precautions to take when engaging in a meetup? vol. Craigslist (no dateline)

so im looking to cop a ps3, dude says its brand new and blah blah blah. i made an offer for $400 and he said cool. only thing is, dudes in Venice, im in LongBeach. obviously this will be a cash transaction, and ive never done a deal with this kind of dinero so im looking for tips as to how i can protect myself.

i already know, well lit area, public place and so on. but what else? i dont want to drive back home and make another thread called "so i got took for$400 vol. i feel like dying (no weezy)" so im trying to take as much precaution as possible.

tips? advice? thanks NT.

so i got took for $400 vol. i feel like dying (no weezy)

laugh.gif

Bring 1 extra person. No need to bring a minivan filled with your soccer team. Make sure it works though I dunno how but you dont want to get a broke P.O.S

I was about to meet up with someone to buy a cell phone, but I never followed through and e-mailed him back. I was planning on taking a few of my friends withme and meeting somewhere like the mall though.

test the ps3 out if possible. ie. find a place and power it up

That's a pretty good idea, if you can find somewhere to plug it in. If it's brand new like he says and is factory sealed, then you most likelywouldn't need to do this.

How far from Venice is Long Beach?

laugh.gif
hahaha never thought of it that way
roll.gif

anywhoo, does venice have sets out there? i mean, dudes name is Sean.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Bring 1 extra person. No need to bring a minivan filled with your soccer team. Make sure it works though I dunno how but you dont want to get a broke P.O.S

1? nah you wildin..what if dude brings 3 wit him? thats 4 on 2..

Originally Posted by tmay407

I was about to meet up with someone to buy a cell phone, but I never followed through and e-mailed him back. I was planning on taking a few of my friends with me and meeting somewhere like the mall though.

test the ps3 out if possible. ie. find a place and power it up

That's a pretty good idea, if you can find somewhere to plug it in. If it's brand new like he says and is factory sealed, then you most likely wouldn't need to do this.

How far from Venice is Long Beach?

about 30 minutes according to google maps

i sell and buy stuff all the time...

def bring at least one of ur boys so that the guy doesn't try anything

meet in a public place...i always choose a starbucks cuz they have outlets. That way you can plug in whatever you are buying or selling to prove it works,

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

bring 3 of ya boys wit you

Agreed.

Making the transaction in a public place would help as well. The person would be less tempted to do anything crazy in public.

yeah i was thinking something along the lines of a starbucks, im sure venice got tons of em all over the place too. is anyone familiar with the area of lacienega and venice?

CincoSeisDos, venice has a few sets but you should good. the only active ones that i even pay attention to are venice shoreline crips and venice 13(eses)

about 30 minutes according to google maps

I see. I had some reason for asking earlier, but I can't remember what it was now.

Like the guy above said though, Starbucks is a pretty good place. It's usually always busy, and they have outlets. This might be a little OD, but I wouldfind someone with a small TV (like a little 13" TV or something that you could just throw in the trunk) that you could drag along so you could hook thePS3 up to it and make sure it for sure works. $400 is just too much money to me to risk on buying something that I'm not 100% sure works though, that'swhy I'm suggesting that.

rock4light u goin overboard hes goin to buy a ps3 not hold up a liquor store...

it aint that serious to bring tha heat out fam, just bring a boxcutter...if he bout that mess give dude the ill buck 50

Back
Top Bottom