Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

HC Astros/Oilers

Attachments

• 1FE28DCB-F745-4575-960C-843B900576D6.jpeg
    1FE28DCB-F745-4575-960C-843B900576D6.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 3EE1BCEE-3380-48EF-8A05-D8EA49313A30.jpeg
    3EE1BCEE-3380-48EF-8A05-D8EA49313A30.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 972A26D9-4D01-449E-BDD1-955CFA677416.jpeg
    972A26D9-4D01-449E-BDD1-955CFA677416.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 71
Are pickups and available caps in a slowdown stall phase?

I’m definitely in my own slowdown. Just going for select caps, not duplicates of caps I only wear once every six months. Although overall selection and inventory is lacking big time. More buyers than sellers? Prices are insane too. Maybe the caps are just but I’m just passing on them instantly because of their price?

Been on the hunt for a usa made California angels retro cap for years now. Finally found a 2005 era cooperstown cap. No side flag:no batterman:green under
7D7C69CD-D2BA-4D85-9500-6CAECE715DBB.jpeg

Hey gang, there's a 2018 Heritage Series Retro Crown cap I want to get but it's a 2 sizes smaller than I wear (only one I can find close to my size). I know you can generally stretch a 59/50 1-2 sizes without much issue, but does anyone know if the floppier structure and different material for these "vintage" style hats make it any easier or harder to stretch a full 1/4 inch?

Hey gang, there's a 2018 Heritage Series Retro Crown cap I want to get but it's a 2 sizes smaller than I wear (only one I can find close to my size). I know you can generally stretch a 59/50 1-2 sizes without much issue, but does anyone know if the floppier structure and different material for these "vintage" style hats make it any easier or harder to stretch a full 1/4 inch?
this guy here recommends doing the stretch with this head protector thingy so that the shape can remain intact

step 3

not gonna lie i may have stretched out one of my caps a little too much and it's shaped all funny :lol: doesn't eem look right with it on my head
im considering buying the bump cap insert for this only reason :lol:
but like only for shaping, not rocking my cap with thang in thurr

Much like what lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket states and linked to, I think the biggest issue at hand will be the lack of a sturdy crown on the retro crown. When stretching it, it may turn the entire cap too shallow (unless you like that dad cap shallow look). Much like shoes, many components are measured and made differently. A 7 1/2 bill may be a tad shorter than a size 8 bill. Same with the crown paneling. I’ve actually found older hats much easier to stretch. It all starts with how the sweatband is constructed.

this guy here recommends doing the stretch with this head protector thingy so that the shape can remain intact

step 3

not gonna lie i may have stretched out one of my caps a little too much and it's shaped all funny :lol: doesn't eem look right with it on my head

Wow. I never thought of actually stretching the back too. This guy takes fitting and stretching to all new levels. For me, if the crown is junk, I’ll just wear and hope it fits through wear and tear. I have yet to get out a steamer or steam water and reshape an entire hat. The back sagging issue is a non issue for me. That tends to perk up when you wear it. High Elmer fudd crowns are almost impossible to properly shape without many hours of work. I never found it worth my time to do that. So you’ll see me in a lot of style of caps. Not every cap is created equally or the same, so to force that same crown and fit is a bit OCD, but appreciated. Maybe I’ll get there one day.

Now I will stretch a hat for days or weeks so I can wear it. But beyond that, if it fits I’ll deal with the crown shape and such. I can’t be that picky. Blow drying a high crown and reshaping it downward is enticing but like I said, maybe one day I’ll get there.

I guess my main issue with the above is, why buy inferior crap and spend 7-8 hours to get it just right when you can buy the real deal for less than current retail?
Two new pickups
07 Braves usa made original authentic
05 brewers USA made original authentic
09BCE774-B26C-4A1F-8F09-A5866E748AD9.jpeg
4953C7AD-BA40-430F-AE7F-5BAC108EF381.jpeg
90C4352F-AF40-4BF0-B6F2-E4001512EEA9.jpeg

step 3

Much like what lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket states and linked to, I think the biggest issue at hand will be the lack of a sturdy crown on the retro crown. When stretching it, it may turn the entire cap too shallow (unless you like that dad cap shallow look). Much like shoes, many components are measured and made differently. A 7 1/2 bill may be a tad shorter than a size 8 bill. Same with the crown paneling. I’ve actually found older hats much easier to stretch. It all starts with how the sweatband is constructed.

Wow. I never thought of actually stretching the back too. This guy takes fitting and stretching to all new levels. For me, if the crown is junk, I’ll just wear and hope it fits through wear and tear. I have yet to get out a steamer or steam water and reshape an entire hat. The back sagging issue is a non issue for me. That tends to perk up when you wear it. High Elmer fudd crowns are almost impossible to properly shape without many hours of work. I never found it worth my time to do that. So you’ll see me in a lot of style of caps. Not every cap is created equally or the same, so to force that same crown and fit is a bit OCD, but appreciated. Maybe I’ll get there one day.

Now I will stretch a hat for days or weeks so I can wear it. But beyond that, if it fits I’ll deal with the crown shape and such. I can’t be that picky. Blow drying a high crown and reshaping it downward is enticing but like I said, maybe one day I’ll get there.

I guess my main issue with the above is, why buy inferior crap and spend 7-8 hours to get it just right when you can buy the real deal for less than current retail?
Two new pickups
07 Braves usa made original authentic
05 brewers USA made original authentic

Thanks guys - yeah, I was planning on trying that hat jack to stretch the hat if I get it. And yeah I think the floppy look will be good, because it'a a retro '50s wool cap, so it'll fit the period's aesthetic.

Back
Top Bottom