POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by Rjwco

some vintage watches im taking to hong kong. and some omegas and breits

pimp.gif
is that a gmt or sub is see there lax. get at homie.

BM0720-52E.jpg

Pretty much my everyday watch, looking to get a nicer one for dressier occasions in a few months.

All the watches I like are too expensive. I want an Explorer II 1655 and an older Seadweller and a Daytona and a Yachtmaster II. Oh well.

ick2y yes just let me know what kind of rolex you need I got you, and hublot is just a fashion watch, theres something you guys need to learn, theres a 2nd hand market for watches, and if you buy a watch you should buy the right one

example chopards suck.10k retail

Ive been offered those for like 40 cents on the dollar, there horrible, thats just one watch

stick to panerai, rolex, omega, breitling, patek. vacheron, if you have the $$$$$$

other then that all those fashion watches like movado and hublot are garbage.

With all due respect, I think that's a rather myopic view of watches and watch companies in general. While there is certainly a market out there forused watches, resale value alone should not dictate which watches "suck" or are "garbage" so to speak. There are plenty of people whopurchase watches simply because they enjoy that particular piece and have no intention of ever reselling it. Wouldn't such an individual be happier with awatch he or she truly enjoys as opposed to a watch that would fetch more on ebay? If somebody wants to invest, there are far better investments than watches.I'm sure everyone would like to see their luxury timepieces retain value or even appreciate but if that's the only reason to have a nice watch, it allbecomes a lot less enjoyable.

Using your example, Chopard is hardly horrible in my opinion. Although their pricetags may be high, you must also consider the fact that the retail pricedoesn't necessarily reflect the price people are paying - a hefty discount is available at most dealers. At over 30% off, I think 7K for a 10K Chopard suchas the L.U.C. Pro One is fairly reasonable. The Pro One is possibly one of the highest quality luxury dive watches being made. The finishing on them isfantastic and the manufacture movement is excellent as well.

As for Hublot, I think the company must be respected for creating a line as popular as the Big Bangs while using very creative combinations of materials fortheir watches. Although I'd like to see the company expand beyond what seems like an endless string of variations on the same model, I have no doubt theenthusiasm of the company's CEO and the company's awesome relationship with owners of their watches have a place in horology. In fact, I believe theyare currently working on an in-house movement so customers won't have to keep forking over five figures for modified ETA's. Just my two cents.

Patek Philippe is becoming my brand for freal. That and Bell & Ross, I will have to get some pics of my new PP.

With all due respect, I think that's a rather myopic view of watches and watch companies in general. While there is certainly a market out there for used watches, resale value alone should not dictate which watches "suck" or are "garbage" so to speak. There are plenty of people who purchase watches simply because they enjoy that particular piece and have no intention of ever reselling it. Wouldn't such an individual be happier with a watch he or she truly enjoys as opposed to a watch that would fetch more on ebay? If somebody wants to invest, there are far better investments than watches. I'm sure everyone would like to see their luxury timepieces retain value or even appreciate but if that's the only reason to have a nice watch, it all becomes a lot less enjoyable.

Using your example, Chopard is hardly horrible in my opinion. Although their pricetags may be high, you must also consider the fact that the retail price doesn't necessarily reflect the price people are paying - a hefty discount is available at most dealers. At over 30% off, I think 7K for a 10K Chopard such as the L.U.C. Pro One is fairly reasonable. The Pro One is possibly one of the highest quality luxury dive watches being made. The finishing on them is fantastic and the manufacture movement is excellent as well.

As for Hublot, I think the company must be respected for creating a line as popular as the Big Bangs while using very creative combinations of materials for their watches. Although I'd like to see the company expand beyond what seems like an endless string of variations on the same model, I have no doubt the enthusiasm of the company's CEO and the company's awesome relationship with owners of their watches have a place in horology. In fact, I believe they are currently working on an in-house movement so customers won't have to keep forking over five figures for modified ETA's. Just my two cents.

all im saying is invest your money right
wink.gif

if your going to spend 1200 on a movado, dont be mad when you see the same one on ebay for 300$ and its only worth 100$

so keep it high end imo.
happy.gif

^ But Movados shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Hublots. From what I've seen, which is obviously less than you, being a watch dealer,Hublots not only are in a whole 'nother price bracket (they are mostly 5 figures as opposed to 3 or 4 for Movados) and they seem to hold their value a lotmore.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I've never bought from either brand.

^^but im talking on a second hand market, THERES NO VALUE. just ridiculous retail and bad turn around. ^^

Originally Posted by jman23mj

ick2y yes just let me know what kind of rolex you need I got you, and hublot is just a fashion watch, theres something you guys need to learn, theres a 2nd hand market for watches, and if you buy a watch you should buy the right one

example chopards suck.10k retail

Ive been offered those for like 40 cents on the dollar, there horrible, thats just one watch

stick to panerai, rolex, omega, breitling, patek. vacheron, if you have the $$$$$$

other then that all those fashion watches like movado and hublot are garbage.

With all due respect, I think that's a rather myopic view of watches and watch companies in general. While there is certainly a market out there for used watches, resale value alone should not dictate which watches "suck" or are "garbage" so to speak. There are plenty of people who purchase watches simply because they enjoy that particular piece and have no intention of ever reselling it. Wouldn't such an individual be happier with a watch he or she truly enjoys as opposed to a watch that would fetch more on ebay? If somebody wants to invest, there are far better investments than watches. I'm sure everyone would like to see their luxury timepieces retain value or even appreciate but if that's the only reason to have a nice watch, it all becomes a lot less enjoyable.

Using your example, Chopard is hardly horrible in my opinion. Although their pricetags may be high, you must also consider the fact that the retail price doesn't necessarily reflect the price people are paying - a hefty discount is available at most dealers. At over 30% off, I think 7K for a 10K Chopard such as the L.U.C. Pro One is fairly reasonable. The Pro One is possibly one of the highest quality luxury dive watches being made. The finishing on them is fantastic and the manufacture movement is excellent as well.

As for Hublot, I think the company must be respected for creating a line as popular as the Big Bangs while using very creative combinations of materials for their watches. Although I'd like to see the company expand beyond what seems like an endless string of variations on the same model, I have no doubt the enthusiasm of the company's CEO and the company's awesome relationship with owners of their watches have a place in horology. In fact, I believe they are currently working on an in-house movement so customers won't have to keep forking over five figures for modified ETA's. Just my two cents.
I agree to some extent. Hublot has great resale value from what I could see. Movado is a whole different story, you can't even compare Hublot withMovado. Hublot has great service, what other watch company do you get the CEO or President of the company personally send you a hand written extended warranty?From experience, none really comes to mind.

I find Breitling and Omega to have a decent resale value as well. I wouldn't say they are great like Rolex, Patek or Panerai. I would even say Hublot has amuch better resale value than both Omega and Breitling. Your views seems a bit skewed but I understand since it comes from a watch seller. When I buysomething, I just do not worry about it's resale value. If I personally like how a Hublot BB looks and service with a resale value of 50% compared to aRolex Presidential which isn't exactly my favorite look but has a resale value of 90%-110%, I will go with the Hublot all the way. Again, thats just me. Ipersonally do not liek Movado but if I find something they make that I like and that the right price, I will not hesitate and buy it.

It's just the same argument I always have with Watchmakers and Designer watches. Not everyone needs the great movements IWC or Bell & Ross has, if youfind a great looking watch and feels its the righ tprice, get it because you will just regret it later on.

Originally Posted by Stuuuuuuu89

Originally Posted by justinvincent
WTH is this thing? I kind of like it
It's a very unique watch. I saw it at Barneys a year or two ago and always thought they were pretty cool. It will take time getting used to howit tells time.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Stuuuuuuu89

Originally Posted by justinvincent
WTH is this thing? I kind of like it
It's a very unique watch. I saw it at Barneys a year or two ago and always thought they were pretty cool. It will take time getting used to how it tells time.
What company is it? How much? How do you tell time with it?

The company's name is Nooka as written on the watch. The huge round dots are the hours, so depending on how many is blacked out or lit up, that is thehour. The minutes are the long line and it is marked for every 5 minutes. It shows a bar and wherever the bar stops is the current minute at that moment.

I love this thread
Here are my contributions, nothing too serious, but I love my watches. I don't have any watches from the upper echelon, but once my money right, the watchafficionado in me will be unleashed.

Swatch Windfall
swatchwindfallpf8.jpg

This is a Swatch released in 2002 for the 40th anniversary of the James Bond movies. Swatch released a collection of watches each representing a movie. As youcan see mine is for the Die Another Day, the face flips to reveal the watch.
swatchjamesbonddieanothqp0.jpg

swatchjamesbonddieanothfg0.jpg

swatchjamesbonddieanothzt8.jpg

Tommy Hilfiger I received as a gift, don't really wear it.
tommyhilfigerhl0.jpg

This is a Kolber. This watched belonged to my grandfather before he passed away. The brand is a swiss watchmaker not very well known in North America but morein Europe and the Middle East. I would be very surprised if someone knew about this brand.
kolberff1.jpg

kolber2er4.jpg

DKNY this is my favourite watch.
dknymo8.jpg

dkny2ue0.jpg

My new Nooka Zub ZenV that I just bought. I love these watches.
nookazubzenvnh7.jpg

nookazubzenv2iy2.jpg

Feel free to comment or to ask any question. Keep this thread alive.
pimp.gif

that orange Zub ZenV is dope!
I'm currently deciding my next Nooka, such a dope watch.

Stuuuuuuu89 - the watch is made by a company named NOOKA as said before, I bought mine for $125. As always the prices vary according to the model its safe tosay that the price ranges from 125 - 250.

I know theres people out there with high end crazy nice watches so post em!

Back
Top Bottom