Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I need NT advice....

tattoos need to mean something... buuut... what if that something KINDA SORTA collides against another belief you have.

example.
Went traveling around the world a few times for a couple years and my before my mom left she gave me the Saint Christopher Patron of Travelers coin that I always had on me. Superstitions of mine tell me this actually helped my luck/chance against some real sticky situations in various countries.
I want a back tattoo of the iconic pose of Saint Christopher and the 'creed' of his as a paragraph on my ribs near my heart..... but I'm really not a religious guy. Does that conflict? I don't know anything about saints or Saint Christopher or his relation to jebus or god or anything...

Is it hypocritical for me to get this tattooed even though I am openly not religious and entirely uneducated about the whole scene????

picture:

Christopher.jpg

IMO I think you're good to go... I don't think having a tattoo like that necessarily mean you're religious. Besides, like you stated before,you're mom left and she gave you a coin of hers, which brought you luck and guide. That right there is considered an inspiration for a tattoo.

I need NT advice....

tattoos need to mean something... buuut... what if that something KINDA SORTA collides against another belief you have.

example.
Went traveling around the world a few times for a couple years and my before my mom left she gave me the Saint Christopher Patron of Travelers coin that I always had on me. Superstitions of mine tell me this actually helped my luck/chance against some real sticky situations in various countries.
I want a back tattoo of the iconic pose of Saint Christopher and the 'creed' of his as a paragraph on my ribs near my heart..... but I'm really not a religious guy. Does that conflict? I don't know anything about saints or Saint Christopher or his relation to jebus or god or anything...

Is it hypocritical for me to get this tattooed even though I am openly not religious and entirely uneducated about the whole scene????

picture:

Christopher.jpg

Why dont you take some time out in you life to actually learn it ? im sure its not a College course

in all honesty im sure a majority of christians dont know much about st. christopher. if it has meaning to you .. i say go for it. but it would probably be agood idea to wiki it or something
laugh.gif

edit: blue sky black death
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]My thing is this....tattoos are art work, i plan on get some that have meaning yet some that look iljust cuz they're art...$*@+ what somebody else thinks[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]for example, i wanna get this on my arm, or a similar design[/color]
l_bab72a635fa88cba493590e0ef80e246.jpg

Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where many were perishing in the attempt

It's a wrap
eek.gif

That has rather significant ideals coordinating to my beliefs.

Also, the paragraph on the flipside of the coin reads:

Protect us
on our travels,
wherever we
may roam;
keep us safe
and guide us,
always safely
home.
Which I read is the inspiration for my favorite song
eek.gif

I want to get both tattooed, but location location location....
Paragraph over my heart and Saint Christopher on my shoulder?

Question: I'm a skinny dude who plans to spend the next year in the gym, and I know my arms are going to dramatically increase in girth. Would that affecta tattoo by stretching it at all? Is that a stupid question?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by popsiclepete420

Done at the end of January, I have the other side done too (not pictured). Probably have to sit for another 3 - 4 hours to have the half sleeve finished

2dsfwvr.jpg
eek.gif

-The Juice
This is sick
pimp.gif

i waned o get a chest piece done saying : Para. Toda. Vida.

but my damn dominican chica was all thats not correct grammar. NT thoughts?

Originally Posted by knightlovesqueen

i waned o get a chest piece done saying : Para. Toda. Vida.

but my damn dominican chica was all thats not correct grammar. NT thoughts?

It'd look SICK
pimp.gif
in my opinion.

Bad grammar? no one can tell this and its on your chest... ain't like you're getting a chinese symbol of power when it really means toilet paper
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ycourt23

My 4 tattoos...Hope you like, the back tattoo is not finished I am getting the wings going all the way down my back. I am also gonna add flight under the jumpman so it'll look like the tongue of the 4's jumpman.
facepalm.jpg

Christopher asked him how he could serve Christ. When the hermit suggested fasting and prayer, Christopher replied that he was unable to perform that service. The hermit then suggested that because of his size and strength Christopher could serve Christ by assisting people to cross a dangerous river, where many were perishing in the attempt

It's a wrap
eek.gif

That has rather significant ideals coordinating to my beliefs.

Also, the paragraph on the flipside of the coin reads:

Protect us
on our travels,
wherever we
may roam;
keep us safe
and guide us,
always safely
home.
Which I read is the inspiration for my favorite song
eek.gif

I want to get both tattooed, but location location location....
Paragraph over my heart and Saint Christopher on my shoulder?

Question: I'm a skinny dude who plans to spend the next year in the gym, and I know my arms are going to dramatically increase in girth. Would that affect a tattoo by stretching it at all? Is that a stupid question?
laugh.gif

man you just gave me inspiration cuz my name is christopher and i always loved that story but never thought of it as a tattoo. i believe it also says that hebared the weight of the owrld on his shoulders because he helped jesus across but he didnt know that he did,

does anyone know if im right?

Some NICE work in here .... Ill be getting some small work done in the next few weeks .... Ill post it once finished .

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

My 4 tattoos...Hope you like, the back tattoo is not finished I am getting the wings going all the way down my back. I am also gonna add flight under the jumpman so it'll look like the tongue of the 4's jumpman.

So you have the AE eagle on your body and an overweight jumpman?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

So you have the AE eagle on your body and an overweight jumpman?
indifferent.gif

25gwdhk.jpg
Why would you do this to your body????

Originally Posted by Drama23

anyone know any good tattoo sites to get inspiration?

IMO man, just draw something up yourself... think deep of this things you go through yaknow? Or you can just visit websites of tattoo shops around your cityand check out the artist's portfolio.

facepalm.jpg

foqihd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom