Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

oceanawith1.jpg
oceanawith2.jpg

Anyone with older wool on fields know how common this is?
I can’t tell you if I bought it this way or if it naturally faded but at the fold of the crown (from where it’s naturally stacked and stored), there is some slight discoloration/sun fading

I guess be careful these days buying older caps. It only tends to appear on these lighter navy Indians caps
2F84A255-F78F-41B2-AB7E-0E24B8262D74.jpeg

Anyone with experience on display caps fading? How long do you think this could realistically take to happen?
I’m wondering if it’s my storage conditions or how I bought it. I’m having the worst luck lately finding these color oddities on caps.

A part of me is wondering if the light navy wool circa 2001-2006 lends itself to ‘bleeding’? I’m only truly seeing this on the light navy caps that I own (both the smaller wahoo and the cursive I onfields).

How are you storing them?

I've got a bunch of '94 Goldeyes hats in the same navy and haven't seen it happen to any of mine, and they're kept inside the cardboard New Era boxes in the closet far from any natural light.

How are you storing them?

I've got a bunch of '94 Goldeyes hats in the same navy and haven't seen it happen to any of mine, and they're kept inside the cardboard New Era boxes in the closet far from any natural light.
Those are ‘in the rotation’ hats, so it’s usually easy access on an open face shelf covered by a thick beach towel to prevent too much dusk building up. Easy enough to flip up the towel and grab a hat to wear. I’d say they’re 95-99% protected from any sun or light. My non rotation caps are in cardboard boxes or storage bins with towels/layers covering any ounce of light that may come it’s way at the creases. Nothing is really open like the display caps at stores.

I have another light navy Indians that’s stored along side the ones that are faded, and it’s not faded. I’m guessing I just bought it this way years back and it’s not so much something I did. I do wonder how long it takes to get a cap faded from being displayed.

Of about 100 in my rotation caps, 3 of the 5 that are faded are light navy Indians. That’s why I sort of made the post. It struck me as odd. Maybe there was a defect in that color way back when and it was prone to fading too quickly? I’ll have to check some light navy caps in storage and see what they’re up to.
—————
From out of the graveyard and onto caps some 30 odd years later, new era brought back their nfl city originals collection
https://www.neweracap.com/pages/search-results?q=City+originals+fitted+

Years back, new era and the nfl teamed up and tried to go MLB with nfl logos and get some interlocking team logos going. Some are better than others. It appears they mostly got them all right design wise then versus now.

The cardinals cap was a Phoenix P and C. They altered it to a A and C. Likewise with the San Diego chargers. They altered the original logo and added a LA instead of a SD.

The raiders cap seems wrong though. The original logo was more of a cutoff raider within an R in front of a silver shield , not an R behind their normal logo.
19376F94-6FCF-4708-97BE-D5318411BB82.jpeg
E70334FF-C1BD-44D3-BA82-377C7D97B2E2.jpeg

A couple of teams are missing
Washington
Ny jets
Atlanta falcons

The saints and Seahawks are two of my favorites

NT fam!

Short notice, but me and Hood Hoprz are dropping my fourth fitted tomorrow!

Photo 2023-07-10, 10 26 18 PM.jpg
This *wink wink* academically inspired *nudge nudge* Buffalo Bisons, still ties back to home as the oldest of my younger cousins recently graduated and earned her Iron Ring in Engineering.

The Iron Ring is a ring worn by many Canadian-trained engineers, as a symbol and reminder of the obligations and ethics associated with their profession.

Absolutely couldn't be more proud of her.

OUT NOW online and in-store Wednesday at 1348 Main St. if any remain.

Sidenote: Unfortunately, I don't have this one in hand yet, so I'm not sure about material and country.

Photo 2023-07-10, 10 18 24 PM.jpg

Last edited:
^wow. Didn’t think those would fly as fast as they did

I see HC did a PNW green upper/navy two tone with a king dome side patch. Also their Royal blue and school bus yellow late 80s color scheme. Solid stuff. The teal upper Griffey hrd cap never seems to get released in great enough quantities or fashion. I guess it makes sense. It released in 94 as a road alternate, and it was basically gone by 1994 (officially by 1997). You would be hard pressed to find more than 3 photos of the team in actual in game action with those teal
Upper caps yet it’s easily the most visible cap of that Griffey hrd era
37A00EB5-616B-4C72-AA5D-D49952AEE19B.jpeg
679A8400-6289-4F1D-8FF2-589E7741573F.jpeg

In a sense it’s like lebron winning a ring in those ugly tshirt jerseys in Cleveland. Historically insignificant jersey/apparel items worn during a big event type moment

I’ve never understood why they don’t fully embrace the pnw green upper caps. They have a navy/pnw green on field already, and tons of their gear is that shade of aqua/green. Retros never seem to get the right shade of aqua though. Big pet peeve.

New pickup
Xhibition had a 35% off sale last week.
This one was on the radar.
I was too cheap to buy the HC version so this will suffice.
$10 plus $10 shipping. I’ll take it.
C1AF34B3-E471-4690-80DA-C3CB10105279.jpeg
0B783D89-7152-4D99-BFB3-C15A43DA19F2.jpeg

Cleveland guardians alternate red custom
Made in china
Visible side flag
Current thicker batterman
Not quite Kelly green/forest green uv
White sweatband
This is a first though
The crown is 100% poly
The bill is 100% wool
Both are basically the typical sport red color
I’ve had caps where the second color is maybe a different material but never a cap of the same color with two different materials. Not sure what’s going on there.

Retros never seem to get the right shade of aqua though. Big pet peeve.

This could be because the swatches in the digital book aren't accurate to what they are in real life. :lol:

(But in all seriousness, maybe between the poly and the wool, the 100% correct shade just doesn't exist anymore? Not factual, just a guess)

I’ve noticed that shades are differentiate from country to country.
The problem with Northwest Teal is that they don’t having a matching thread color for the eyelets. So when you see the thread and crown it’s never the same.

ATL.
96FD9DDA-2A6A-4A66-B514-EDC9C0A8CDCA.jpeg

EF9D47F2-9B46-45E1-8323-6B63BF3128D0.jpeg
C4D8D5E2-3F19-4068-819B-2E711383C665.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom