Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Exclusive Fitted drop today @ 4pm PST.

Tigers gonna fly but imma try anyway.

B488973C-C56E-40AB-A609-6DB193D09314.jpeg
ABBEDFCD-D1FC-4910-A83D-DBB806356641.jpeg
E3E89F79-7F37-48DE-90D7-4C7AAC509AD6.jpeg
3837A2CA-AF14-4BFB-82C3-49C6F3B44D8C.jpeg
29A080CC-CBB9-4BB3-874F-408C22391384.jpeg
BF83779C-F517-467B-AC1D-E914AF1F84EA.jpeg

Crowbar Jones Crowbar Jones
90% of them are nearly perfect to spec (or specifications to that era). This includes a flat batterman, wool material , and no side flag at all (not even a tonal flag).
The other 10% features a extra thick batterman on the back and some even use Poly material

The tricky part is that once they alter from these set plain designs, they are forced into using a side flag. Some designs like the 94 alternate tigers that just got reintroduced isn’t considered a true cooperstown cap, so it has a tonal flag. And then once you get to different under colors, additional side patches, it all goes into its own umbrella. That’s been my interpretation.

many of the HC customs that are true to spec of an old classic were forced into getting a tonal flag. So it appears only a set amount of retro hats fall into this unique retro grey under umbrella. Sometimes it doesn’t make sense at all. You’ll see perfect retro style grey unders that have side flags, so it all sometimes means nothing if it feels random.

A year into buying fitteds again and I’m 6 duffles in…I don’t think there’s any “chill” any time soon 😂

Hat collecting is dangerous when you're a sneaker head because the current landscape of buying shoes makes it basically impossible to cop any kicks you want. But with hats you have a decent shot to at least grab a few that you want every week. So the ability to cop something you want when you can't get most shoes you want is a dangerous combo.

Crowbar Jones Crowbar Jones
90% of them are nearly perfect to spec (or specifications to that era). This includes a flat batterman, wool material , and no side flag at all (not even a tonal flag).
The other 10% features a extra thick batterman on the back and some even use Poly material

The tricky part is that once they alter from these set plain designs, they are forced into using a side flag. Some designs like the 94 alternate tigers that just got reintroduced isn’t considered a true cooperstown cap, so it has a tonal flag. And then once you get to different under colors, additional side patches, it all goes into its own umbrella. That’s been my interpretation.

many of the HC customs that are true to spec of an old classic were forced into getting a tonal flag. So it appears only a set amount of retro hats fall into this unique retro grey under umbrella. Sometimes it doesn’t make sense at all. You’ll see perfect retro style grey unders that have side flags, so it all sometimes means nothing if it feels random.
Thanks for this breakdown. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Wool Tigers cap. I really hope they release at some point All-star version (with the patch on the left side) from when the game was at Comerica. I still cannot understand why I didn't buy one at the time. Completely trolled myself

kobe24 kobe24 cap sliding is unfortunately the norm, with or without short hair. I think longer hair makes it worse. But it’s just a sizing issue overall. It’s been that way for decades, even with made in USA hats. I believe I have some hats I wear that fit better when my hair is shorter, and a rotation pile for when it’s longer. I have some super tight hats that still slide when my hair is longer. I can’t grasp the concept of why or what but just know that it happens. Some just wear them loose all around so there’s no fighting with the sweatband.

shortkid23 shortkid23 . They make hat size adjusters. But it’s truly just window insulation type foam that you add to the underside of the sweatband. I went to Walmart years ago and bought a few yards of extra thick felt.I just add a chunk in key spots and it helps a lot. And yea to the guy talking about getting it slightly wet and then letting it dry. I use my car trunk consistently.

Upptempo Upptempo this isn’t directed At anyone specifically . But I think the dangerous level is in how much disposable income most shoe collectors have. A $150 shoe is retail, with $500-$600 on the resell, so a cheap $30 fitted is nothing. And then it escalates. There’s a whole new mindset within the past year. $40 used to be the absolute end of the buying spectrum. Today, that’s just the start.
Watching eBay completed auctions, absolute random new ‘junk’ is going for $300. The average overall is now $65-$140 on resale. That’s nothing when it compares to shoes.
I guess what I’m saying is. When you’re dropping $300 on shoes, $75 on the resale for a cap that completes the look is pennies
It feels like the elite have entered the hobby and pushing the cheap dudes out.
3god 3god That sox is perfection. Grey under sends it to another level.

Watching eBay completed auctions, absolute random new ‘junk’ is going for $300. The average overall is now $65-$140 on resale. That’s nothing when it compares to shoes.

I don't know HOW people pay $150+ for a hat. I guess my brain is wired to thinking $150 = a pair of shoes. And the two aren't of equal value to me.

To each their own though, but I couldn't do it.

I don't know HOW people pay $150+ for a hat. I guess my brain is wired to thinking $150 = a pair of shoes. And the two aren't of equal value to me.

But to many, $400 is a pair of resale shoes, and $100 on a hat is a no brainer. So many have that automatic resell set in their mind on everything. Double retail without the trouble is good enough for so many on all fronts of resale.

Everything just goes up in scale. But I’m with you

generic shoes can go for $100, so a $35 hat is my comparable nature of it. $300 shoes for some and a $105 hat is that same comparison. It’s all ratio based but that’s how I see things.
You’re not dropping $150 on a hat unless you’re dropping $400 plus on a pair of kicks

Let me know if you find this or any Sox hat from this era in a 7 3/8. I can literally remember how perfect these fit me. I still have my original 2005 one with the felt WS patch, but it is done for.

I am actually on the hunt for this same hat in 1/8 - 3/8 myself lol. 1/8 I have to stretch, 1/4 and 3/8 are my typical sizes but very hard to find. Regardless, once I track mine down, I will keep you in mind!

I never do but you know I had to do it this once. Though it was $100. I figured I rarely buy hats so it balances it out. Excuse the nails, we’ve been in lockdown no need to be glamed up.

0D6BAD7A-F885-4818-989F-EB6016474780.jpeg
DF67ECCA-0474-4A88-9431-D599033B1DFB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom