Potential Problem with Buyer on eBay

I'm not gonna say excatly which pair was sold, but here the fiasco...

my auction ended last friday, june 12th. it ended for $405. i set shipping within the us to $23, and $75 for international. $75 is steep but i really want todiscourage international buyers because i dont want to be responsible if a package is lost-etc. i just feel safer shipping within the states. the winningbidder was from mexico.

not once did he ever PM me during the auction, and on monday, 3 days after he had won, i sent an invoice. usually, winning bidders pay asap- or at least fromthe people i have dealt with. so im not gonna lie, woke up today, and im getting kinda nervous...it's been 5 days...and i really dont wanna relist... iwould really prefer if dude just paid...

well i got this today, 5 days after the auction ended, 12 days after i orginally started the auction

USPS priority mail costs like $40 to Mexico

what should i do? in all honesty he could have contacted me anytime before today, anytime during the auction, or either of those 3 days before isent the invoice. He was pretty much a dead beat bidder.

since i sent the invoive, i cant adjust any prices, but since he bid and won, didnt he agree to pay the shipping rates that i had set? who is he to now try tohaggle shipping? im just fearful or negative feedback... i have 100%....

what should i do?

Originally Posted by blackiceblaze

I'm not gonna say excatly which pair was sold, but here the fiasco...

my auction ended last friday, june 12th. it ended for $405. i set shipping within the us to $23, and $75 for international. $75 is steep but i really want to discourage international buyers because i dont want to be responsible if a package is lost-etc. i just feel safer shipping within the states. the winning bidder was from mexico.

not once did he ever PM me during the auction, and on monday, 3 days after he had won, i sent an invoice. usually, winning bidders pay asap- or at least from the people i have dealt with. so im not gonna lie, woke up today, and im getting kinda nervous...it's been 5 days...and i really dont wanna relist... i would really prefer if dude just paid...

well i got this today, 5 days after the auction ended, 12 days after i orginally started the auction

USPS priority mail cost like $40 to Mexico
what should i do? in all honesty he could have contacted me anytime before today, anytime during the auction, or either of those 3 days before i sent the invoice. He was pretty much a dead beat bidder.

since i sent the invoive, i cant adjust any prices, but since he bid and won, didnt he agree to pay the shipping rates that i had set? who is he to now try to haggle shipping? im just fearful or negative feedback... i have 100%....

what should i do?

Exactly. He may neg you I'd..I'd report him as not paying and cite what he wrote to you if you can. The fact that he did this on purpose makes himsuspect.

You can create another invoice and send it to him with an adjusted shipping cost. You can open up a case after 7 days, and then Ebay will side with you becausewith him winning the auction, he agreed to pay that $75 shipping, and if he leaves negative, you can ask ebay to remove it on the grounds of buyer not paying.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

why didn't you just state that you don't ship internationally?
if theyre gonna go 75 shipped... that makes me feel ALOT better....

and rapido....if he pays AFTER 7 days... i wouldnt be responsible for the negative feedback?

edit: still need advice.... how do i respond?

Just say it clearly states in my auction that shipping to international is $75 and by winning my auction you agreed to pay. I have the right to set shipping asI see fit regardless of what it actually costs. Please pay the amount of the item plus shipping or be reported to ebay for failure to pay.

He cant do nothing about it.He cant put a negative feedback on you.It is the buyers responsibility to read the auction to a T.You clearly stated the prices forshipping.Regardless of what HE THINKS, your auction was specific.ONLY you can negative him if he doesnt pay.If he didnt wanna pay that much for shipping,HESHOULDNT HAVE BID TO BEGIN WITH!Your good fam.....

as for how do you respond???Tell him pay up or your gonna email paypal with a dispute.Also call them and talk to them as well.Never trust emails.call them, geta name, and probably an associate i.d. number.Talking to them is always better.when you write emails you might forget something.Plus you can better explainyourself what the conflict is...

International shipping FTL.

Thats a good idea to raise the international rate like that tho...

you shouldn't have let international bidders bid if you didnt want to ship outside the US

When dealing internationally, I only ship USPS Express with full insurance and you betcha it's $$ as all get out LOL and I will only ship to confirmedaddresses so that cuts down on a lot of int'l buyers.

Tell him tough #!+*, by bidding he agreed to the terms of the auction and that includes the shipping price.

Yeah, he entered a contract to pay his bid plus the shipping that you stated in the auction - doesn't matter if he thinks it's unreasonable now - heshould have thought of that before he placed his bid.

Doesn't matter either that the actual postage only costs $40 - you still have to package them. I don't buy the argument that it also pays for your timeand getting to the post office etc. but he has to realise that you need to pay for packing - granted, not $35 worth, but it doesn't matter really.

i would've tried to get your second chance offer to the second highest bidder and filed a non-paying against the winner. you'd most likely only belosing a few dollars, and might be a safer scenario.

My response:

Dear BUYER,

Unfortunately, by bidding and winning, you have accepted the fee's that i had set. I don't understand how youcould win an auction, and then haggle a price. The price was set before you bid. $75.

If you had a problem with shipping rates, you should not have bid, or you could have contacted me. I do not know wherebids come from until i see who wins. I had a buyer from france who won my black/pink yeezys and shipping was more than what i had listed.

- ME

all you need to do is open a case with ebay saying he didn't pay. Now you can't get your fees back till after 7 days or if he responds to yourcomplaint. Once he responds you can close it. What I do is bait the buyer into responding to the complaint like saying in the description, Hey can you let meknow if you're going to pay? Then when he responds I just click to end communication, get my fees back and then he gets a strike. I always deal with U.S.only now. Just because I hate not being able to use those 24 hour kiosks at the P.O.

ok so he has not responded...

i sent this:

There seems to be a dispute about this item.

However, I have sent a reply to your last email and you have not responded.

I originally contacted you with my message in the invoice i sent.

The only time you have contacted me was yesterday, trying to bring down the price of shipping.

Unfortunately, the invoice was sent and before you bid, you understood the responsibility that you would endure should you win the auction.

Tomorrow at precisely 10:10:26 AM PDT, the auction would have been ended for over a week. should you decide not to pay, i will be forced to issue you a strike.

when you are about to confirm your bid here's what ebay says:

"You are agreeing to a contract -- You will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if you're the winning bidder.You are responsible for reading the full item listing, including the seller's instructions and accepted payment methods. Seller assumes all responsibilityfor listing this item."

If he doesnt pay, and you win the ebay dispute then he cant leave you any feedback. If he does pay, then he's free to do whatever he wants.

If you're shipping to a confirmed address with a tracking number then you have nothing to worry about (in the future). He can still agree to pay the $75and still leave you a negative feedback out of spite. If you're happy with the price the auction ended at, then just send a new invoice with the adjustedshipping price and let it go.

He could possibly report YOU to eBay for excessive shipping fees though. To Mexico at most it would cost around $38 and eBay knows that, and could keep an eyeon you and remove auctions that you could possibly list in the future. As an experienced seller, I can tell you that the best way to avoid any problems is tojust allow the adjusted shipping price and let them go.

all of this makes me feel very comfortable in my stance to only ship to US customers. i only want to have to worry about the locals.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lboiczo

If he doesnt pay, and you win the ebay dispute then he cant leave you any feedback. If he does pay, then he's free to do whatever he wants.

If you're shipping to a confirmed address with a tracking number then you have nothing to worry about (in the future). He can still agree to pay the $75 and still leave you a negative feedback out of spite. If you're happy with the price the auction ended at, then just send a new invoice with the adjusted shipping price and let it go.

He could possibly report YOU to eBay for excessive shipping fees though. To Mexico at most it would cost around $38 and eBay knows that, and could keep an eye on you and remove auctions that you could possibly list in the future. As an experienced seller, I can tell you that the best way to avoid any problems is to just allow the adjusted shipping price and let them go.
Not true, I went to the post office yesterday and the total was closer to $45, not including box and supplies. With box and supplies, Prob around$50 and i still have to add insurance.

I've already opened a case.

Back
Top Bottom