Probably Gonna Have To Put Our Dog Down Tomorrow.

I know what you guys mean. We had to put down one of the family dogs this past November. It was a tough decision to make but we did what had to be done to end the little dude's suffering.

after reading this thread, i woke my dog up and made her sleep next to me. trying to appreciate the time I have with her now even though she's just barely over a year old.

Thats rough, my dog of about 15 years died in Jan. I knew it was coming but that doesn't ease the pain. I had gotten into photography about a year ago. Take a lot of pics with your dog during these last few moments, you don't have to be professional but It helps for when you look back.

Toughest thing I've ever had to do. She passed on peacefully though, which is all I could have ever hoped for her.

Damn homey. 
tired.gif
RIP

I've had to watch one of my dogs pass on as well.

I've had 2 aunts pass, so it wasn't the saddest thing I've seen, but I still cried like a child.

RIP to your dog.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by nick0lis

my dog had lymphatic cancer and died the day after my birthday last summer. we were at the vet, and she died in my moms arms.
frown.gif
i cried for the next two weeks

edit:
maybe this short film will help you my man. i know it did me.

http://www.youtube.com/v/EOAcRKZxjy4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/EOAcRKZxjy4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

dam man, what a short vid, I got a pit thats like my son, dont ever want that day to come but will..keep your head up homie

i was just wondering for the long run for my dog. if u put a dog down at the vet, and if i decide not to take it with me cause i can't bear to bury it myself what does the vet do with the body?

i was just wondering for the long run for my dog. if u put a dog down at the vet, and if i decide not to take it with me cause i can't bear to bury it myself what does the vet do with the body?

Originally Posted by offbad

you need to be there for your dog

just think of all the times she was there for you.

you know the dogs can feel it. they have some crazy internal/innate stuff going on.
they know. and i'm sure she would love for you to be there with her.
qft.

dogs are definitely family.  my dog died a month ago.  she was mad old, 16 years, and i'm only 19.  she began having breathing problems because her heart was weak, apparently not getting enough oxygenated blood circulating.  i think it was best for her to go, and i'm happy that she didn't have to stick around and suffer.

be there for your dog.  its gonna be real sad, but for real, shes gonna be better off.  remember that, and it'll help you cope.

RIP.

I cried when my dog was sick.

I cant imagine what ill do when I have to put him down.

I dont even wanna think about it.

ohwell.gif

Hang in there my man. Went through the same thing and it's never easy. But rest assured, all dogs go to heaven and you move on. Dogs teach so much about life...

sorry to hear that, OP. RIP to your dog

my roommate has a dog and i almost feel like i've had one for the last 4 months or so. i couldnt imagine what it would feel like if he had to be put down, and he's not even my dog.

Originally Posted by CashMoney

They told us we could have her cremated (which we did) but if that isn't your choice i'm not too sure.

Stay up OP.  He will be at a better place! R.I.P.

Damn... This thread brings back the memories of my dog... Had a Rottweiler for 10 years. I loved that dog... When he was diagnosed with cancer I couldn't bear the feeling of being without him. A week before he passed, he started becoming really weak and it came to the point where he couldn't even eat. The morning we were going to put him down, my mom went outside to check on him... He had passed away in his favorite spot. To me it was bittersweet... not having to witness him being put down, but not being there in his final moments...

R.I.P. Taz

Back
Top Bottom