Product flaws on flightposite one retros

Have you guys noticed that the newly released Flightposite One series have some noticeable craftsman flaws on them? The indentation on the foampositematerial is not as deep as it suppose to be, making them look like the fake foamposite pros that are made in China. Not all of them are like that, butI've seen at lease a handful out of the batch. And they are not really made for basketball anymore, as the plastics on the tongue and heel pull comes offeasily after a few uses. The bottom wears down way too fast unless you play indoors. Your insights are welcome...

yea i did notice some shady lookin craftmanship on newer colorways in our shipment

they arent like the use to be the letters on the new ones are so bad they dont even stick on the pull tab

Yeah the letters peel off pretty easily ...
had to replace the insole too (Zoom Air is protruding, causing a BUMPY insole).

I think we can all agree:

No one makes anything the way they used to.
eyes.gif

yea that gold ones were especially bad... i had to return a pair because the right shoe almost had no grooves on the side and the left side was very welldefined... i was like... wow.
plus u can see the nike check on the outside of the shoes near the pinky toe area is sometimes different sizes... purples arent super quality either. i had noproblem with the black ones tho

ive noticed flaws on every shoe ever made by nike....being in a store and having customers find flaws and then i look at multiple pairs and find that theshapes are off or the whole shoe just doesnt look like it was put together very well, i say and i know everyone has already agreed....nike needs to step theirgame up and drop some balls n make something we all can enjoy 100%

The originals weren't perfect either. They had paper thin soles, faulty zipper cover, and the letters on the pull tab came off. So the retro'saren't far removed from the originals. I had to go though quite a few pairs of the retro eggplants to get a good pair, if you are paying $180 for a pair ofshoes no need to buy a flawed pair...

yea. i was disappointed in all four colors of the shoe i picked up...you can read into the lunacy and hipocracy of that statement as you see fit...

What else is new with Nike??? Smh* they really need to step up their Quality like the old days, or they will loose a customer with me. Its not just theseshoes, but plenty of releases this year that I have notice many flaws.

The letters on my pull tabs on my black ones started comin off and i didnt even wear them yet. Luckily i have fabric glue and put a lil and there good now.

The soles on most (especially the purples) don't "line up" with the creases at the bottom of the shoe...

Like, they couldn't get a factory to put a damn puzzle together properly.

That will be crucial a couple years from now, when the shoe "settles"...

Reason I refuse to pay full price.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

The soles on most (especially the purples) don't "line up" with the creases at the bottom of the shoe...

Like, they couldn't get a factory to put a damn puzzle together properly.

That will be crucial a couple years from now, when the shoe "settles"...

Reason I refuse to pay full price.
Agreed 100%.
frown.gif

I'm gonna' have to buy yet another pair and hope for the best ...
laugh.gif

Damn crack.

Damn you guys.....if iwould have never seen this thread I would have never noticed.
mad.gif

I checked my silvers last night when I got them and saw the swoosh on the left shoe, and the groove in front of it arent as defined as the other. Then I lookedat my blacks, and same thing on the same shoe. I havent checked my eggplants yet because they're buried, but I will when I feel like digging them out.

Kind of like the mold is bad for that shoe. SMH @ quality control at Nike.

This is overblown -- of course flaws can and will occur, but I don't think they're epidemic in the Flightposite 1 Retro's.

Bottom line, if you didn't notice when you picked them up and bought them or when you wore them at first, they don't matter.

If you want to caress the lines and details lovingly while you catalogue whether the shape conforms to OGs or whatever, go ahead -- but this kind ofmicromanagement and haranguing on the minor and meaningless is useless.

The constant harping on Nike's drop in "quality" is also tiresome -- "quality" varies widely depending on the product and it'srelative term anyhow.

Just because Sneakerheads (or whatever term y'all wanna self-apply) have a louder or "more informed opinion" doesn't make it any more"correct" or "right". We're just a small drop in the bucket of the millions that buy Nike products.

SMH @ people expecting what they pay for ... sheesh!
grin.gif

Don't expect it to get any better, either, as production costs go up and Nike tries not to pass it on to the consumer (tough job)!

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

This is overblown -- of course flaws can and will occur, but I don't think they're epidemic in the Flightposite 1 Retro's.

Bottom line, if you didn't notice when you picked them up and bought them or when you wore them at first, they don't matter.

If you want to caress the lines and details lovingly while you catalogue whether the shape conforms to OGs or whatever, go ahead -- but this kind of micromanagement and haranguing on the minor and meaningless is useless.

The constant harping on Nike's drop in "quality" is also tiresome -- "quality" varies widely depending on the product and it's relative term anyhow.

Just because Sneakerheads (or whatever term y'all wanna self-apply) have a louder or "more informed opinion" doesn't make it any more "correct" or "right". We're just a small drop in the bucket of the millions that buy Nike products.
Did someone say ISS?

Yeah, I think I heard someone...

Doesn't matter if you are buying a shoe, a car, a house, food....

You expect to get what you paid for. Especially when, the first time around, was better.

Why some people think NIKE is suppose to always get a pass on cutting corners -- and a place like NIKETALK ain't suppose to exist to discuss these things-- will ALWAYS blow me.

laugh.gif

I guess you that dude that just walk off when McD's gives you cold fries and an old burger, because asking for hot food -- what you expected and paid forthat is -- is just a tad "overblown."
laugh.gif

Do you.

Let us do US.

Thanks.

True...It could be the Mold since they had to duplicate it. I tho the Foamposite One Retro series was really well constructed except for the colors (e.g.Blk/Catcus, Blk/Red)

picked up two pairs of eggplants. thank god they are lookin pretty good. the letters on the tabs are iffy, but everything else is bueno

Back
Top Bottom