Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg

how long before ebbets moves away from usa manufacturing? Does anyone own any of their other gear?

Their normal crown customs seem okay (maybe a tad below new era).
I see they have custom shorts and mesh jersey tshirts now. They’re inching very close to being a lifestyle brand , or along the lines of a Mitchell and ness.

Why would ebbets need 47 branding for a fanatics owned company launch? I’m sort of lost on why they only had the ability to do one hat per team for just 16 teams. They made it seem like a one off
I do like their newer and better variety of college caps. I need to jump on a few before the usa materials and manufacturing ends. It’s gotta be close.

snkrfollower snkrfollower do you own any of their other/older wool caps? I wonder how this new run compares to the older stuff. They have to be running low on the older era wool materials too. I know they said the Yankees ebbets may never be able to be recreated again with that base grey pinstripe wool.

This sucks

Check and inspect your hats
I bought this retro 1999 tigers off of 4ucaps last year and never noticed until today
84CE2A3C-30BF-439C-A6CF-16FB5E26A747.jpeg

The front crown is darker than the rest of the hat. I’ve only ever seen this with a usa made defective IRREGULAR hat made out of derby. This one hailed from China. Supposedly wool. I also have a few that are black in color. This isn’t a black front crown. It’s still dark navy but the other elements are lighter navy. I don’t think it’s an age thing, as the front bill is lighter navy. It’s literally just the front logo section that’s off

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I can’t unsee this huge miscue lol.

BtownKj BtownKj where is that mariners from? Is that a black crown?
It has all the elements of their late 90s era compass alternate cap mixed with their typical on field S. My type of mashup.

how long before ebbets moves away from usa manufacturing? Does anyone own any of their other gear?

Their normal crown customs seem okay (maybe a tad below new era).
I see they have custom shorts and mesh jersey tshirts now. They’re inching very close to being a lifestyle brand , or along the lines of a Mitchell and ness.

Why would ebbets need 47 branding for a fanatics owned company launch? I’m sort of lost on why they only had the ability to do one hat per team for just 16 teams. They made it seem like a one off
I do like their newer and better variety of college caps. I need to jump on a few before the usa materials and manufacturing ends. It’s gotta be close.

snkrfollower snkrfollower do you own any of their other/older wool caps? I wonder how this new run compares to the older stuff. They have to be running low on the older era wool materials too. I know they said the Yankees ebbets may never be able to be recreated again with that base grey pinstripe wool.

This sucks

I bought this retro 1999 tigers off of 4ucaps last year and never noticed until today

The front crown is darker than the rest of the hat. I’ve only ever seen this with a usa made defective IRREGULAR hat made out of derby. This one hailed from China. Supposedly wool. I also have a few that are black in color. This isn’t a black front crown. It’s still dark navy but the other elements are lighter navy. I don’t think it’s an age thing, as the front bill is lighter navy. It’s literally just the front logo section that’s off

It has all the elements of their late 90s era compass alternate cap mixed with their typical on field S. My type of mashup.
Pretty sure the only other OG Ebbets cap I have is a Montreal Royals fitted, which is fantastic. Not a huge fan of the satin UV they swear by for all their caps, but I have no idea if that's how it used to be back in the 40s-50s. I did pick up one of the Ebbets x Lids HD Negro League caps from a few weeks ago ("Walk-Off Wool" - I got the Monarchs one) which is also great, but that's obviously a 5950-type build and it has a suede UV. I like the suede more than the satin, tbh.

I'll compare the MTL Royals cap with the Dodgers one later, but I do think the Dodgers' wool fabric is thinner than the Royals one. I'd actually be hesitant to wear the Royals in the summer it's so thick.

Btw, with your Tigers, it almost looks like the front fabric is a tighter knit, maybe? Almost like they embroidered the front two panels with the team logo in one batch and then assembled the hat using a second, slightly looser-stitched fabric for the rest of the crown and bill, maybe because of whatever side patch (or lack thereof) they wanted to use with it.

This sucks

Like an unintentional Ty sneaky two-tone. :lol:

New wear
Finally broke this guy out
Late 2021 hat heaven released this. Cleveland indians alternate I- two tone custom
Made in China wool
Tonal flag/ Flat batterman/ Black sweatband
CD051315-52E0-4AB5-9813-3F5EFAF2AC8A.jpeg

The Indians had both a light navy with white accents on field as well as a dark navy with silver accents on field. This one twists up the silver accented alternate of the early 2000s and puts it on a two tone cap.

I hesitated but did pull the trigger on a few HH sale caps. Ended up with a $16.67/cap average. Not bad
C8EE8062-38A0-46C6-91D1-638F37A21FED.jpeg
4D15D9D2-2D3E-4BF6-81EC-85C2F096E5BF.jpeg
AE69A87E-7668-494C-9360-E0E68AF26E19.jpeg
BA4A3D09-C02B-4FB1-BDCB-C0FED3B73576.jpeg

Quick review
This is a first I believe
The Cws cap and brewers are both made in Laos. The Indians is made in Haiti. Is China/Bangladesh out? I had some initial fears. But these caps fit great. The CWS hat is shaped a bit more top hat heavy. But your Indians and brewers are frankly awesome. Maybe my $17/hat average is skewing things. Haiti wool seems to have some actual texture/fuzz. This cooperstown Indians hat is the one you see all over the internet from multiple sellers (HC has is for $25 I believe).

All three have black sweatbands and grey unders
The Indians has the ugly double border batterman, while the other two have the sleeker HC STYLE custom batterman
The Indians has a visible side flag that I’m removing this weekend. I’ll document it here. The other two are tonal side flags
Very nice details on the side patches.
Historically, the brewers never wore this darker shade of navy. I knew this coming in. I like the switch up though.

Very small sample size but I’m liking these Laos and Haiti caps much more than Bangladesh and China. The China wool caps have the flimsy white sweatband with the double set of stitching around the band on later releases. All three of these are your more traditional Canvas type poly material. None are too shallow on your head (like the recent on fields I’ve experienced) nor are they too roomy like many customs thst swallow onto your head
B+ on all of these

nothingbutnike nothingbutnike
The new era mold/shape is very hard to emulate. Adidas, Nike, under armor have all sort of tried. 47 brand had fitteds for college caps years ago too. Those were more like m&n. And of course Mitchell and ness (who has that square brim and boxy crown look). That ebbets looks very much like a regular 5950 custom. There were also a number of college on fields from multiple makers who sort of tried to get the new era look but never got it right. Ebbets got it right try #1.

I wish they did normal crowns with everything they make. I can’t really do the old floppy crown too often. I actually added in a cardboard crown insert to prop up the crown a bit. It works.
Ebbets does custom orders for folks too. This guy got 30 or so of these made a few years back (photo from eBay)
58849006-D99D-4A2D-97B9-8DEBD2BC5F69.png
5A06FB04-7510-4320-9AE1-A4C4AA01F7E0.png
DCD09B74-A565-4250-91E1-36474CD03719.png
0E21671E-AA98-4079-BB87-A182F781B3C3.png

Stiff crown ebbets caps can exist. They pretty much emulate the older era of new eras. Im not sure why those never took off.

Lids and ebbets got together a few years back and did a normal crown milb collection

There’s a great photo of the lids HD Baltimore elite giants ebbets walk off collection online. Wool with suede

Ebbets had every opportunity to jump in when HC couldn’t get usa made caps made anymore. But eff didn’t do that.

For ebbets, Just make normal crown of every milb and mlb retro hat around and you’ve got a winning combo. Then again, if they’re messing up on this smaller ebf 47 sixteen cap mlb run, then who knows.

My latest Indians has been deflagged. Took longer than I initially wanted. But the results are decent. It now reflects more of a tonal flag than no flag. But only in the most extreme lighting conditions is it totally noticeable

Before
4B82D4C6-A289-45FF-B6E3-7DD2DE5243ED.jpeg

After
32EB40A9-43A1-46FF-973D-42A03AA09D13.jpeg

Use a seam ripper and rip from both the front and back side. Time to complete here was two hours. One could probably take half that time but I was watching a movie and not totally focusing.
One hint: there’s a underlying single stitch that’s under the flag that ties this whole stitch job together. You’ll need to cut that before there’s any give. Pull too hard and you can create a hole. Take your time.

Last edited:
Havin trouble coppin on topperz.

Says they can’t deliver to my address for some reason.

Any of you ever run into this?

It was from hat dreams. I missed the initial release and original restock and caught it on a late night second restock. Canceled a hat club order to get it as I know the designer and wanted to support his work. He hooked it to Ichiro. The hats nickname was the wizard.

Decided to take a collection pic of my Mariners collection this weekend.
IMG_5492.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom