Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Some mail calls. Still got one other pirates coming in and the HatClub pink lemonade Red Skins

ED75338F-6E4F-4778-AC7B-AD621E49CE8E.jpeg
BD49DEFF-7B39-453E-A8F6-98DF781CC925.jpeg
D0723A8F-B1B1-4906-AF8B-07A348B330CB.jpeg
A8CBB995-A943-4EEE-8FF5-1D586413FC5B.jpeg
ADAEC380-1F1F-45CA-A52B-EC60C46382CB.jpeg
B8529623-74BE-4C32-A204-D5A1FD35499D.jpeg

Has HC jumped the shark with their latest Cooperstown release? These caps are atrocious. They are designs from a year or so back. Neweracap and others have/had them. Just a bit of a PSA. These are not their designs but they're certainly selling them with the new upcharge in mind.

I thought HC was above buying these generic Cooperstown caps that lids and others have been doing for years. Is this to fill some inventory needs? Buy what you like obviously. Just know anything marked Cooperstown by them are likely some generic catalog pulls that they picked out apparently.

These designs and caps used to be laughed out of lids and bought for a deep discount, as HC was recreating these with no battermans or side flags. Just a very odd sighting for HC

New pickups
0B94D5AC-081E-4896-9B2D-0E4298697DB8.jpeg

Nothing fancy. A few retros from HH. Another patchless pickup
The Sox is the 1969 design but in today's colors. Cap is Chinese wool with grey under, black guts, tonal side flag, and flatish batterman. Decent B + on that one
Other two are your basic retro grey under Bangladesh wool caps. Kind of mediocre but will suffice.

Here's the collection in question
It feels like all these websites are getting some sort of weird forced overstock of inventory on these.
Crownminded and kochsports has some of these same in FSRs for $38-39. So yeah. I'm calling these other guys out. These neweracap/lids type hats are beyond OFF. So just a bit of a PSA. These caps aren't up to standard HC Cooperstown standards. So just a warning. Not sure what they are doing. Maybe pawning off old crap to unsuspecting buyers?

What I've been wearing this past week

99 original pirates alternate.
31906C7A-3787-483C-BBFC-9F1BE24A80F1.jpeg

Chinese poly HC angels custom
A9B11F2A-0A22-4486-A672-653B03FD302A.jpeg

Absolutely one of my favorite designs that I don't own enough of.

Last edited:
Here's the collection in question
It feels like all these websites are getting some sort of weird forced overstock of inventory on these.
Crownminded and kochsports has some of these same in FSRs for $38-39. So yeah. I'm calling these other guys out. These neweracap/lids type hats are beyond OFF. So just a bit of a PSA. These caps aren't up to standard HC Cooperstown standards. So just a warning. Not sure what they are doing. Maybe pawning off old crap to unsuspecting buyers?

What I've been wearing this past week

99 original pirates alternate.
31906C7A-3787-483C-BBFC-9F1BE24A80F1.jpeg

Chinese poly HC angels custom
A9B11F2A-0A22-4486-A672-653B03FD302A.jpeg

Absolutely one of my favorite designs that I don't own enough of.

I always felt the quality of Lids customs has been funny. I bought a custom Lids Oakland hat a few months ago and still haven't worn it because the quality of the logo and patch are bad. I don't understand how hatclub and Lids have their hats made in the same factories but when I get a HC hat the logos always feel crisper on customs than Lids

No joke Upptempo Upptempo I've talked with 3god 3god and these odd ball side flagged terrible generic customs have never been on HC until this week.

But the old lids had plenty of these Cooperstown caps with oddball mistakes. That was definitely the norm. Most of these dropped in price. So this feels way too odd. HC used to laugh at these exposed side flagged customs from lids

So it's true. They used to have a standard in place and I agree it was better

But these Cooperstown caps are beyond generic. I don't know why they have those up. Buyer beware.

This isn't some nerd weird musa grey under purist hating. These Cooperstown hats are legitimately generic and not to any measurably quality of what HC has done.

Very odd 4 plus websites are picking up on these now.

HC used to get approval to get all of these done right
The 1973 indians is wrong in the following ways:
Side flag shouldn't be there
Batterman (let alone a double batterman) shouldn't be there
Grey under shouldn't be there (should be green).

And yet they've done that style before perfectly. I think Mickey's place has one too.

Not sure if it's a lull, or sign of the times.

These generic designs have been around a 1-2 year plus

It shocked me enough to see this crap to wonder what's up. But I guess I'm the only wacko lol

Bruh.

Where are all these Dodgers with Olympic patches coming from?

looks like this one was a new patch that just got approved by NE. Seen another site also put a Dodgers hat out with this same patch. The Olympic patch 3 pack by Magpark they had done by an embroider of course since they weren’t approved by NE.

Last edited:
HC used to get approval to get all of these done right
The 1973 indians is wrong in the following ways:
Side flag shouldn't be there
Batterman (let alone a double batterman) shouldn't be there
Grey under shouldn't be there (should be green).

And yet they've done that style before perfectly. I think Mickey's place has one too.

Not sure if it's a lull, or sign of the times.

These generic designs have been around a 1-2 year plus

It shocked me enough to see this crap to wonder what's up. But I guess I'm the only wacko lol
Buddy on live said it would be a slow down on hats the next 2-3 months cause of COVID. I’m guessing they bought a bunch of them Cooperstown hats from new era warehouse just to have some new on the site.

Yoooooo 😂 MFs camped out since yesterday 3pm for this thing and i walked in to a locker Room of Downey just to check it today around 12:45pm and they still had a box of em. Had to scoop with the quickness and you know i had to pop an HC pin on it 😎
E6A6E540-04DC-4B21-BD7C-1C77EC164742.jpeg
FA35655F-DB18-4F0A-B079-A086157B1356.jpeg
997BDC00-6A62-4739-B89B-01E91FE62506.jpeg

Missing 1 pirates that’s getting delivered today

4D17A88E-CB29-4EF0-A37D-50AD1DBA0641.jpeg

Last edited:
looks like this one was a new patch that just got approved by NE. Seen another site also put a Dodgers hat out with this same patch. The Olympic patch 3 pack by Magpark they had done by an embroider of course since they weren’t approved by NE.

Gotcha, thanks. Guess I'll keep my eye out. Hopefully more rolls out.

Yoooooo 😂 MFs camped out since yesterday 3pm for this thing and i walked in to a locker Room of Downey just to check it today around 12:45pm and they still had a box of em. Had to scoop with the quickness and you know i had to pop an HC pin on it 😎
E6A6E540-04DC-4B21-BD7C-1C77EC164742.jpeg
FA35655F-DB18-4F0A-B079-A086157B1356.jpeg
997BDC00-6A62-4739-B89B-01E91FE62506.jpeg

Missing 1 pirates that’s getting delivered today

4D17A88E-CB29-4EF0-A37D-50AD1DBA0641.jpeg
That price went up real quick! It’s become the norm to pay retail at about $60 nowadays.

That price went up real quick! It’s become the norm to pay retail at about $60 nowadays.

yeah i heard they raised prices last drop or the one before. It is what it is. I’m just glad i paid under $100 for this. Most were going for $150+ on secondary

even lids in store is $47 by me thank god for the member access.

mlb, new era and lids still have em $40 but yeah most shops are $50-65 now.

Buddy on live said it would be a slow down on hats the next 2-3 months cause of COVID. I’m guessing they bought a bunch of them Cooperstown hats from new era warehouse just to have some new on the site.
Ouch. I know the turnaround on caps is 3-4 months (for original type/special releases). So yeah. I can see them ordering some junk to fill in the gaps. I still think those designs need to be called out (especially that price point).

I wonder how bad it’s gonna get for inventory. Are they expecting a lull? The past 7 months has been crazy with many new players selling caps. I tried to keep track of all the websites, and sort of sorted it by cap price at a certain point. HC for the longest time was selling below everyone else.
question for all
Highest price you’ve paid on a fitted?
Me. $56 just a few months back. Never thought I’d eclipse $50, so I’m just as guilty as some of y’all. Just two years back, wool originals were sitting for $30 shipped.

Not long ago, on fields were $34.99, then new era decides to close derby to save money, and they double dipped and raised prices to $38, and then to $40 not long after. I think caps were $34.99 for a solid 5 year window
Now it’s anything goes. More power to some of you dropping $100 on Bangladesh cardboard

question for all
Highest price you’ve paid on a fitted?
Me. $56 just a few months back. Never thought I’d eclipse $50, so I’m just as guilty as some of y’all. Just two years back, wool originals were sitting for $30 shipped.

Not long ago, on fields were $34.99, then new era decides to close derby to save money, and they double dipped and raised prices to $38, and then to $40 not long after. I think caps were $34.99 for a solid 5 year window
Now it’s anything goes. More power to some of you dropping $100 on Bangladesh cardboard
looked into my email really quick, i thought it was my rocafella yankee by tmark at 82 but it was actually my joe fresh goods dodger cap :blush:

gonna wear it today to reflect on how i paid 88 shipped for a damn baseball cap :lol:
20210815_170804.jpg

20210815_170653.jpg

People pay more for other things we might not be interested in. Everyone’s hobby is different and are willing to pay the up charge. It may not be for you (generally speaking) so to each its own. With that being said, I’ve paid the high for 3 specific which I’m not necessarily proud of but oh well I own them now 😂

Back
Top Bottom