Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by debs 168

any horimono (traditional japanese tattoo) artists in charlotte?? none of that americanized spin on japanese art, but like in the original style??
need a site with ppl with porfolios and examples in their portfolio.

looking for something like:

2704771794_a3d276c789.jpg

not:

2703942855_b4e82ee2fa.jpg

bout to give up and just go back to ny.

indifferent.gif
At dude how he got sleeves but his suit stops at his knees like he worry someone might see it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

This is a really silly question, but how does getting tanned affect the outcome of a colored tattoo? My skin is pretty light, but playing basketball outside gave me a tan. I know colors appear brighter on lighter skin, but I was wondering if the color will appear brighter once the tan goes away?

If anything....it won't be so much the tan that messes up the tat but the sun in general. I am assuming if you are tanning, that means you are not wearing sun block, which means the sun if anything just fades your tattoo from the UV rays. It take some time to even get to that point where you notice but to preserve the color on your skin, wear sunblock and other protective lotions.
I understand to use skin protection and to avoid direct sunlight for a long time, but what I'm trying to figure out is how will tanning before a tattoo affect the colors? My skin was lighter about a month ago, but playing outdoor basketball gave me a tan. So basically what I'm asking is if I get a tattoo with my current tan, will the colors appear brighter once the tan goes away (like in the winter)?

Damn...that's a hard one. Honestly I have never really heard that scenario before. I guess ask the professionals and talk to a tattoo artist that has been doing it a while. From what I hear though, ink doesn't really stay on the surface of your skin but almost in side it. Maybe your natural pigment is like that so when you get tatted and it heals, it actually stays on the inner part of your skin and when the tan is gone, it could be lighter.

That almost didn't even make sense but if you really want to make sure the quality of your tattoo, just wait till your tan goes away. Better safe then sorry.

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Anybody ever go to Tuff City Styles in NYC? if so what was your experience there?

theres better places
Like what?
NY Adorned
East Side Ink
Grinstylez at Apache..making an appointment with him this week
laugh.gif

I just know a lot of people that went to Tuff City..and yea..their artwork isnt the best
laugh.gif

just gotta research spots better

Just got my first two done on Friday. They itch like a mother right now, but happy with em. Got my daughters' names (one on each arm) on the inside of my arms. Pics to come soon.

Damn...that's a hard one. Honestly I have never really heard that scenario before. I guess ask the professionals and talk to a tattoo artist that has been doing it a while. From what I hear though, ink doesn't really stay on the surface of your skin but almost in side it. Maybe your natural pigment is like that so when you get tatted and it heals, it actually stays on the inner part of your skin and when the tan is gone, it could be lighter.

That almost didn't even make sense but if you really want to make sure the quality of your tattoo, just wait till your tan goes away. Better safe then sorry.

Yeah, pretty bizarre question, but thanks for your help. I'll definitely give the tattoo guy a call.

Just got my koi fish sleeve done yesterday

and my mustache one today, which by far is the most painful one so far.

zjuy5u.jpg

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Some people don't need a twitter to be followers
smh.gif
laugh.gif

do explain?
just sayin bruh. we all follow trends in some form. do you.

Well yea,
I mean that can be said about anything thing tho
there isn't anything new under the sun. been doing me.

First Tattoo - "Nobody's Perfect"

got it done by a homie who works in the shop INVISIBLE NYC - 'GILLIAN'
f9p98m.jpg
212tkpg.jpg

juss got 1 today, ima see if i post pics i kinda wanna wait till my hole leg is finished to put pics up

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Anyone know some good places in Oregon.  All 5 Oregon NTers
laugh.gif

I've been looking too
laugh.gif
I tried calling my dude who all tatted, cause I like some of his, but he canceled his phone service
smh.gif

Google can only help so much, it'd be nice to get a first hand review from someone.

Any other reputable shops in NYC besides Adorned?

Ive gotten 2 tats there but they are expensive. Im trying to get writing on my forearm as a band, trying not to pay $200 for it.
wink.gif

It would be great to get an artist whos good with text.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Ive gotten 2 tats there but they are expensive. Im trying to get writing on my forearm as a band, trying not to pay $200 for it.
wink.gif

Tuff city on fordham

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Here is another one that Mandy Garcia did. Have no idea hot it was done but looks interesting to say the least.

white.jpg
White ink maybe? Not sure I always see them when they're done and never in the process/fresh.

That is what I am thinking. It is only raised cause it was just finished. I wonder if a black light would bring it out. Kind of cool but then kind of dumb.
I'm pretty sure that's white ink.  My artist's wife has her chest done in white ink and i can see it looking like that right after it's done.  Looks so throwed in person though once it's healed.

- Preciate it.

smh.gif
at some of the reply's, its definitely scarification
pimp.gif

I been through alot in my life and my Mother and Nana was there for me the whole time no matter what, So this tat got a very deep meaning to it:HatI really wanna add more around it in the next month or so after I find a good artist here in Orlando (anyone know of any?) BUT, I don't know what to add, I want to make it a half sleeve, Any suggestions or pics of what you think I should add? Thanks NT, Appreciate it.

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r26/IMFRESHWITJAYS/?action=view&current=MyTat.jpg

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

wink.gif

Tuff city on fordham

I was thinking that place since I pass it all the time, but I looked on their website and it looks too ghetto (the artwork in the portfolios).

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

wink.gif

Tuff city on fordham

I was thinking that place since I pass it all the time, but I looked on their website and it looks too ghetto (the artwork in the portfolios).
Look @ where it's located
grin.gif
laugh.gif

They do fantastic work though

i have a couple tats on my forearms and 1 on my neck, I was wondering if tats can go over stretch marks cause i have some around my shoulders and would like to get em covered if possible eff coco butter lol

1st session

2nd session i will try and gett better pics have my girl take them i juss took thses fast

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Just got my koi fish sleeve done yesterday

and my mustache one today, which by far is the most painful one so far.
[h3] can u post the koi fish pics?[/h3]

Originally Posted by GettumMike

First Tattoo - "Nobody's Perfect"

got it done by a homie who works in the shop INVISIBLE NYC - 'GILLIAN'
f9p98m.jpg
212tkpg.jpg
shoulda got the "pobody's nerfect"! lol still nice nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom