Post your Printer

The current printer I have (Epson) is starting to get on my nerves.
What I need:

- < $150

- Be able to scan and copy

- Be able to print without color ink cartridges.

What I don't need:

- LCD screen

- "Fancy-ness"

- Color

- No need for high def. stuff. It will just be used for documents.

I prefer to have a printer that I can use without the color ink cartridges being new. I have to buy new color ink for my current printer every month - I don't even print in color. 
laugh.gif

Let me know.

Thanks!

. yeah someone should help u out... im not too familiar with printers... but i'll be sure to look out for some.

smh @ the trouble these two dudes giving you.

Just cop an HP, they're cheap and the ink is also cheap compared to epson ink. so far i like mine better than my old epson print/scanner

I think every printer today allows just black and white printing but i'm not certain.

I swear printers are one of those things that you don't think you need but sometimes you wish you had one. I would say just bum off the one you have at work but I don't know what type of job you have. But I do feel anyone that works in an office doesn't need one.

Scanning is a great feature to have though.

Originally Posted by megatron

smh @ the trouble these two dudes giving you.

Just cop anthing but HP, they're cheap and the ink is also cheap compared to epson ink. so far i like mine better than my old epson print/scanner

I think every printer today allows just black and white printing but i'm not certain.
FIXED.

The current one I have is two years old (max). It still works fine, but wastes a lot of ink. It all prints out documents slightly off center.

Sounds like you need a laser printer, or a cheap $30 burner printer like the canon mp495. You can actually disable the color ink and keep printing black for a while, or just toss the +$$$+ and cop another burner when done, works out less than the cost of inks with all these deals out there. But people have to come to terms that inkjet printers will use up ink.

If i were you id cop this brother 2240 laser printer for $60 to print docs, etc out and then get a cheap all in one for scanning and copying. The laser will last a lot longer than an inkjet so you wouldnt have to worry about running out of ink for a while & if you do run out ink in one you can always print with the other one.

http://www.officedepot.co...onochrome-Laser-Printer/

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I swear printers are one of those things that you don't think you need but sometimes you wish you had one. I would say just bum off the one you have at work but I don't know what type of job you have. But I do feel anyone that works in an office doesn't need one.

Scanning is a great feature to have though.
I have an HP photosmart printer, it works wonders. Bruh if you dont have one at the crib you need one scanning into pdf files etc, comes through in the clutch.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

If i were you id cop this brother 2240 laser printer for $60 to print docs, etc out and then get a cheap all in one for scanning and copying. The laser will last a lot longer than an inkjet so you wouldnt have to worry about running out of ink for a while & if you do run out ink in one you can always print with the other one.

The toner for that laser printer costs $$$$ compared to an inkjet cartridge. 

You can get printers with builtin scanners for well under 100 pretty much anywhere

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

true but how often are you replacing the $15-25 dollar cartridges? A toner for the 2240 is $45(yes almost what he would pay for the printer itself) but it should last quite longer than the ink cartridges. Im still using the starter toner than came with my 2140 that i bought in sept 2010 (granted i had to use the tape trick) but even without it i got much use out of that starter toner than any inkjet. Its up to op tho
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

true but how often are you replacing the $15-25 dollar cartridges? A toner for the 2240 is $45(yes almost what he would pay for the printer itself) but it should last quite longer than the ink cartridges. Im still using the starter toner than came with my 2140 that i bought in sept 2010 (granted i had to use the tape trick) but even without it i got much use out of that starter toner than any inkjet. Its up to op tho
ohwell.gif

you basically got what OP Needed a LASER PRINTER which are the most basic printers you can get, yea ink cost money but you do print 2,000+ pages oppose to what a ink jet does to 100-200 pages just on black.

What I don't need:
- LCD screen
- "Fancy-ness"
- Color
- No need for high def. stuff. It will just be used for documents.

just that it won't have copy and scanner.....

Me myself I'm a techie i like "Fancy-nees" so I'm willing to shell out money for technology.
I got these two

HP Office jet for well the Office.
hp photosmart for photos

Back
Top Bottom