spectrums. Wahoo is extinct IMHO. You say they'll never die.

that was my second question. he said they are still available to order as long as they're da game one they were their last season or da throwback one with da worldseries patch from w/e year they made da world series. what they are no longer allowed to do is custom styles of Chief wahoo only persons that can still do custom Chief Wahoo's are in da city of Cleveland.

idont get it, what is this? has the newer authentic tags and sticker

is it a custom? high crown crap?

Custom? Yeah. High crown? Leaning towards yes. Crap? I would say that’s slightly leaning towards yes too. I have that cap. Mine are made in China though. That cap In the photo is made in Bangladesh. The fit and look is likely worse than imagined. I'm spend $19 tops on a cap of that caliber. The batterman is usually a good sign of the country of origin. The double outlined crap is usually overseas. Lately there's a batterman that's sort of missing his bill
2BED703B-0805-416E-A0FD-B30F9376257A.jpeg

That's on a Chinese custom. He has a old timey hat on or something.

I wouldn’t look too much into the authentic tags. Those tags seem to Indicate more when the cap was made than anything else. Same with the NE tags.

I have some older customs with the fly your own flag tagging from 2012-2015. They likely just used extra tags from the MLB authentic lineup. The tag in your link looks to be the newer era of NE tags. So it was likely made within the past 3-4 years. The one I have has FYOF tagging, so I can pinpoint it to earlier in time.

Back
Top Bottom