Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Happy Cincinnati Day
IMG_5730.jpeg

For me, at least, the bulbous crown dont work for my face idk. All the caps I dont care for the fit I noticed are bang.
Ok yeah I'm pretty nit-picky about fitment as well. I typically only wear my fitteds backwards and the the shape and fit is pretty consistent throughout my collection, thankfully.

For me, at least, the bulbous crown dont work for my face idk. All the caps I dont care for the fit I noticed are bang.
China can tend to have more of a top hat look too. Some are worse than others for both China and Bangladesh. Some are more bulbous than others for Bangladesh. I’m not sure which looks worse. Then again, my sample size is smaller and I tend to stick with mostly original type retro colors. Some of the other colors and combos could definitely be worse

Those topperzusa caps look nasty to me looks wise. But I could be guessing wrong and those could very well be China made caps. When a cap is off, it’s off. More than likely you’re right, it’s the Bangladesh one that’s consistently worse

Sizing is all over the place though. It makes buying online nearly impossible. I don’t know why I continue to do it.
———
HH got me again with some recent clearance items. But first I had to break out this WS cap from a prior HH purchase. Now that I’ll be getting two, it’s easier to wear and mess with the first one

1969 Chicago white sox retro recreation using current team colors and Kelly green under
Made in China/ 100% wool/ flat batterman/ tonal side flag
8A8498D5-FCA0-433C-A5D0-8A295B6328F7.jpeg

F6EB954C-E314-43FB-B672-E7F1E8647BA5.jpeg

Truly my type of custom. The team wore royal blue, then red and then navy in this design with a green under back (they switched to grey at a certain point) in the 70s. Unlike 90% of the teams who had green unders until 92-94, the WS never had green with their current SOX design. So this is sort of a perfect custom in that regard. I wish more designers or stores would go this route. Just give me a current on field design with a grey or green under. I don’t need anything fancy.

I mentioned using folded up masks inside the sweatband a week back. Here is what that looks like
0D3AC03D-C039-4369-B3B8-B05AA6C98F97.jpeg

The black blends in better as seen above. And this one only has two tags so the left side may need a touch of glue or paper clip to get it all more form fitting.
D63B50DB-2EF5-476D-8459-35CBAAADFBA8.jpeg

snkrfollower snkrfollower
The second you notice, it’s game over and a detriment. You’re better off not caring.
There’s some caps I can’t really wear because they look terrible. Some caps have a Elmer Fudd look. Some are bulbous around the temple area. Some seem too narrow (or more of a upside squared off U and not a rounded U). The sizing or mold/shape is just off on some. Some even include usa made caps. There’s no true one culprit

Man, I don't even look at where they're from. All I care about is color combo, side patch and how the design looks.
That used to be me too. Wondering why folks was asking bang or china in comments. Some hats are off no matter where they from but ive noticed the bangs have been consistently bad for me. Stitching, potruding crown, etc. Just all bad.

Today was my breaking point. I cant fk with them no mo!

Im the guy asking now bang or china

It went from this hat is a bad one to me starting to pay attention to where they coming from.

I found the culprit 90% of the time

China can tend to have more of a top hat look too. Some are worse than others for both China and Bangladesh. Some are more bulbous than others for Bangladesh. I’m not sure which looks worse. Then again, my sample size is smaller and I tend to stick with mostly original type retro colors. Some of the other colors and combos could definitely be worse

Those topperzusa caps look nasty to me looks wise. But I could be guessing wrong and those could very well be China made caps. When a cap is off, it’s off. More than likely you’re right, it’s the Bangladesh one that’s consistently worse

Sizing is all over the place though. It makes buying online nearly impossible. I don’t know why I continue to do it.
———
HH got me again with some recent clearance items. But first I had to break out this WS cap from a prior HH purchase. Now that I’ll be getting two, it’s easier to wear and mess with the first one

1969 Chicago white sox retro recreation using current team colors and Kelly green under
Made in China/ 100% wool/ flat batterman/ tonal side flag
8A8498D5-FCA0-433C-A5D0-8A295B6328F7.jpeg

F6EB954C-E314-43FB-B672-E7F1E8647BA5.jpeg

Truly my type of custom. The team wore royal blue, then red and then navy in this design with a green under back (they switched to grey at a certain point) in the 70s. Unlike 90% of the teams who had green unders until 92-94, the WS never had green with their current SOX design. So this is sort of a perfect custom in that regard. I wish more designers or stores would go this route. Just give me a current on field design with a grey or green under. I don’t need anything fancy.

I mentioned using folded up masks inside the sweatband a week back. Here is what that looks like
0D3AC03D-C039-4369-B3B8-B05AA6C98F97.jpeg

The black blends in better as seen above. And this one only has two tags so the left side may need a touch of glue or paper clip to get it all more form fitting.
D63B50DB-2EF5-476D-8459-35CBAAADFBA8.jpeg

snkrfollower snkrfollower
The second you notice, it’s game over and a detriment. You’re better off not caring.
There’s some caps I can’t really wear because they look terrible. Some caps have a Elmer Fudd look. Some are bulbous around the temple area. Some seem too narrow (or more of a upside squared off U and not a rounded U). The sizing or mold/shape is just off on some. Some even include usa made caps. There’s no true one culprit

It went from this hat is a bad one to me starting to pay attention to where they coming from.

I found the culprit 90% of the time
Do you guys bend your brims? Does the Fudd look happen from that? I've noticed the Fudd-iness on some of mine, but never considered it was a defect from specific factories. I just attributed it to poor 21st century mass-manufactured quality that simply happens from time to time

In my experience the fudd look has nothing to do with bending. (I dont bend just ever so slightly curve the ends so its not totally flat)

I go slight curve too. Some hats innards are just built differently/wrong
This dude has a quick visual breakdown

Bangladesh on his head seem to have more of a rigid top hat look. Take your pick. Some like one type. Some like the other. Some don’t even notice. For some head types, the China made doesn’t sit right over the ears. There is a random element.

The big issue now is A lot of newer on fields are sitting extremely shallow behind the ears, like it’s a dad cap or low profile (it’s a standard on field). They literally slip off your head. It’s like there’s not enough material to fit over your head.

Some caps you can wear almost down to your eyebrows as that video sort of shows. Other caps aren’t crafted/built as deep.
Sizing does seem to have somewhat of an influence. If a tiger cap is actually a nice snug fit to your head, it’ll naturally bend. But if you wear it looser, it may not show any character flaws

Wear any cap enough and it’ll break in/get worn. So I try not to focus too much on all this.

Meanwhile, the older USA caps are perfect out of the gate. You don’t have to play with your cap and break it in for 20 wears.

I feel there’s three factors at play in order of significance
Country of origin
Materials (wool and poly aren’t built the same)
Sizing
To a lesser extent, curve. But this can go back to the first two. Bangladesh brims aren’t always the same as China made, along with their sweatbands/materials.

A bad fitting Bangladesh poly is probably the worst cap around. You can swim in the bulbous crown.

But a nice fitting Chinese wool cap can look great too. To the average person, they’re the same cap.

Lastly,
You could even throw in when the caps were produced. Some of the older Chinese made caps invented the Fudd look. Some years China did it better than Bangladesh. But if you’re talking strictly current times, it’s tough to say. Even the poly/wool texture changes year by year

Last edited:
I absolutely hate Bangladesh hats, it’s basically a kufi with a brim. I know everyone has a different shaped head and face shape plays into how hats look. I try to only buy China made hats, however I have had to roll the dice online when the site doesn’t disclose where the hat is made. Unfortunately more times than I’d like, the hat arrives and it’s made in Bangladesh.

When it’s all said and done it’s definitely different for each individual and it does come down to preference. I’m just extremely particular when it comes to the fit. I have some real nice hats that are made in Bangladesh, however I can’t wear them because the fit is terrible on me.

I have some bad news and some good news.

The bad news is that there will be no more hats from China for some reason. NE left China some months ago- now everything is Bangladesh, Laos, or Haiti.

The good news is the Bangladesh hats have appeared to be heaps better since factories in China were dissolved. If you can try them on in store, I suggest that. Laos has since taken over the China production and their fits and embroidery are comparable.

donjuan513 donjuan513 that red M twins sitting in the background looks stellar. Is that a late 80s too?

Good info on the country of origins. I actually was surprised to like the Haiti and Laos varieties from the last HH pickup I had, so my concerns aren’t there just yet.

That skinny A angels never seems to be shown or seen. Like one shop has that cap in retro form. It’s such a classic hat and it’s never out there. The fatter A seems to be the one that is used 99% of the time.

HH slowly suckering me in with new Clearance items
I already own the WS and tigers but why not go for duplicates for future wears?

The brewers is a different take than their original MB cap. The original used light navy. This one is a more traditional dark navy. I knew this coming in. I like the switch up

All three are made in China and 100% wool. Love it.
All have tonal side flags.
The brewers has a black sweatband and grey under, while the other two have white bands and Kelly green unders.
CEFA15DB-431A-4F95-89F6-1164E9B260B9.jpeg
73907DDB-199A-408E-BFA9-B8372AF58AD0.jpeg
EBC6F57D-0AA4-4DF5-BF33-7639F5AFF4FC.jpeg

The cooperstown mess strikes again. Atleast it’s a slim flat batterman lol.

Plain janes for life at this point.

Mlb10 seemed to work as a coupon code. Came out to about $22/hat shipped and to my door. Can’t top that really

I'm gonna have to check my hats this weekend and see if there is a difference for me. Starting with my favorites.

K Kierris
Visually you can also tell by the brim stitching too.

I posted this last year. A comparison between Bangladesh and China retro as
1684203563253.jpeg

Bangladesh has the deeper stitching (which actually coincides more with the original made in USA polys and mid 2000 wools). That visual difference can be a deterrent or positive to some too. It can also give you a quick cue if you are about to make a purchase.

Gonna have to now look at my Haiti and Laos and compare.

I'm back in my hometown of Winnipeg, MB, Canada for a couple weeks.

Thought I'd share my pick ups from the past few months that I'm in the middle of picking up as I go through my stay here.

First up: This two-tone Winnipeg Blue Bombers with a 1962 Fog Bowl side patch.

Photo 2023-05-15, 9 59 57 PM.jpg

Photo 2023-05-15, 10 00 07 PM.jpg

They did a solid Toasted Peanut 9Fifty at first, and I was hoping they'd end up doing it again as-is in a fitted. Didn't expect them to go all out with this crazy two-tone with a grey bottom though. That Toasted Peanut with the blue just works so well together.

Text on the ribbon is kinda sloppy, but it should read '50th Grey Cup Champions'. Definitely one of the best hats the team store has ever made though.

About the Fog Bowl, if you were interested:
The game started normally on Saturday, December 1, 1962. However, by the second quarter, a thick fog started to roll in over the field, a combination of cold, moist, humid air from Lake Ontario. The fog was thick enough that fans could not see the action on the field, receivers lost sight of the ball after it left the quarterbacks' hand, and punt returners could not find punts until they hit the ground.

The fog became worse as the afternoon wore on, and with 9 minutes and 29 seconds left in the fourth quarter, the game was suspended with Winnipeg leading 28–27. The game continued the following afternoon, but there was no further scoring. The 1962 Grey Cup game is considered to be one of the ten best Grey Cup games of all time.

Of course I had to bring some stuff with me that the city probably hardly sees.

Photo 2023-05-15, 9 58 04 PM.jpg

Top to bottom, L-R:

2010 Cranium Fitteds Manitoba Moose
2023 NE Buffalo exclusive Manitoba Moose FYD logo
1994 Winnipeg Goldeyes
2007 Pegasus Winnipeg Jets (thank you henz0 henz0 !)
2022 Topperz Winnipeg Whips
2022 Hat Heaven Winnipeg Whips

Back
Top Bottom