post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suspect but lame as hell. I can understand not watching but not playing tho? I cant get with that.

Nothing hard to understand.
Maybe it's cuz we know how it works and it came so easy but I really don't see what's so hard to get about FB.

Offsides/false start, sacks/roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, forward/lateral pass rule, what counts as a fumble. The tuck rule in the snow in that Pat/Raider game is the only thing I semi-disagreed with/didn't understand but it's clearly explained.

Football is more complex than basketball.

Most casual fans find it harder to understand

Did you play in HS?

Basketball? Yeah I played all the way up until my sophomore year in College. Fball in HS? No, but a lot of my friends did. Some of which are either in the NFL now or High Majors in college. Regardless, that isn't the point. It's still boring as hell to me :lol: so many stoppages, short plays in which nothing happens, there's no real action to me in the sport other than the occasional gain of yards by a RB or a excellent conversion by a QB.

Last edited:
aint nothin like playin pickup ball no matter what sport it is... with your friends or random folks and just shootin the **** with them

Playing sports is the easiest way to make friends

Speaking as someone from a culture where football isn't a thing, it takes a while to get used to downs instead of constant movement, the players and positions, special teams, and the little rules here and there that aren't immediately obvious. I like it now though, I chose the jets when I first started but now I have no team. Gotta have some passion for the team you follow. I feel like your team chooses you instead of vice versa, something happens to make you follow them. Jets weren't cutting it for years.

Last edited:
Maybe it's cuz we know how it works and it came so easy but I really don't see what's so hard to get about FB.

Offsides/false start, sacks/roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, forward/lateral pass rule, what counts as a fumble. The tuck rule in the snow in that Pat/Raider game is the only thing I semi-disagreed with/didn't understand but it's clearly explained.

Ask a casual fan to explain the differences between the different defenses.

If I ask my ex what a 4 6 defense is she'll look at me crazy

Explaining football to someone who's never watched is a mouthful.  There's plenty to not understand, even some pro players don't know all the rules.  I.E. McNabb and Co, letting the clock run on in OT to play 2nd OT in a regular season game.

Basketball rules: dribble or pass, shoot ball into basket.  Easy.

Last edited:
How did y'all come across your favorite team in any sport?

I always ride for the hometown no matter what.

I mean I'm a basketball fan, but what's wrong with people not liking sports?

I literally don't have any male friends who don't like sports.

And most of the females I know like it too

As someone who has played since a little kid, it's just weird to meet someone who doesn't like any sport

aint nothin like playin pickup ball no matter what sport it is... with your friends or random folks and just shootin the **** with them

Playing sports is the easiest way to make friends

All true. All of my homies have come from Basketball teams, hooping at the gym, etc.

Explaining football to someone who's never watched is a mouthful.  There's plenty to not understand, even some pro players don't know all the rules.  I.E. McNabb and Co, letting the clock run on in OT to play 2nd OT in a regular season game.

Cool, but it's still a pain to watch which is what we're talking about.

Never really had a favorite sport honestly. Just have players that I love to see do well. Outside of that, I've always just liked the sport in general.

Football is more complex than basketball.

Most casual fans find it harder to understand

Did you play in HS?

Basketball? Yeah I played all the way up until my sophomore year in College. Fball in HS? No, but a lot of my friends did. Some of which are either in the NFL now or High Majors in college. Regardless, that isn't the point. It's still boring as hell to me :lol: so many stoppages, short plays in which nothing happens, there's no real action to me in the sport other than the occasional gain of yards by a RB or a excellent conversion by a QB.

What are your thoughts on soccer, hockey, and baseball

I enjoy the constant action in basketball but most of the regular season games aren't a big deal and the intensity isn't there till the 4th

The fact that a TD for either team can happen on almost every play is awesome.

Did McNabb's dumbass do that on the Eagles? :rofl: Vid? :nerd:

Well that is the more technical stuff. Should've tried to get her to play Madden to understand that.

Cuz right now ol girl is asking me why Manning keeps saying Omaha all the damn time, it's pissing her off :lol: I aint about to explain audibles.

Cool, but it's still a pain to watch which is what we're talking about.

This is the perfect opinion for this thread. Definitely unpopular but legitimate and not posted to rustle jimmies.

Hometown thing but in NYC it is a thing for some NYCers to simply dislike their team and not be a fan despite loving the sport. The Knicks for example, it's almost a pride thing for them to say they never been a fan of the Knicks simply cuz that's are only bball team.

It's always either or with Yankees and Mets, Jets and Giants. Even for hockey with Rangers, Islanders, and Devils.

Always look at born and raised NYCers talking about their fans of the Lakers or Eagles/Cowboys sideways though.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on soccer, hockey, and baseball

I enjoy the constant action in basketball but most of the regular season games aren't a big deal and the intensity isn't there till the 4th

The fact that a TD for either team can happen on almost every play is awesome.

Soccer, Hockey, and Baseball all are like football to me. Boring :lol: but Football is the less of the evils I guess. I can watch football, and at times I can thoroughly enjoy it, I just can't stand the constant stoppages, and the no yardage gains type plays man. Like for every awesome play for Football, there's like 4 where it's just boring as hell.

I agree with the intensity until the 4th thing about Basketball, but I guess I have a bias towards it because of it being like my actual sport of choice.

Yeah I don't watch much full regular season football games, baseball either. Unless its your team and you have emotion invested the games can be complete drudgery, moreso than something like hockey or basketball.

Did McNabb's dumbass do that on the Eagles? :rofl: Vid? :nerd:

Well that is the more technical stuff. Should've tried to get her to play Madden to understand that.

Cuz right now ol girl is asking me why Manning keeps saying Omaha all the damn time, it's pissing her off :lol: I aint about to explain audibles.

Exactly :lol:

Basketball can get complex too but the complexities are more hidden because only 5 players and not all the pre snap stuff and diff alignments

Subways Chipotle Southwest Sauce>>>>>>>>>

They need to put that **** on shelves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom