POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by kevL7

indifferent.gif
you'd actually be surprised by the amount of people that like this watch. i guess they've never really seen a watch this flashy since it lookslike those old TV stations that just show the crazy colors and that annoying sound lol

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

i think in general most NT'ers don't care about movement, but only about the dial. if so, there are plenty of choices that are quartz and look great. try craigslist - there are always sellers there that sell great finds, and it's usually not in high demand because everyone else is looking on ebay instead, or they don't trust the whole meeting up thing. there are also a few watch forums that sell at great prices, so look around, you're bound to find something you like for 1.7k.

i'd actually recommend reading about movements before any big purchases. let's face it, we all get bored of our watches at some point, especially if we bought it when n00b and we want to resell it later. quartz resell flat out sucks. automatic resells are great.

craigslist doesn't gaurantee authenticity though. My lack of watch knowledge, I dont know what I'm buying. That is true though, I'd wantsomething I could resell in some years for what I paid for, Im not tryna take a huge L because I can get tired of certain things so easily.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

mhmm...except the ones that have diamonds in them.
Very true.

whats wrong with diamonds?

Nice watches everyone. Good to see some real watch enthusiasts in here. Some quick pictures of my nicer pieces.

That's a nice watch collection jman23mj. I really like the Panerai's and Cartier.

i think to a normal person, the choice of watch vs. car is pretty obvious. i think they'd call us crazy for choosing the watch. go for the IWC, but if you want to be different - go for the BB. at least you could sell your designer watches here or something to gain back a small but of your spending
Yeah
laugh.gif
My friends and family thought I was insane for evenconsidering a watch. As for my designer watch, nah I won't sell those. I'll still use them for events that I don't mind getting my watch bangedaround.

Thanks RFX45. I think either the IWC or the BB would be a great addition to your collection. The 5001 is a fantastic watch and an iconic IWC that I wouldseriously consider down the road along with a big Ingy or a Big Pilot. I really like the BB's use of materials and the placement of steel, ceramic, andcarbon fiber just pops. I took a long look at a steel/ceramic BB but would probably go for an Ice Bang or an All Black as my next if I didn't have a coupleof pieces incoming for 08. Whatever, you get, don't forget to show us pics here!

^^^ I'll post pics when I get it. It might not be in the near future though.

Let's keep this thread going, anyone else want to share?

MENS_ROTOLOG_WOOD.jpg
nix0380_nixon_rotolog_bamboo.jpg

Winter and Summer watches.

I like the design of them, i couldnt care less about the movements.

8fjpawz.jpg

Thats so ILL I wish I could afford something like that.
I never liked wearing a watch but I want to buy this one for everyday use. Its about as upscale as I can go on my budget.
375278_fpx.tif

Originally Posted by poblack

Tag Heuer Carrera

Tag1.jpg

Nice Tag, I've had my eye on those for a while now too. Did you get a good deal on those, if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by poblack

Tag Heuer Carrera

Tag1.jpg

Nice Tag, I've had my eye on those for a while now too. Did you get a good deal on those, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, I actually got it off ebay. It's legit though with sales receipt, full papers and warranty. Paid $1850 with free overnight shipping. The sellerwon it and just wanted to sell it for cash.

can someone school me on invicta?? im looking for a good everyday watch around $300-400. are there better choices out there? any suggestions and help please

Fell in love with this watch right when I saw it. Classy, yet a neckbreaker with the trademark all black Movado face. It was my first big investment. I'vehad it for almost 3 years now, and have no complaints.

^^^^ You dug this one out of the depths of NT. That's a very interesting watch though.

doesn't wearing a watch make the time go by slower?

I know its a perception thing, but i hate it. thats why i refuse to wear one. but yall got some nice pieces.

^^^ I used to think that way too and I was one of those guys that didn't needs a watch because of my cellphone but it has since been a staple of myeveryday clothes. I almost feel naked when I don't wear a watch.

2 Seikos, Nike, Arnette
The Seikos belonged to my dad. The black Sports watch was his last watch and was one of the first(main) item I wanted that belonged to him.

I want a nice watch also, but without all the bling and all that attention grabbing look and flashiness.

I like that big bang because it looks nice and I like the color, but that sh.. is way out of my range.

I would like like maybe a army type watch and am willing to go up to maybe...maybe $2K...maybe, but most likely $1K.

Back
Top Bottom