Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

IMG_5053.jpeg

IMG_5021.jpeg

Eightones doing an Astroworld (not travis scott but real old school astroworld) six flags series. The viper dropped last night. Still a fsr shock drop.

"Spirit of the viper"
Cant wait to see whats next I've chopped it with the designer a few times. Cool guy but love how hes tied some sort of houston history in his cws if you're not from Houston you may not get it... he's breaking my wallet though.
PhotoRoom-20230408_023707.png

Screenshot_20230407_173447_Instagram.jpg

Like this it's fire as hell but a bit loud for me. I'll probably rock it once if at all, I will have the whole astroworld collection though!

Just closed on my fitst home a 2 bedroom condo Friday. So until I decide to rent it or need money, its gonna be a game/display room with my hats Jordans and Rockets/Astros championship stuff etc.
eightone
"Chocolate cake"
Came ih" the chocolate milk UV is so sick, he doesnt say but I kinda feel like might have inspired this one
house-of-pies-exterior-3.jpeg
PhotoRoom-20230409_184907 (1).png
PhotoRoom-20230409_185107.png

Paid cash with my inheritance my best friend was my realtor the market is so bad right now he said my condo sold 5 times but fell through in financing before me for $100,000.
it was listed 95.
Since I paid cash and they were desperate. I'll not say what I paid but l will say under 80k they made 3k in repairs I asked for after the inspection the only thing they absolutely refused to do was replace the dishwasher. Lol I did get them to leave the fridge. I'm now a homeowner... Well townhome.
pdl23tp (14).jpg
pdl23tp (1).jpg
pdl23tp (7).jpg
pdl23tp (12).jpg

Not my pics these were on ziwhereor something where I filound it.
I'll start moving in this week. Bittersweet moment I had no family alive to see me own... not rent. But man I feel like I accomplished a top 3 goal in life.

Bought a ton of hats with money I saved I budgeted for 100k so ya. I bought a looooot of hats. BRB later with some pics.

Last edited:
Eightones doing an Astroworld (not travis scott but real old school astroworld) six flags series. The viper dropped last night. Still a fsr shock drop.

"Spirit of the viper"
Cant wait to see whats next I've chopped it with the designer a few times. Cool guy but love how hes tied some sort of houston history in his cws if you're not from Houston you may not get it... he's breaking my wallet though.
PhotoRoom-20230408_023707.png

Screenshot_20230407_173447_Instagram.jpg

Like this it's fire as hell but a bit loud for me. I'll probably rock it once if at all, I will have the whole astroworld collection though!

Just closed on my fitst home a 2 bedroom condo Friday. So until I decide to rent it or need money, its gonna be a game/display room with my hats Jordans and Rockets/Astros championship stuff etc.
eightone
"Chocolate cake"
Came ih" the chocolate milk UV is so sick, he doesnt say but I kinda feel like might have inspired this one
house-of-pies-exterior-3.jpeg
PhotoRoom-20230409_184907 (1).png
PhotoRoom-20230409_185107.png

Paid cash with my inheritance my best friend was my realtor the market is so bad right now he said my condo sold 5 times but fell through in financing before me for $100,000.
it was listed 95.
Since I paid cash and they were desperate. I'll not say what I paid but l will say under 80k they made 3k in repairs I asked for after the inspection the only thing they absolutely refused to do was replace the dishwasher. Lol I did get them to leave the fridge. I'm now a homeowner... Well townhome.
pdl23tp (14).jpg
pdl23tp (1).jpg
pdl23tp (7).jpg
pdl23tp (12).jpg

Not my pics these were on ziwhereor something where I filound it.
I'll start moving in this week. Bittersweet moment I had no family alive to see me own... not rent. But man I feel like I accomplished a top 3 goal in life.

Bought a ton of hats with money I saved I budgeted for 100k so ya. I bought a looooot of hats. BRB later with some pics.
Congrats!

Eightone doing too much imo. Feel like they are releasing anything and everything weekly but I guess that’s the market at this time. Flood some hats and make what you can now while this fitted frenzy is in.

Saw they were listed for $520 here. Really wish we could of purchased individually. Really wanted a Yankee one and maybe that White Sox one.

Yeah I think im good with the ebbets drop

I have a half dozen of their college/minor league releases. It’s a tough hat to wear. From the floppy crown to smaller all around profile, it’s just different.

I swear retail used to be $45, then $50, and now $54. I guess special releases are closer to $65? The wool is fuzzy and soft for sure. I’m just more of a fan of the structured look

Finally got around to breaking this out
Instead of Impulse buys (like the ebbets drop), I went with an impulse new wear
It’s the capsule 1942 Boston Braves cooperstown release from a year or two back
7135972A-886F-462F-95B1-9629A6B18D94.jpeg

2E4EBC8E-9BA9-48A5-B29D-1686CA5D79BB.jpeg
It’s Detroit tigers meets Birmingham barons
Navy blue crown
Kelly green under
No side flag/ no batterman
White sweatband
100% Chinese wool

i don't partiularly care for wool hats so i'm really good on all those
Do you mean the ultra visibly fuzzy ‘wool’ caps that ebbets does? After all, about half the new new eras out there are technically wool, with the other half being poly (polyester). Todays just don’t seem to look all that great and textured.

I’ll pull out a ebbets sometime this week and compare it to 80s new era wool, 90s wool, 2010s poly, and todays era of caps. Todays caps have a truly slick appearance. I feel we’ve forgotten what caps are supposed to feel and look like.

Ebbets wool is at one extreme, while todays ‘wool’ are at the other end of the texture spectrum. Meeting in the middle would be my ideal

Todays new era wool and poly are nearly identical in appearance, so it’s hard to have a preference there imho. Frankly ebbets puts new eras materials to shame considering both now retail in and around $50. New eras shouldn’t lack texture but I guess that’s where we are now land it’s preferred by many. Weird times.

Do you mean the ultra visibly fuzzy ‘wool’ caps that ebbets does? After all, about half the new new eras out there are technically wool, with the other half being poly (polyester). Todays just don’t seem to look all that great and textured.

I’ll pull out a ebbets sometime this week and compare it to 80s new era wool, 90s wool, 2010s poly, and todays era of caps. Todays caps have a truly slick appearance. I feel we’ve forgotten what caps are supposed to feel and look like.

Ebbets wool is at one extreme, while todays ‘wool’ are at the other end of the texture spectrum. Meeting in the middle would be my ideal

Todays new era wool and poly are nearly identical in appearance, so it’s hard to have a preference there imho. Frankly ebbets puts new eras materials to shame considering both now retail in and around $50. New eras shouldn’t lack texture but I guess that’s where we are now land it’s preferred by many. Weird times.

Maybe? I just feel like wool is “flimsy” compared to poly. At least on the few hats i own. I like how the hat feels in poly and the shape it maintains.

Ive gotten asdicted ti buying these old "5950" caps on ebay Since the old scool stuff popped up this just landed yesterday Real old school The "5950" pro model stole it on ebay $29.99 for the Oilers, scooped the Rockets second one from the 100% wool 5950 era $59 first I paid $75 DS with hangtags still. I bought too many 19.99 ds old schools on ebay to justify every paying that for a group of hays or not most expensive one was $39.99 I look for the og 100% wool on ebay and new era is my preference got some more somewhere and then all the hwc remakes the 5950 100 wool is amazingly soft but at in stupid good condition need to find me an astros from around this era to display now.
20221217_072849.jpg
20221217_072858.jpg
20221217_073221.jpg
20221217_072915.jpg
Resized_20230410_191236.jpeg
Resized_20230410_191305.jpeg
Resized_20230410_191552_26996188392511.jpeg
Resized_20230410_191536_27015940509430.jpeg

You guys into the old fitted what yeats are these from I'm figuring late 80s early 90s?.? Anyone know for sure?

Back
Top Bottom