pregnancy: life changing experience

Originally Posted by eleet1

Congrats OP! Its really a trip at first. I know when i first found out i was like damn i dont know what to do. I was 19 at the time, wasnt in school, didnt have a job, pretty much going nowhere in life. My daughter is 1yr an 3mos now and she is the greatest thing in my life. Really caused me to grow up and handle my business. It will be hard at first but its all worth it.

Also make sure you are there for the birth. It is a crazy experience.

Good luck with everything.

DRASTIC UNDERSTATEMENT.

I'm 27 I should not be nervous on telling my parents, I'm a grown man and I see myself with her for life and this should be the happiest thing that hashappened to me. It's going to be a half white and asian baby rockin nice kicks :smile:

Basically save your cash and try to rack up on pampers. MAking sure to ask for the most necessary items for the babay shower.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by eleet1

Congrats OP! Its really a trip at first. I know when i first found out i was like damn i dont know what to do. I was 19 at the time, wasnt in school, didnt have a job, pretty much going nowhere in life. My daughter is 1yr an 3mos now and she is the greatest thing in my life. Really caused me to grow up and handle my business. It will be hard at first but its all worth it.

Also make sure you are there for the birth. It is a crazy experience.

Good luck with everything.

DRASTIC UNDERSTATEMENT.

Well i guess it was a little more than crazy. But really it was all good with me. I wasnt grossed out or anything. I even cut the umbilical cord. Of thatwhole process the only time i felt off my game was when my girl was have her contractions waiting before she was dialated enough so she could get the epideral.

I'm 29 and my baby just turned 3months. Fortunately me and my wife are in a place where she was able to stay home for work for awhile because gettingadjusted to having a little one is major shake up. Just hold your head because, its going to take extreme patience dealing with her mood swings. My wife wasalso sick the whole pregnancy so that didn't help either. But once the baby is here, you'll be as happy as can be.

Also be prepared for the six weeks after the baby is born because YNS.

*essay alert*

I'll start with my situation. I was 24, just kicked out of law school (she was a 2L, 3 years older than me), and looking for a job. She switched birthcontrol. She told me in early dec she was preggo, and i didn't think too much of it. I just assumed we'd have the abortion and get it over with. Fastforward to the day before the appointment, she's up all night crying, and I damn near broke down. We both knew something didnt feel right, so i asked herabout 3 hours before whether she was sure. She said no and it was settled; we were having a baby.

Her pregnancy was pretty good. Nothing out of the ordinary, not too much morning sickness. She gained about 20 lbs. The only real emotional changes were shewas real sappyy. Anything on TV about dogs or babies would have her in tears. And her vagina was extra sensitive, so that meant no sex (luckily she wasn'tstingy with the oral). About 3 weeks before the due date we go for a regular check up. Doc tells us she has preeclampsia (high blood pressure), and the babywas coming out today. I called my parents, her parents and we checked in, got into our room, etc. For me, the scariest part was seeing her hooked up to all themachines. About 5 hours after we first got to the hospital, They did the C section. I didnt see too much of the surgery, they just brought me in about 5 minsbefore they pulled my daughter out. When I saw my daughter it was kind of surreal; not really crazy or life altering, but more or less like I was watching amovie or something. Three days later, we're back at our apt.

The first two weeks were pretty gravy, I was excited about waking up in the middle of the night, helping etc. After that it sucked. Your gonna wake up everytwo hours. Your going to be tired and cranky. After about a month and a half, you kind of get used to being exhausted. Luckily she's a breast baby, and weput her in a co sleeper beside the bed, so id just roll over, pass her to the wife to put on the titty, and be back to sleep.

*Tips*

1. Breast is best. Mostly because it's free as air. Formula can get pricey, so you should try to agree on that issue.

2. Diapers. We used cloth diapers (we had a diaper service for the first 3 months, but cancelled it cause we received about 2 dozen good quality cloth diapers)until 3 months ago (daughter is 15 months now). Figure out what you want to use. Disposables are much easier, and less mess; but cause more diaper rashes and alot of studies say disposables legnthen potty training time by almost 6 months. Cloth diapers are slightly harder to use, are more expensive to start off ( butare waaay cheaper after a couple of months), and of course, you have to clean them. It's not too bad when they're on the breast or formula; solid foodsis a whole different story. But if you can deal, you'll probably save yourself 600-800 dollars over a year. If you breast feed and use cloth diapers, yoursaving an easy 1500 over the year

3. Help out. It doesn't even to be with the baby. Cooking/Picking up dinner 1 or 2 nights a week, vacuuming, cleaning a baaathroom, doing the laundry willmake things a whole lot easier on her.

4. You really have to be selfless. I used to get annoyed that after I came home from a 9 hour work day and an almost hour long bus/metro ride, she would expectme to take care of the baby when she did things she needed to do. Staying at home is far from the vacation it might seem. I took the summer off so my wifecould work and I took care of our daughter; let's just say I have no qualms about waking up at 4:15 am after playing mr. mom for a few months

I'll prolly edit later on. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me.

*essay alert*

I'll start with my situation. I was 24, just kicked out of law school (she was a 2L, 3 years older than me), and looking for a job. She switched birthcontrol. She told me in early dec she was preggo, and i didn't think too much of it. I just assumed we'd have the abortion and get it over with. Fastforward to the day before the appointment, she's up all night crying, and I damn near broke down. We both knew something didnt feel right, so i asked herabout 3 hours before whether she was sure. She said no and it was settled; we were having a baby.

Her pregnancy was pretty good. Nothing out of the ordinary, not too much morning sickness. She gained about 20 lbs. The only real emotional changes were shewas real sappyy. Anything on TV about dogs or babies would have her in tears. And her vagina was extra sensitive, so that meant no sex (luckily she wasn'tstingy with the oral). About 3 weeks before the due date we go for a regular check up. Doc tells us she has preeclampsia (high blood pressure), and the babywas coming out today. I called my parents, her parents and we checked in, got into our room, etc. For me, the scariest part was seeing her hooked up to all themachines. About 5 hours after we first got to the hospital, They did the C section. I didnt see too much of the surgery, they just brought me in about 5 minsbefore they pulled my daughter out. When I saw my daughter it was kind of surreal; not really crazy or life altering, but more or less like I was watching amovie or something. Three days later, we're back at our apt.

The first two weeks were pretty gravy, I was excited about waking up in the middle of the night, helping etc. After that it sucked. Your gonna wake up everytwo hours. Your going to be tired and cranky. After about a month and a half, you kind of get used to being exhausted. Luckily she's a breast baby, and weput her in a co sleeper beside the bed, so id just roll over, pass her to the wife to put on the titty, and be back to sleep.

*Tips*

1. Breast is best. Mostly because it's free as air. Formula can get pricey, so you should try to agree on that issue.

2. Diapers. We used cloth diapers (we had a diaper service for the first 3 months, but cancelled it cause we received about 2 dozen good quality cloth diapers)until 3 months ago (daughter is 15 months now). Figure out what you want to use. Disposables are much easier, and less mess; but cause more diaper rashes and alot of studies say disposables legnthen potty training time by almost 6 months. Cloth diapers are slightly harder to use, are more expensive to start off ( butare waaay cheaper after a couple of months), and of course, you have to clean them. It's not too bad when they're on the breast or formula; solid foodsis a whole different story. But if you can deal, you'll probably save yourself 600-800 dollars over a year. If you breast feed and use cloth diapers, yoursaving an easy 1500 over the year

3. Help out. It doesn't even to be with the baby. Cooking/Picking up dinner 1 or 2 nights a week, vacuuming, cleaning a baaathroom, doing the laundry willmake things a whole lot easier on her.

4. You really have to be selfless. I used to get annoyed that after I came home from a 9 hour work day and an almost hour long bus/metro ride, she would expectme to take care of the baby when she did things she needed to do. Staying at home is far from the vacation it might seem. I took the summer off so my wifecould work and I took care of our daughter; let's just say I have no qualms about waking up at 4:15 am after playing mr. mom for a few months

I'll prolly edit later on. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me.

Im 24 and my gf lives with me and we have a son. We are waiting to get married. I would usually suggest you wait it out. Its better that way plus you don'tget stuck paying for it yourself. If you want tip and tricks and what all to do PM me.

Back
Top Bottom