POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Just picked this 2006 air king for 2k! Pretty stoked on the price.

Daniel Wellington St Andrew's, in Rose Gold

i work retail part time and constantly get compliments :smokin

Last edited:
What do you guys think about me starting a new thread? I think this thread has run its course, not enough information for noobs or non-WIS members. I would like to go over a couple new things in the opening thread that I might be helpful to members like the basics of the watch (movement, crystal, etc), buying guide, brand guide, collection guide, etc. Too many of the same questions being asked over and over again, better to have all that info in the beginning of the thread to cut down the trash.

agreed

I just picked up this Suunto Core All Black. I haven't used a digital watch in years. Im going from my Citizen Nighthawk to this as my everyday watch.

Can someone tell me the difference between rolex submariner, gmt and sea dweller? They all almost look identical to one another. I am in the market for 1 and confused which to get out of the 3.

Submariner is Rolexes signature divers watch. It comes in two variations, no date and date with a cyclops (2.5x magnification). The Sea Dweller 4000 is pretty much the same as the Submariner Date with a few difference, it has no cyclops (date magnification), it is slightly thicker (case back and crystal protrudes higher), has a valve escapement and the dial is matte while the Submariners is shinier. Bezel is also slightly different with minute marks on the Sea Dwellers (see pic below).

The GMT Master is a travel watch providing 3 different timezones with a 24 hour bezel. More complicated movement due to settings of additional timezones.

Below shows the visual differences between these watches.

Last edited:
Looking for something versatile and low key. More so an Automatic and for everyday use. Constantly using my hands and looking for something

im just starting to get into watches and after some research will be my buying my first real albeit entry level watch. (only had fossils and designers before)

i just ordered the seiko flight alarm snae25 

got a hirsch strap for it and a few cheap natos

now i want a blue watch to compliment it and wear with traditional leather straps,

im super torn tho, i could get a similar flight watch with a blue face or the orient ray/mako/mako xl or the seiko skx009 basically theres a ton of nice options around 200 bucks, i was gunna double the budget and get a tissot or hamilton but it seems you really cant get a much better watch for that, likely gunna be spending a stack plus if i want something appreciably better so eff it ill stick with seiko/citizen/orient for now

Lol you do not want that watch. Btw if you got that settlement money hope you're saving some of it

Last edited:
Any AP 15400 owners? Curious to hear some first hand experience. Was planning to get a new Rolex but given the price increases I'm contemplating upping the budget and springing for the AP. Not a fan of the ROOs, yet I love the simplicity and understatedness of the 15400.

Any AP 15400 owners? Curious to hear some first hand experience. Was planning to get a new Rolex but given the price increases I'm contemplating upping the budget and springing for the AP. Not a fan of the ROOs, yet I love the simplicity and understatedness of the 15400.

I had an ultra thin for a bit but when I got a blnr the blue faced ultrathin had to go. I really liked it and may get another one day if I ever get rid of anything I have currently

Nice. The BLNR has been on my list for a minute. I'm just not a fan of the PCLs and I don't think I would go through the trouble of brushing them. Definitely aiming for a Hulk within the next couple of months, however. And I really want my 114060 back.

So one of my gmt's is running about 2 min slow a day heading over to rolex SF tomorrow prolly going to take a white gold gmt for a spin while I'm there

Lol you do not want that watch. Btw if you got that settlement money hope you're saving some of it

I'm more than fine no worries. Only thing I've bought is clothes and some high end stuff....no different than before accident. Of course sneakers too and most of them I've made stupid profit on....."thanks Kanye"

This made me not want a Rolex anymore, new goals AP or Patek before age 50.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom