Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

K Kierris
Visually you can also tell by the brim stitching too.

I posted this last year. A comparison between Bangladesh and China retro as
1684203563253.jpeg

Bangladesh has the deeper stitching (which actually coincides more with the original made in USA polys and mid 2000 wools). That visual difference can be a deterrent or positive to some too. It can also give you a quick cue if you are about to make a purchase.

Gonna have to now look at my Haiti and Laos and compare.
Thanks for the visual bro, the stitching difference is definitely noticeable but thankfully both look fine to me. Although, I'd say the the stitching on the left fits this color better if I had to choose. It also looks like there's a color difference between the two caps with the left being darker. Could that be due to you wearing one more than the other or the lighting?

Does anyone have an update about that topperz store that was supposed to be opening up here in the us? We still can't purchase fitteds internationally right?

Does anyone have an update about that topperz store that was supposed to be opening up here in the us? We still can't purchase fitteds internationally right?
us store opened their website last week. they don't have daily drops yet though.

International Topperz stays only being able to ship to EU

The US one can only ship to the US (which sucks because Canada for some reason isn't considered the same region for some reason.)

Photo 2023-05-16, 9 53 45 PM.jpg

Photo 2023-05-16, 9 54 00 PM.jpg

Photo 2023-05-16, 9 54 28 PM.jpg

Tonight's part of my hometown pickups while I'm in my hometown is this Winnipeg Sea Bears fitted.

The Winnipeg Sea Bears are our professional basketball team that competes in the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL). If that sounds at all familiar, it's the league that J. Cole was playing in when he signed with the Scarborough Shooting Stars.

What's a Sea Bear? The polar bear's Latin name, Ursus maritimus, means "sea bear".

yearbook.jpg

Kind of a revamped Winnipeg Thunder, our basketball team from the early 90's.

I wish a lot of things were different on this -- that they had done the white on the bear's face a lot cleaner, that they nixed the CEBL text on the back, and that it had the teal under like the cream two-tone, but I do like the wordmark on the side. The way the stitching is laid out on it is a nice little detail.

Overall though, still pretty happy with how this one came out.

First game kicks off on May 27th, but I had to get this one well in advance to show my support.

Last edited:
Finally went through all my caps yesterday and checked which ones were from Bangladesh and which ones were from china. I will say that the Bangladesh definitely has a distinct feel to it when you touch it. The Bangladesh caps are more consistent in sizing while my china caps are all over the place in sizing with some fitting perfect, some being loose, and some being way too tight. Overall I can't say I really noticed any distinct differences in the look when on my head. I noticed I had 2 caps made in Haiti as well that were straight from the mlb site.

How do the Laos joints fit?
Only own two recently from HH.
Both fit tts to slightly large
One crown is more bulbous than the other (think Bangladesh). One leans towards a China crown shape.
Both have the thicker black sweatband on them. No true comfort issues. Both sit solidly down on my head. There’s some issues with Bangladesh caps fitting shallow. Not here. I’d throw Laos as an in between China and Bangladesh, which probably won’t help matters.

K Kierris i try to do it all blindly. I have some Bangladesh that seem decent, while some China caps (which I usually prefer) are off. When I get new pickups, I try to just throw it on my head and see where it takes me

New pick up

Seller didn’t know what he was selling. So this is my unnamed new era authentic on field cap lol
645D936A-E223-4D10-BE77-7F5264C92DB2.jpeg
DD86B33E-1DDB-433A-B7A3-6B79AA7B7350.jpeg

Took a chance. I don’t think this one was made overseas. Many alternates were strictly usa made. Hunch paid off

It’s of course the Cleveland Indians alternate cap.
This ones from 2008. Made in USA. Black nasty 100% poly.
Great shape and fit. Easy pickup on almost all of these caps when they sit sub $25.
Color is a light navy, which sometimes looks purple in some lighting conditions.

Finding some time to share some more hometown pick ups while I'm back home.

Photo 2023-05-22, 11 17 38 PM.jpg

The Winnipeg Ice are a Canadian major junior ice hockey team, competing in the Western Hockey League, covering Western Canada and Northwestern United States. (The Calgary Hitmen are most likely the team that most people are familiar with seeing in this league.)

They made the playoffs this year, but just couldn't bring it home this past week.

Photo 2023-05-22, 11 17 45 PM.jpg

Photo 2023-05-22, 11 18 05 PM.jpg

Nonetheless, great logo that I've wanted to see show up on a fitted for a while now. There's one with just the Yeti on the front, and another with the Battle of MB logo on it as well. Double logo for me was a no brainer, and that WHL logo on the back looks absolutely amazing.

Really excited to finally add one of these to my Winnipeg collection.

Back
Top Bottom