Power Max vs Blue chip

I'm planning to pick one of these up for balling.

The Power Max look real clean, especially Greg Oden's PE (hopefully they release). Plus the Max Air will be good for my knees. The only problem is theylook super heavy.

I've heard some really good things about the Blue Chip, but was hoping to get more info on them. Not really diggin the looks, but hey, if they perform wellI don't mind.

Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate the help.

Dude this aint helping you at all since i didnt try any of them one but the power maxs are fire
pimp.gif

i dont know what u consider heavy but the power maxes arent as heavy as the lebron 4 - checkt he oz. on footlocker to compare

I consider the Air Force 25s heavy. That @*%% was ridiculous. But after checking the weight of the Powermax and AirForce25 i found that the Powermax are 4 ozlighter. 16.8 oz aint that bad i guess

16-17 oz is like standard weight for a basketball shoe...for the team lines alot of times the shox are heavier than the air max shoes because the air max unitactually decreases the weight of the shoe

i havent tried eihter yet but true max will help ur knees plus deron williams just sprained his ankle in them blue chips (if that counts for anything)-->soi say power max

Thanks for the input guys. Damn i feel bad for D-Will, that sucks.
I actually tried on the Blue Chips and they felt pretty damn nice. Don't know how they perform though.
I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of Powermax to try on, but no stores seem to carry them. Anyone know where they have these in stock to try on??
Also does anyone know if an all-white Powermax is comin out? (similar to G. Oden's and D. Fish's)
Thaaanks

they should both be able to protect your knees pretty well, but the Power Max would probably absorb more energy than the Blue Chip. however, if you're aguard, the Blue Chip will have much more low-profile cushioning (although not at the level of Zoom Air), which should allow for better court feel

just by looking at it, i would say that the blue chip would be better suited for me.

Blue Chips are true to size. I wear 10.5 in all Nike, and when i went to store to try it on, 10.5 fit perfect.

any updates? has anyone tried on both? OP, what'd you buy and why? i'm considering either one as well but i'm not sure how they both feel. i'mplanning to go try on some blue chips next time i swing by a shoe store. might even make a trip to niketown to see what they have.

lol numerous guys have sprained their ankles in any shoe they play in.
lets just be honest guys lol. it's all a matter of supersition lol.
its just like saying you'll automatically sprain ur ankle in a low top
which is not true whatsoever. I've sprained my ankle more in mids than lows.
I actually haven't sprained my ankle in my zoom bb2 lows once

But back to the OG post. I can't really speak for performance of either shoe
but surprisingly the power max is light for an air max shoe.
and this is coming from a 5'5 135 point guard who lives on zoom air lol
I tried them on because I found a pair at an outlet, the fit was half a size small
I'm a true 10.5, but the 11 fit fine. But I do tend to wear .5 down for basketball
for a snug fit. the cushioning was definitely there though, it was a nice soft ride

^ tempting me to buy a pair of powermaxes. but i think i'll hold out for this year's releases to see what's good. good enough review for me,thanks.

i have heard alot of bad things about the blue chips from some guys i run pick up games with. a few of them are wearing them as team shoes but multiple guyshave said their shoes ripped after only a couple weeks of playing.

ive heard the same thing about the closer 2 which is basically the same shoe with a strap on it.

I love my blue chips I slid a gel insole in em' an fell in love the traction is great better those damn spot ups which got returned after one nite ofhoopin'.

but idk about the power max 16.8 iz jus a lil to much shoe for me now but I loved playin in my Aj 19's so go figure.

Back
Top Bottom