Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

3god 3god you have good tastes. Copy cat of what I strive for. I approve ten fold.you have good inspirations. Lol.

Where can I find usa made new era fitteds?
It’s tricky. You pretty much have to look at labels and know what to look for and just generally ask around.
Officially speaking, made in USA new eras went extinct around 2019 , when derby went under. But before thatX they are around. PM ME. Let me know what you’re looking for.

3god 3god you have good tastes. Copy cat of what I strive for. I approve ten fold.you have good inspirations. Lol.

It’s tricky. You pretty much have to look at labels and know what to look for and just generally ask around.
Officially speaking, made in USA new eras went extinct around 2019 , when derby went under. But before thatX they are around. PM ME. Let me know what you’re looking for.
I just read something on it the plant in derby closed down

2FD7B58D-EFC7-49E2-9723-F69537745432.jpeg

info?

I grabbed this one off Mercari around the time Covid was running rampant in NY and killing folk by the 1000’s. Hatclub later did one very similar with the team logo stitched in tonal on the side this one doesn’t have that. I’ve honestly never seen it prior to their release. Even tried searching for it elsewhere online .

So New Era no longer makes any caps in the USA?

If that is so, where are their current primary & secondary (if applicable) manufacturing facilities located?

wallyhopp wallyhopp

From my experience, Bangladesh is the primary factory bc almost 70% of my hats I order come from there. China is second and Haiti is the rarest one used.

In terms of overall construction, not a huge difference since the logos and patches are basically pre-made prior to the hat being put together in a factory.

But fit wise, Bangladesh usually has higher crown and somewhat boxy. China is a lower crown usually and fits slightly snugger. Made in Haiti is by far the worst fitting. If you put 10 Haiti made hats side by side they'd all fit differently

came upon this if not already posted:

but am still interested in your input wallyhopp wallyhopp
are you finding USA-FL caps in-store, etc.? If so, their quality compared to imports?
That link sums up a lot.
In the mlb contract, it stipulates that player worn on field hats need to be ‘made in the usa’. So new era brought in some Bangladesh/Chinese equipment and basically assembles pre made crowns and bills, and ‘makes them here’ in FL. It’s really a slime ball tactic that meets the bare minimum of made in usa

I have not seen any FL made caps in stores. A couple guys were finding dozens of the brown SD Padres in stores. But that’s honestly been it as I casually browse different sites. That link shows what is likely the last derby caps made, and a run of FL made caps that made it out into the wild.

95% of the FL made cap are getting into collectors hats via game worn auctions or fan fests. That’s been the only link and I don’t believe it’s worth the hassle.
Without rambling on too long, these FL made game worn caps are 99% identical to Bangladesh or China or Haiti. They aren’t special
1624558474153.jpeg

for the ones posting up FL made caps online, just like that link suggests, it was very hard to tell them apart from other Bangladesh or Chinese made caps. For all intents and purposes, they were identical. But some still want what the players are wearing. It’s just not the same anymore. I won’t seek out Florida made caps.

Last edited:
I have not seen any FL made caps in stores. A couple guys were finding dozens of the brown SD Padres in stores. But that’s honestly been it as I casually browse different sites. That link shows what is likely the last derby caps made, and a run of FL made caps that made it out into the wild.

95% of the FL made cap are getting into collectors hats via game worn auctions or fan fests. That’s been the only link and I don’t believe it’s worth the hassle.

Wow, sounds like acquiring an official on-field MLB cap (USA) has come full circle in a way...
like how difficult it used to be years ago to find an official on-field fitted...
a little different now though

Larry June Aux Pack San Francisco Giants

Attachments

• E8A97BF0-8F04-474D-AFF9-9D81E0A16765.jpeg
    E8A97BF0-8F04-474D-AFF9-9D81E0A16765.jpeg
    457.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 963C52FA-937D-4B56-9A39-2217026217C2.jpeg
    963C52FA-937D-4B56-9A39-2217026217C2.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 7
  • AD7A5530-F3E0-413F-A47A-26FF1D5B0445.jpeg
    AD7A5530-F3E0-413F-A47A-26FF1D5B0445.jpeg
    331.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 4983F093-B003-4D6F-919C-EFCE12C4B183.jpeg
    4983F093-B003-4D6F-919C-EFCE12C4B183.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 80
From my experience, Bangladesh is the primary factory bc almost 70% of my hats I order come from there. China is second and Haiti is the rarest one used.

In terms of overall construction, not a huge difference since the logos and patches are basically pre-made prior to the hat being put together in a factory.

But fit wise, Bangladesh usually has higher crown and somewhat boxy. China is a lower crown usually and fits slightly snugger. Made in Haiti is by far the worst fitting. If you put 10 Haiti made hats side by side they'd all fit differently
To jump on this comment and expand for green rhino123 green rhino123
I too see Bangladesh as the primary hub. Even just looking at on fields and not any customs, 8 out of 10 are coming from Bangladesh. China is losing lots of ground as #2. And don’t forget about Laos and Vietnam. All five (including Haiti) have factories.
It used to be USA and China only.

Bangladesh overall has greasier looking slick poly materials than China. China is definitely the new #1 for quality. I’d say Laos, Vietnam, and Haiti are a step below Bangladesh, but those three are quite obscure at the moment.

Here’s my pecking order
China wool
China poly
Bangladesh wool
Bangladesh poly
And the rest below this line
——
90% of what is coming out now is Bangladesh poly. It’s everywhere. Almost every custom uses it as well as mlb and Milb on fields.

Somewhat cap related,

The caps are dark navy and red (obviously taken from the Braves who were going to be the hosts).Just lazy NE. And they’re paired with purple stars. To make matters worse, for the first time in 90 years , the team will not wear their actual game uniforms. And umps will have ads on their uniforms starting asg weekend. We’re probably two years away from ads on hats.

To jump on this comment and expand for green rhino123 green rhino123
I too see Bangladesh as the primary hub. Even just looking at on fields and not any customs, 8 out of 10 are coming from Bangladesh. China is losing lots of ground as #2. And don’t forget about Laos and Vietnam. All five (including Haiti) have factories.
It used to be USA and China only.

Bangladesh overall has greasier looking slick poly materials than China. China is definitely the new #1 for quality. I’d say Laos, Vietnam, and Haiti are a step below Bangladesh, but those three are quite obscure at the moment.

Here’s my pecking order
China wool
China poly
Bangladesh wool
Bangladesh poly
And the rest below this line
——
90% of what is coming out now is Bangladesh poly. It’s everywhere. Almost every custom uses it as well as mlb and Milb on fields.

All on-field player worn fitteds (the FL USA ones) are poly, right?
Players aren't wearing wool on-field caps anymore are they? Or are they?

wallyhopp wallyhopp

All on-field player worn fitteds (the FL USA ones) are poly, right?
Players aren't wearing wool on-field caps anymore are they? Or are they?

wallyhopp wallyhopp
Officially speaking, the tags say polyester, but really the comparisons are close between Bangladesh wool and their poly, and the Florida made caps, who have all the same guts and pieces as overseas. Could they be lying and and using whatever at these factories, yes.

As far as player preference, I have no idea. Could their be a stash of black under wools from 2006 or before that had a side flag added? Maybe. Could players be using black nasties from a decade ago? Maybe.

although this did sort of play out a few years ago with the Marlins and their TBTC teal hats. Many suspected they were not using poly but instead the same wool from other teal caps. We may never know.

Never thought I’d see the day you’d need a bot to buy a damn cap 🤦🏾‍♂️ Then again never thought I’d be saying the same for kicks…

Past few weekend(s) wearer. My favorite nats hat ever
D7DF3805-6A99-45D3-AD5C-CC842F72E728.jpeg

06 on field grey under. MUSA. Wool.

some new pickups that happened all at once

hat heaven with some musts
1932 ball and stick logo appeared on their ws home jersey
Tonal flag. Grey under. Flat batterman. Black guts. 100% Bangladesh wool
1932 sox. No flag. Green under. No batterman. White guts. 100% Bangladesh wool.
1994 alternate D white tiger custom. Tonal flag.Grey under. Flat batterman. Black guts. 100% Bangladesh poly

E9CBEA30-3E9C-4494-AEFE-F360AF65532A.jpeg

ebay cheappie finds
1971 era 2005 cooperstown collection San Diego Padres road. No flag. No batterman. White guts. Green under. MUSA. 100% wool greatness.
02 era wahoo on field. Grey under. 100% wool. Usa
03-05 era brewers on field. Quite the interesting note. This one has a black under with white guts. 100% wool. MUSA.
and lastly a 06 era giants on field. MUSA
F6ECA0E8-F77C-4E55-8917-2217A9B7D0EC.jpeg

DFC830D4-80AE-4A0F-ABFE-D60E832BCFAC.jpeg

Not a visible side flag, side patch or crazy colored under to be seen. sorry guys.

To the credit of Bangladesh makers, I have yet to see weird or messed up center crown logo stitching. It’s not off center or missing stitches. I have also yet to see creased or smashed crowns. The crowns are high and boxy to a fault. They’re stiff and hitting most marks, so the Bangladesh hate isn’t always at the forefront.

Back
Top Bottom