Prevent getting scammed?? Vol. MONEY ORDERS

Tell him to create a paypal account. Typo
laugh.gif

Yo if a dude dont have paypal and he got some feedback seeming legit but me being who I am dont like dealing with scammers & im real cautious... How can ipay with money order & prevent getting scammed??

i got scammed with a money order once. the person can always say they didnt receive the money or just plain old not ship things to you.

You cant, I only accept money orders now since I gave up with paypal and lemme tell you, its VERY hard to get people to buy
smh.gif

Even though I am prolly the most legit seller to...

The funny thing is, scamming with paypal is WAY easier than with a money order, yes, because with a money order that is fraud and they actually have your REALname/addy which I think is stupid/******ed for someone to scam when the person knows that info. With paypal you can make up EVERYthing and get away withit...Sad but true.

^that's what I've done.

In the last few months I paid 3 people with USPS MOs w/ confirmation and luckily everything went smooth.

I'd say preventing a situation is tough, but if the amount is enough for the hassle, you have the guy's name/info to go to claims court with

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

So if he scams me and I get signature confirmation... What can I do?

Nothing, except prove he received and cashed it, and that is useless info unless you ever go to court...

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

So if he scams me and I get signature confirmation... What can I do?

Nothing you can do, but cross your fingers and hope he's legit. Once he cashes it that's it, theres no guarantee that he will pay. Your only 2options are A) hunt him down B) call the cops in his district. That's all you can do.

There's something called cod, cash on delivery.. but never used it not sure how it works, might be worth looking into.

Just send it with signature confirmation and tracking, that's your best bet.
That way you know hegot it and keep the M.O stub because they write down the person who cashes it.
If you don't hear from the seller you can always cancel it i believe.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

ohwell.gif
yeah there is no scam proof way to use a money order

well I don't know about you guys but the way my bank works is they track all money orders and cashiers checks and if there is a discrepancy they can stoppayment or cancel and if its too late for that they have even reimbursed me...

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

ohwell.gif
yeah there is no scam proof way to use a money order

well I don't know about you guys but the way my bank works is they track all money orders and cashiers checks and if there is a discrepancy they can stop payment or cancel and if its too late for that they have even reimbursed me...
who do you bank with?

Back
Top Bottom