Production Numbers on Jordans for Retros and Other Releases

Does anyone know what the production numbers look like on Jordans, specifically retros.
With the banned 1s releasing, and the alleged 3000 pairs total that released,

how many pairs of adult sizes were made for a shoe like the space jam XIs, and/or 2011 white cement 3s?

i already did a search and didn't find anything so sorry if this has been posted

Does anyone know what the production numbers look like on Jordans, specifically retros.
With the banned 1s releasing, and the alleged 3000 pairs total that released,

how many pairs of adult sizes were made for a shoe like the space jam XIs, and/or 2011 white cement 3s?

i already did a search and didn't find anything so sorry if this has been posted

Originally Posted by dts939

That's because most numbers don't actually exist. You will hear rumors all day long and people guessing how many were made, but unless there's an actual tag or number somewhere on the shoe, production numbers are pure speculation. I actually believe that retros and "hard to get" shoes have a higher production number than most "general release" shoes.

It's the demand that kills it.

That's because most numbers don't actually exist. You will hear rumors all day long and people guessing how many were made, but unless there's an actual tag or number somewhere on the shoe, production numbers are pure speculation. I actually believe that retros and "hard to get" shoes have a higher production number than most "general release" shoes.

i see. so no one even has any slight idea of a ballpark range, like in the 10s of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even millions lol?

and i wonder why nike/jb doesn't release it themselves...

i see. so no one even has any slight idea of a ballpark range, like in the 10s of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even millions lol?

and i wonder why nike/jb doesn't release it themselves...

Originally Posted by ijapino

I would agree... it seems there were a LOT of cool grey XI's ... and NDC did a 3 limit on those, whereas they did a 1 per customer on Bordeaux's ...
NDC is pretty deceiving sometimes with their numbers to drive up hype. For example, they put the dunkmans this year at a 1 per customer for a pre-order, then changed it a couple weeks later to 3 per limit with a
FSR still. It also seems lately that when anyone asks them what type of release a specific shoe is on twitter, they always respond limited. My 2 cents.

I would agree... it seems there were a LOT of cool grey XI's ... and NDC did a 3 limit on those, whereas they did a 1 per customer on Bordeaux's ...
NDC is pretty deceiving sometimes with their numbers to drive up hype. For example, they put the dunkmans this year at a 1 per customer for a pre-order, then changed it a couple weeks later to 3 per limit with a
FSR still. It also seems lately that when anyone asks them what type of release a specific shoe is on twitter, they always respond limited. My 2 cents.

Is "limited" actually a specific number, because IMO, limited just means when there are less pairs than people who want them (there are people without pairs who want them, thus a GR could technically be "limited").....Nice point ijapino, interesting. This was always something I've wondered about too.

So what I'm thinking is "limited" is just a word and not actually a specific number of pairs....OR in terms on Nike, is it just when it is less than the normal GR quantity (varies with cw of course)

Is "limited" actually a specific number, because IMO, limited just means when there are less pairs than people who want them (there are people without pairs who want them, thus a GR could technically be "limited").....Nice point ijapino, interesting. This was always something I've wondered about too.

So what I'm thinking is "limited" is just a word and not actually a specific number of pairs....OR in terms on Nike, is it just when it is less than the normal GR quantity (varies with cw of course)

Millions. They seem like they don't make a lot because they have a high sell thru percentage. But there are actually more retro Jordans than some General Release shoes. on average a FL will get a 36 run or a 48 run. multiply that by the number of FL's. thats just one store. 

Millions. They seem like they don't make a lot because they have a high sell thru percentage. But there are actually more retro Jordans than some General Release shoes. on average a FL will get a 36 run or a 48 run. multiply that by the number of FL's. thats just one store. 

This man is 10000% correct.

This man is 10000% correct.

Back
Top Bottom