problem solved, thanks for the responses!, feel free to close MODS

so last thursday my htc incredible 2 completely died on me, verizon sent a new one, came in today. Now my question is do I put my old sim card in the new phone? Its interesting because the replacement didnt come with a battery or sd card, but it DID have a sim card. I've googled it and got mixed results, just wondering what you guys think
thanks

Originally Posted by needsomejays

so last thursday my htc incredible 2 completely died on me, verizon sent a new one, came in today. Now my question is do I put my old sim card in the new phone? Its interesting because the replacement didnt come with a battery or sd card, but it DID have a sim card. I've googled it and got mixed results, just wondering what you guys think
thanks

That's new. I didn't know Verizon even carried sim cards in their phones. Just try to put the battery of your broken phone into the replacement phone with your original sim card. If it doesn't work, take out the battery and replace the sim card with the new one. Try both to see if it'll work. Maybe Verizon cancelled your old phone's sim card and sent you a new sim. And if that doesn't work either,  I recommend you go to a Verizon store so they can physically fix it for you. Good luck fam.  

Originally Posted by lalalindaaa

thanks

That's new. I didn't know Verizon even carried sim cards in their phones. Just try to put the battery of your broken phone into the replacement phone with your original sim card. If it doesn't work, take out the battery and replace the sim card with the new one. Try both to see if it'll work. Maybe Verizon cancelled your old phone's sim card and sent you a new sim. And if that doesn't work either,  I recommend you go to a Verizon store so they can physically fix it for you. Good luck fam.  

They started around the Blackberry Storm with sim cards for international business users. 

OP Take it to the store.

Just keep your old battery, sim card, and SD card and use it with the new phone. Simply take all of those things and put them in the new phone and you should be good to go.

turns out i didnt have any of my stuff backed up, so it didnt matter which sim card i used 
laugh.gif
....#%$@
tired.gif

turns out i didnt have any of my stuff backed up, so it didnt matter which sim card i used 
laugh.gif
....#%$@
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I made that mistake with my old pc and it crashed..lost all of my *%$ and now I save everything with my external hard drive. 

Back
Top Bottom