post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I'm saying. If's galore.

If Duncan didn't have Pop, David Robinson, Parker, Ginobili, the Spurs front office....

We can "If" all day.
To say Tim didn't have help lol. The admiral? 6th man of the year? Top 5 pg in the game?? Solid bench?

Last edited:
To say Tim didn't have help lol. The admiral? 6th man of the year? Top 5 pg in the game?? Solid bench?
:smh:

you saying that i sais tim didnt have help is almost as stupid as people saying kobe led the lakers to 5 rings.

also... that first ring... the admiral averaged 16 ppg that season...

here are the ppg for ginobili and parker (you outta slap yourself for callin TP a top 5 pg in the game while they were winning those three chips...), 2003, 2005, 2007...

ginobili

7, 16, 16

parker

15 (second year in the league) 16, and 19...

and someone said KG was better than timmy d?

View media item 687611

Parker was most def top 5 pg during those times, it ain't all stats. Him and Ginobili are super smart consistent players that just play their roles to perfection thats why the numbers aren't big. You can't watch those two and think they wouldn't have crazier numbers if they lead their own teams. Ginobili used to be straight magic at times.

Hmmm............ Explain.......
all 5 of kobe's rings... he had 1 or two players that were regarded as one of the top 3 in their position in the entire league

(shaq, #1 center. pau, #2 or 3 PF. bynum, #1 or #2 center)

those first three rings... bryant was replaceable and i dont care what anyone says... dude had the absolute most dominant for in the game for decades... that 15-1 championship run would've been Jordan's best Bulls team b/c shaq was that dominant...

the 2nd and 3rd rings, kobe did his thing... first one, not so much...

tim duncan NEVER had a top 4 position player alongside him during his championship runs.

tim duncan is a better defender than kobe bryant, team and individual. that first team all defense a couple years back was an UTTER joke (he made it over the llikes of mike conley and avery bradley. :smh: )

tim duncan's teams never had a down year. people forget that kobe was nothing more than carmelo, iverson, gilbert areans, tracy mcgrady for about a 4 year stretch... dude was scoring tons of buckets, but getting bounced int he first round.

kobe SHOULD NOT have won finals mvp by himself during that finals against the celtics, and we all know it... dude shot horribly and almost cost them that game 6 if ron artest hadnt saved him.

if it wasnt for an all time 3 by allen... timmy d would have the same number of rings and won mvp of that series (and the second oldest of all time to do it)

:nerd:

Stop trolling.

Manu and Tony would like to have a word with you.

Tim has never done it alone, and neither has Kobe. You can come up with as many excuses as you want, but in the end Kobe's career > Timbs

Holla at me when Timbo gets one with a ****** up hand and a ****** up leg

He's still the GOAT PF though...

Last edited:
let me add on...

i think NOW... TP is totally underrated... and that he was on pace to win MVP over lebron a couple seasons ago before he got hurt... dude was KILLING it... leading his team...

but in 07?... when you had nash winning mvp, cp3 and deron averaging double doubles, gilbert arenas top 5 scorer in the league, and kidd still killing it...

lets not forget BARON DAVIS when he was w/ golden state... that year he knocked out the mavs...

yall having revisionist history... kobe bryant has ALWAYS had the better supporting cast than timmy d... so stop that nonsense at the door.

i LOVE tony parker... but lets not kid ourselves here... dude WAS NOT TOP 5... yall are over stating the dude...

KOBE SCORED MORE POINTS... what else?

i also think dirk nowitzki is one of the most underrated players of all time... and that despite lebron pullin a choke job in the finals... dirk was UNSTOPPABLE that series... that entire playoff run...

Last edited:
I said in their primes KG was better than Duncan. It's a given Duncan is the better player legacy wise because of the chips and has been more consistent over the long run. I'm talking about the years 01-04. No one was more vital to the success of their team than KG was, with the exception of AI. The same KG would said " Happy Mother's Day mutha******" to Duncan during a head to head knowing Timmy's moms died on Mother's Day. KG was a more versatile scorer, better overall defender, wasn't a liability on that line, and a better passer. You're saying if KG wasn't surrounded with the likes of Pops, Parker and Manu he wouldn't have 4 rings also? You're tripping because Timmy wouldn't have any rings either if he played in Minnesota. KG playing in purgatory during his best years, clouds some of y'all's judgement.

let me add on...

i think NOW... TP is totally underrated... and that he was on pace to win MVP over lebron a couple seasons ago before he got hurt... dude was KILLING it... leading his team...

but in 07?... when you had nash winning mvp, cp3 and deron averaging double doubles, gilbert arenas top 5 scorer in the league, and kidd still killing it...

lets not forget BARON DAVIS when he was w/ golden state... that year he knocked out the mavs...

yall having revisionist history... kobe bryant has ALWAYS had the better supporting cast than timmy d... so stop that nonsense at the door.

i LOVE tony parker... but lets not kid ourselves here... dude WAS NOT TOP 5... yall are over stating the dude...

KOBE SCORED MORE POINTS... what else?

i also think dirk nowitzki is one of the most underrated players of all time... and that despite lebron pullin a choke job in the finals... dirk was UNSTOPPABLE that series... that entire playoff run...

You sound like you had personal favorites in 07 and just refuse to give Tony Parker his credit.

The dude won FINALS MVP in 07... None of the point guards you named could even stand in line outside waiting to get into that party.

TP helped his team get to the finals, got the sweep, and then took home MVP.

The only person you named better than TP that year was Nash...

And Dirk has never been underrated.

And how has Kobe always had the better supporting cast? Duncans teams have finished top 3 in the western conference and top 2 in their division for over a damn decade. Thats an obvious clue as to who has ALWAYS had the better supporting cast.

Give Manu, Tony, Pop, and the Spurs the credit they deserve

KG in his prime was better than Duncan, especially in terms of versatility

Dirk is one of those lower-tier superstars, so while people know he's good they underrate him compared to other stars

[Method Man] Guys take it to the sports forum. [/Method Man]

Not sure if unpopular, but Jay - Z isn't that great.

I don't **** with Odd Future at all but doesn't Tyler pretty much control everything he does?. Write, Produce and direct his videos?

Hmmm............ Explain.......
all 5 of kobe's rings... he had 1 or two players that were regarded as one of the top 3 in their position in the entire league

(shaq, #1 center. pau, #2 or 3 PF. bynum, #1 or #2 center)

those first three rings... bryant was replaceable and i dont care what anyone says... dude had the absolute most dominant for in the game for decades... that 15-1 championship run would've been Jordan's best Bulls team b/c shaq was that dominant...

the 2nd and 3rd rings, kobe did his thing... first one, not so much...

tim duncan NEVER had a top 4 position player alongside him during his championship runs.

tim duncan is a better defender than kobe bryant, team and individual. that first team all defense a couple years back was an UTTER joke (he made it over the llikes of mike conley and avery bradley. :smh: )

tim duncan's teams never had a down year. people forget that kobe was nothing more than carmelo, iverson, gilbert areans, tracy mcgrady for about a 4 year stretch... dude was scoring tons of buckets, but getting bounced int he first round.

kobe SHOULD NOT have won finals mvp by himself during that finals against the celtics, and we all know it... dude shot horribly and almost cost them that game 6 if ron artest hadnt saved him.

if it wasnt for an all time 3 by allen... timmy d would have the same number of rings and won mvp of that series (and the second oldest of all time to do it)

:nerd:

Duncan is widely considered the best PF of all time and is a top 10 player of all time so the opinion isn't really unpopular

But let's not pretend like Duncan didn't have significant help with TP and Manu for his last 3 titles.

The two reasons I'll take Kobe's career is that Duncan never repeated or even come close to it let alone a three peat and when both teams met in 01 the Lakers absolutely embarrassed the Spurs with Kobe going HAM and the Spurs having HCA. Lakers went through them to repeat. Spurs couldn't do the same in 04 (spurs had HCA) or 08 (Lakers with HCA)

More rings and better head to head success in the playoffs

The Sega Dreamcast is the greatest video game console ever.

And :lol: at the Kobe career slander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom